Droid Infantry Replaces Military Next Year

Best answers
I watched the video on the site, and looks like it will take years for the robot to walk a few meters. I dont think this technology will ever hit the public.
Kind of impressive though, moving a robot with brainwaves i mean.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't exactly thinking of public distribution when I said droid infantry, but ok.

Think of it this way. Compare the Wright Brother's first airplane to the JSF F-35. Huge ****ing difference. All it takes is time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...and soon they will get own ai and work with own will, somebody will hack them and behold, a new war will appear: humans vs machines!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's always a failsafe and there will always be humans controlling the machines to some extent. We don't trust our creations, and after dozens of books about robots taking control of our society, I don't blame us.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea, no big AI conspiracy, things are created with a failsafe, always.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't exactly thinking of public distribution when I said droid infantry, but ok.

Think of it this way. Compare the Wright Brother's first airplane to the JSF F-35. Huge ****ing difference. All it takes is time.
And yet the concord black bird has been and still his the highest flying, fastest airplane on earth for the last 40 years :x woo woo

I want to control **** with my brain too :(

So by droid infantry you mean everyone one and their dog gets a robot right? Like i, robot?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're doomed... somebody call WILL SMITH!!!1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another theory: they will replace humans in war field, and war will be just like a game; everybody is in own bases controlling them, computers are assetted just like in lan parties, soldiers are fat and have pizza and coca cola in their table. Robots have cam's and are fast moving like Mech's so it's fast paced, human casualties probably more less than in wars this far. when somebody destroys somebody's else's robot, he/she SCREAMS like in lan parties: "GOT ONE" or "WOOHOO"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And yet the concord black bird has been and still his the highest flying, fastest airplane on earth for the last 40 years :x woo woo

I want to control **** with my brain too :(

So by droid infantry you mean everyone one and their dog gets a robot right? Like i, robot?
Concord Blackbird? Eh. Anyway, the SR-71 was developed specifically to be fast and has 0 combat capability. The F-35 is obviously designed with combat in mind. If you're moving as quickly as the Blackbird, you probably won't even be able to fire your weapons, or if you were, you'd probably fly into the bullets or missiles.

By droid infantry, I meant Robot replacing humans as "cannon fodder" in battle. Robots will never completely replace humans, regardless of how advanced they become. There are some jobs that only a human can do right.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The term "meat-shield" will become a thing of the past.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched the video on the site, and looks like it will take years for the robot to walk a few meters. I dont think this technology will ever hit the public.
Kind of impressive though, moving a robot with brainwaves i mean.
And well, like they said, it's a proof of concept demonstration showing that the technology is feasible.

Best answers

I was thinking about this when i said public distribution:
"This is really a proof-of-concept demonstration," said Rajesh Rao, a researcher from the University of Washington who leads the project. "It suggests that one day we might be able to use semi-autonomous robots for such jobs as helping disabled people or performing routine tasks in a person's home."
And like said they've only showed that such things as reading brainwaves is possible. I just think theyll end up using the technology on something else than walking robots. Thats all i meant

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another theory: they will replace humans in war field, and war will be just like a game; everybody is in own bases controlling them, computers are assetted just like in lan parties, soldiers are fat and have pizza and coca cola in their table. Robots have cam's and are fast moving like Mech's so it's fast paced, human casualties probably more less than in wars this far. when somebody destroys somebody's else's robot, he/she SCREAMS like in lan parties: "GOT ONE" or "WOOHOO"
and by the time we reach the 2230 year all the robots with have similar abilites to esf and we will still be alive because the humans have discovered a way to live eternaly and we will al join forces and the esf comunity would take over the world

LONG LIVE ESF!!!

Best answers
That would realy be a bad thing, me thinks.

Only right way to wage war is like they did in the medieval times, or better yet, mortal kombat stile (not a representitive but a country gets together and goes and beats the other one up, or gets beaten up).

:) Yeah that would be great :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree, lionheart. Immortality would turn the human race into complacent idiots unworthy of the classification as human and society would slowly start to stagnate as a result of it.

That, and I don't want warrior droids all over the place. They should be turned off during peace time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At some point, we all long for death. It's a natural process. After thousands of years, there would be no surprises, nothing new. We'd be bored with life. Whats the point in living if you're just going to do the same thing everyday? If you're not going to learn anything new or mind-blowing?

So while I'd like immortality for myself and several others, I wouldn't want society to endure something that has the potential to be the most horrible disease ever to befall man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom