DS Learns to Model

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nice nice! Awesome to see how you progress! But please.. dont do it fast. Its not bad but if you can make it better doing it a bit slower.. then why not? :p looking forward to it!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And so it begins...

Just a test texture for now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

As requested. I could have made the UV Map look better but for this model Eh.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/403/uls4.jpg

As requested. I could have made the UV Map look better but for this model Eh.
Hmm i see. This is working for one color, but if you're gonna add e.g checker or any other texture that has something on it, i think it would be really distorted (i guess you know that already)
Try to experiment with that, add a texture(like checker or any other that has some sort of shape and detail, not just color) to it , and see how it's gonna act.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does the hilt of the sword have a million polies? You can re-create that and have the same look with a shit ton less polies.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why does the hilt of the sword have a million polies? You can re-create that and have the same look with a shit ton less polies.
That's a good point. Probably he modeled a pretty high poly handle in first place and then applied somekind of smoothing modifier, that caused into unnecessary extra polies.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, I can do that. Worst part is the teacher said it should be like that. Was the only part I was disagreeing with but I left it like that due to it looking fine for now.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks fine, but it's also unnecessary and in the end would be easier to manage with lower polies, I would imagine. As an example, it looks like a mess with your current UV setup, imagine how much cleaner it would look with like 80% of the polies gone. I'm not sure if you're taking a class or if someone is teaching you, but either way you should try out the lower poly way and see which is better. It shouldn't take long to do, at least with the hilt.

As a side note, you should try your best to make the best UVW Map you can. It's good practice and I bet you'll end up being lazy on future projects if you don't start trying to make a good one now.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, the only reason I didn't mess with the UV Map was due to him wanting it done in an hour and such, so being new to it, I had to leave it like that. Though I am going to try and make it better. I am going to remodel the sword completely. The hilt and hand guard are horrible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I am learning to add bones and such to the model. Hoping to have this model rigged by tomorrow completely.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Fully boned. You guys have to be jealous. I was just boning batman.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you mean bipeds? I'm still new to all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom