Dungeon Fighter Online

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/

Basically it's like oldschool beat 'em up games. River City Ransom, Double Dragon, TMNT Turtles in Time, and such. It's free to play and has a party system to let you go through dungeons with friends. And from what I've seen of the PVP on it, it's definitely Skill > Gear or Levels. You can tear up with a lowbie if you're quick enough and know what you're doing.

It's pretty fun, they've got an assortment of different class with different styles. Slayers are your typical swordmen, heavy armored with medium speed attacks. Fighters are lighter armored but have much faster attacks. Gunners use even lighter armor, though get the advantage of range. In PVP they're kind of cheap, but most of their skills have a small X-Axis, so you can get around them if you know what you're doing. I haven't played Mage much, but I assume they're much like Gunners though they wear even less armor.

So far, my favorite is Fighter and I plan on changing her to Grappler as she has a huge supply of throwing based moves and those go through super armor. If anyone is down to play, hit me up. It's quick to pick up and get decent at, and doesn't require a huge investment of time.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4TDFfQ9Sk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRPm-KJnU0[/ame]

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those videos are from an older version.

1st Vid

All skill descriptions and attack commands are translated properly now, so you know what you're doing. I'm almost pretty sure the line break errors in NPC dialogue are fixed now and I have only seen a few instanced now where the text extends past the field it should(which is a common problem in localization when you go from a language where one character represents an entire word or syllables to something more western, like English. BTW, that dialog box he couldn't read about getting the beer? That's translated properly too now. If an NPC offers a repeatable quest that needs 5 items and you've got 16, that dialog lets you get 3x the reward instead of having to get the quest, complete it, then taking the quest again.

2nd Vid

I still see the occasional monster that is just standing around until you attack it, though that's not too big of deal like Kajetokun stated. As for the second set of errors, I assume he actually just had bad timing. While the error message could use a bit more fleshing out as to what is actually wrong, I assume he tried patching while the patch server was down considering there was a new patch 10 minutes later. And if you get enough people trying to patch at once, that can cause the discrepancies in download time. As of right now, I have no problem with patching. They might have already fixed the bugged PVP too, as I've yet to run into any issues there. I will agree, though, the Gunner idle stance is annoying, especially since it's the most popular class. If you go into a highly populated channel and are in town, you'll hear that damn "Chakchik" constantly.

So don't let them videos turn you off to the game! It's still in beta IIRC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom