DSL issues,

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, iw as super happy the overweight hairy man came to activate our dsl today, i woke up early on this day for this reason, (which is no small feat for a lazy ass such as myself)

i set it up, me and my brother had decided that the modem would be in his room, which is also where our 5 port hub is for small lan parties,

now with our old setup which was dialup i had the phone line goin straight to my computer and my lan cable to the hub to distribute the connection to the other computers, (56k split between 3 comps just dont cut it)

with the new one, we got the phone line goin to the dsl modem, and the lan cable (or whatever its called, the big fat telephone like cord)

going to the hub, now when we setup the modem we had it sent straight to my brothers computer with no hub inbetween, cuz it kept running into an error while installing it if we had it in the hub,

after we got it setup and workin an **** we attached the dsl modem to the hub and reconnected my brothers pc to the hub, now judging from my knowledge of computers this shouldve split the connection off to the other 2 pcs as well

but its only supplying dsl to my brothers pc, whihc is connected to the same hub mine and the other pc are on, ive ran the wizard on every possible setting and it still wont share the connection, technically his computer isnt the host now that its connected to the hub and not his computer so nothing he can do from his pc will help it,

we called tech support, and they said we needed a router not a hub to split it like that with some talk about it only supplying one ip address, yadd yadda yadda, so he sweet talked us into buying a wireless router and a speed upgrade,

teh new **** should be here in 2-3 days, but is there any temp fixes til then?, without buying more hardware?

possibly installing 2 network cards on one PC?, hooking the dsl up to one port and the other port going to the hub?,

(i have piles and piles of extra lan cards, my neighbor broke into radioshack and stole 2000 $ of computer ****, though they hauled him to jail they never cleaned out his house, (i was left to feed his dog, he wont miss them, for awhile)

im on my old dialup account at the moment, which ****ING SUCKS ONCE YOUVE USED DSL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom