DVD-Rs Freezing Computer

Best answers
I have a SH-S162L Samsung DVD-RAM Drive. Everytime I insert a DVD-R in the drive, the computer tends to freeze up. I tried uninstalling all the burning software and deleted their registry keys and it still persists to freeze up on me. I use Verbatim DVD-Rs which is top notch so I dunno if it could be the brand. Yes, my Disc Drive supports the DVD-R format and i've completely updated the firmware.

CDs, CD-Rs, & DVDs work completely fine.

Other Notes:
*If I leave the DVD-R in the drive and restart the comp it will load up all the way to just before the login screen comes up but then all I get is a black screen until I eject it.
*I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the driver.
*I did a virus scan
*I tried older firmware
*I disconnected & re-connected the drive.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Tried checking your DMA settings? If its selected to PIO performance is dramatically decreased, So set it to DMA :)
Well because it can find and detect other media that rules out the lens being dirty...
Borrow a friends DVD drive and try that in there, if you get the same problem then we can rule out your drive being the issue!

Best answers
DMA is already set on.... I was gonna check the lens but I seem to have lost my lens cleaner. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom