Dumbledore likes it in the butt

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahh, i knew id eventually see this

it doesnt matter what that ***** says, dumbledore will always, ALWAYS be straight in my eyes

in short, he does not take it in the butt.

shame on you jakut

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the author says he is ***, then guess what, there is no higher authority on Harry Potter and it's universe than J.K. Rowling: He is ***.

As for "take it in the butt" I'll remind you that this is not /b/, nor is it anywhere else on the net, do not use derogatory terms for homosexuals or their activities.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My guess that it was just another publicity stunt. I mean c'mon it doesn't even make sense: he would be too ****ed up to hide the fact that he's *** and to be the headmaster of Hoggwarts.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. believe it or not, being *** does not mean your strange, wierd, or odd. its not an actual personality, its a preference. thats not to say some *** guys are girlish as hell...

If the author says he is ***, then guess what, there is no higher authority on Harry Potter and it's universe than J.K. Rowling: He is ***.
i believe its the reader that chooses what he takes out of the book, in this case especially. there was no mention or really even any hint that he was *** in the book, so to me he is not ***.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was serious mind****ery...but I can ignore it because it was never an issue of any sort in the book series.

Still though...thank you Rowling, for raping my teenage years with a crowbar...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was serious mind****ery...but I can ignore it because it was never an issue of any sort in the book series.

Still though...thank you Rowling, for raping my teenage years with a crowbar...
I think the whole reason she said the character was *** was to make people such as yourself realize that ultimately, whether one is straight or *** makes no difference. Raping your teenage years with a crowbar? Give me a break.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty, this really shouldn't change your opinion on the man, the writer or the books, ha.

And it's not like there really was much chance to explore such an issue in the books outside of pederasty, which would be ****ed up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't see that one coming, lol.

*** rights activists must be going WHRRYYYYY YEAH *****ES TAKE THAT.

I think it's a pretty cool move by Rowling.

Best answers
There are loads of kids reading the HP books and to find out he died a *** man...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
think the whole reason she said the character was *** was to make people such as yourself realize that ultimately, whether one is straight or *** makes no difference.
unfortunately, as hard as i try too, i will never get past the stereotypical look and personality of the alleged "*** man" (despite what i said a few posts above)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well as I wrote on my friend's LJ, I think rowling was smart to say it like this. If it'd been explicit in the books, then it would have become the focus whether anyone liked it or not. Seems that even in literary circles, in these times, you just can't have a character who happens to be *** without it becoming the focus of the story. So she was smart to mention it later. Plus I like how she's going to mess with the super right even more. Even if I weren't a liberal, I'd find that funny, because nothing's funnier than seeing people have a coronary and get red in the face with riteous (sp) indignation.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you really want to get into literary details, it was kinda bull for her to say it in the first place.

if shes an actual writer and actually looks at dumbledore as ***, she would have hinted at it (or even just brought it up) in the book. it just shows that shes either try to get more publicity or trying to appease to a particular group

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if shes an actual writer and actually looks at dumbledore as ***, she would have hinted at it (or even just brought it up) in the book. it just shows that shes either try to get more publicity or trying to appease to a particular group
Or she's completely normal, and simply cares about the success of her product. If she had made Dumbledore come out of the closet (haha) any sooner, it would have likely had severe consequences for her.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty pathetic how appalled some of you are at this decision. Grow up, I can't put it any better than that.

Good for Rowling

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you really want to get into literary details, it was kinda bull for her to say it in the first place.

The subtext is there in the books, albeit very limited. Sometimes it's more about details that are absent as opposed to explicit statements.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty pathetic how appalled some of you are at this decision. Grow up, I can't put it any better than that.

Good for Rowling
i was joking at the beginning of the thread but im serious at this point. the only reason i dont like this decision is because its showing her own weakness as a writer, not because some old dude suddenly turned to the multi-colored side. i truly believe shes just trying to get publicity she doesnt need, so she can get even more money.

The subtext is there in the books, albeit very limited. Sometimes it's more about details that are absent as opposed to explicit statements.
in this case it would seem to be more of a reader decision rather than a writer's goal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get publicity? How is making one of the main characters *** good publicity? I'm quite sure that many parents who've read the article will not allow their children to buy any new books. And as for something like "Homosexuals will buy this book now" well they already do. So i really don't see a plus side here rather than the writer just revealing the true nature of a character.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Albus Dumbledore being *** has little relevance to the story at hand, though it does give a little more depth to who he is, but nothing significant.

I find it really interesting as to how people are reacting to this. At least nobody here is reacting to this like those over at the IMDB forums. Those guys over there are acting as if their life is over or that their childhood has been robbed from them. Then you have those trying to convince themselves that it's nothing more than a publicity stunt, thus Dumbledore being *** is non-canon. It's really ridiculous but interesting at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom