Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;vKm0s2xi3YU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKm0s2xi3YU[/video]

o_o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about it? I mean its a sad video because people actually do drive like dumbasses and kill people like that.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a kid I was always afraid of driving. I'm talking about age of 5-6. I was always afraid of dying in a car accident, so cars scared the crap out of me.
Not that I ever saw something as horrifying as this video shows. I just knew what common sense was and had a high value for life at a very early age. I knew how dangerous driving can be.

I'm 21 years old now, and only got my license 2 years ago because of that. I could have gotten a license 4 years ago, but the reasons I posted above prevented me from doing so.
Every time get into my car, start the engine and hit the road, I'm literally scared ****less. I never sped over the limits, never ignored the laws of the road and always kept focus and concentration.

Even though I only have a license for a short time, and my driving is pretty decent, that feeling will probably stay with me forever. Being on the road just freaks me out regardless of who's in the driver's seat.
Cause ultimately, you can be the best driver in the world, but it's enough that one little person would make a mistake on the highway, and it's all over.

That video was too long, but I watched all of it.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a kid I was always afraid of driving. I'm talking about age of 5-6. I was always afraid of dying in a car accident, so cars scared the crap out of me.
Not that I ever saw something as horrifying as this video shows. I just knew what common sense was and had a high value for life at a very early age. I knew how dangerous driving can be.

I'm 21 years old now, and only got my license 2 years ago because of that. I could have gotten a license 4 years ago, but the reasons I posted above prevented me from doing so.
Every time get into my car, start the engine and hit the road, I'm literally scared ****less. I never sped over the limits, never ignored the laws of the road and always kept focus and concentration.

Even though I only have a license for a short time, and my driving is pretty decent, that feeling will probably stay with me forever. Being on the road just freaks me out regardless of who's in the driver's seat.
Cause ultimately, you can be the best driver in the world, but it's enough that one little person would make a mistake on the highway, and it's all over.

Fear in traffic, however, isn't really a good thing. And it may actually lead to dangerous situations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

If you have that mindset everytime your on the road, thats not a very good way to drive. You want to be driving confident, not arrogant, but confident. If your afraid and edgy about others on the road, you can freak yourself out from little things that wouldnt effect you and probably mess you up on the road and end up wrecking. It also prevents you from getting in collisions.

I've dodged about maybe 3 big wrecks before because I kept my cool and "dodged" them. If you are scared all you'll do is lock up in that situation.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly, I can't rely on busses/cabs, and I can't rely on other people to drive me places. I can't walk the distances I'm required to for the rest of my life, so I'm just going to have to deal with it.
I've been on the road for two years, and only once had a terrifying incident. A cab driver turned left where he was not allowed to, and I noticed it and quickly pulled the breaks. It was a matter of seconds, but I managed to. (bastard ended up yelling at me...)

Point being, I agree with you to an extent. I much rather be afraid, than be any of these guys shown on the videos, playing reckless games that costs many lives every day.

I don't freeze, I don't panic. I am terrified, but it just sharpens me more.
Don't forget, every person is different. My fear doesn't paralyze me. It keeps me aware and focused.

Best answers
driving fearless is driving reckless!

Like raventrunks said drive confident, but not too confident..

Few years ago I almost had a horrible accident aswell, I was driving behind a friend we were both driving 'bout 140km/h
and it was raining pretty bad but what I didn't know was that my friend his windshield wiper wasn't working well
So we were on the left side of the highway traffic lane and suddenly he hits the brakes and when I noticed I hitted the break but
it had no affect what so ever i Kept going on the same speed he suddenly went to the right lane and i was still pushing my brakes and then I saw construction poles like this
blocking my lane, in a fraction of a second I realized I'd never stop on time, so then the reflex kicked in I looked to the right and I saw little space between my friends car and another one, I swear to god till this day I don't understand how I managed to get between those two cars, and before I could celebrate the survival suddenly I see my friend pushed the brakes again at 100km/h with all my powers in my right legg i pushed the brakes and luckily I didn't hit him and the one behind me luckily he didn't hit me, it was very close every inch counted if I had a bigger car it would've ended differently..
we were with 8 people 4 in the first 4 in the second..

We immidiatly stopped at the first gasstation and I said WTF was that all about, did'nt you see the poles??
His answer: I saw them right on time, I didn't wanna use my windshield wiper or it would've scratched my window..

At the moment I was thinking hm.. scratch the windows.. 8peoples lives or more.. -_- What an idiot..

Since that day I never follow anyone who exceeds the limit above 120km/h
When I got my commen sense back I realized I was the bigger idiot for following an idiot :)

Hope this helps realizing for those who are just starting to drive a car and have to follow someone, drive on your own speed, or you'd only bring you and the passangers in danger..

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's so much nuance in what makes someone a good driver and what doesn't.

Personally, I think a healthy balance between fear and confidence is key. You have to be aware of could go wrong, but not in the degree that you lock up when something unexpected happens. It's cliché, but my driving instructor always told me to expect the unexpected. And that's good advice.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't hurt to have the sense to see your surroundings from more than one angle... and analyze every detail meticuously.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you could just scan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't hurt to have the sense to see your surroundings from more than one angle... and analyze every detail meticuously.
You mean like having a few... mirrors?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
@boogyman93

Exactly what part did you find funny?
You do know those are not all fake accidents, people actually died in those crashes..
Did I say I thought it was fake? I find it funny when people die because of their stupidity.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did I say I thought it was fake? I find it funny when people die because of their stupidity.
So you find death funny in general.

Man, out of my 8 years being here, I think you've managed to become one of the most ****ed up people here. No offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom