Dreaming without sleeping?

Best answers
Sometimes when I lay down to just close my eyes i'm able to see random images. I suspect since I do this when i'm semi-tired my brain thinks i'm asleep already and lets loose the images. Maybe has to do with Hypnagogia.
Keep in mind this dosen't always happend. Just when i'm relaxed/semitired.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic_hallucination

Not sure what it really is, but it is fun to be one with the universe. Just odd and all seeing random images float past my eyes and be able to open them to have em disapear. Almost like my eyelids had little LCD screens in them...(writes down idea). Thou I have been able to use some precognition by having a song play in my head before the radio plays it or remembering a old TV show episode before it comes on alittle later in the day.

:devgrin:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i get that when i'm half awake in the morning ;p, its a sort of geting high without drugs lol, but its prety fun, sometimes i can actualy manipulate those kind of dreams.

Best answers
Yeah, people often get those in the morning. After dreaming that i'm doing some kind of thing that i want to finish and waking up without finishing it, i want to go back and do it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i get that when i'm half awake in the morning ;p, its a sort of geting high without drugs lol, but its prety fun, sometimes i can actualy manipulate those kind of dreams.
Mostly I can do that when I'm aware of that I'm dreaming. Which is rare, as mostly you are not aware of when you are dreaming.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of the ones I remember make sense. I only remember the ones that wake me up.

Best answers
Well its not like i'm inside a dream. More along the lines of : if I close my eyes random images apear where darkness should be when I close em. Imagine 500 video files playing on your desktop at once in little windows. One coming toward you after another, long enough to see it for a second before the new one overlaps it. My frontal brain area dose tingle alittle when i'm relaxed.

Maybe i'm crazy or maybe its some kinda scrambled astroplane channels leaking into my brain.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure its anything more than just an active imagination. Does any body really just see dark when they close their eyes? I usually see patterns, memories, or whatever the hell I want. I usually have to focus on not seeing anything to actually not see anything.

Now a lack of sleep makes this worse, I usually get audio hallucinations and in extreme cases of sleeplessness, some visual ones as well.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm not sure its anything more than just an active imagination. Does any body really just see dark when they close their eyes? I usually see patterns, memories, or whatever the hell I want. I usually have to focus on not seeing anything to actually not see anything.

Now a lack of sleep makes this worse, I usually get audio hallucinations and in extreme cases of sleeplessness, some visual ones as well.
If I just close my eyes, like right now, and don't do anything I see a mixture of black and red. If I cover my eyes with my hands then it goes black.

However, when I lay down to go to sleep, generally a random "story" goes through my mind. Kinda like a movie that I play it. That's when I have to try not to think of anything to see black.

For example last night when I laid down to sleep, I was imagining myself stranded on an island and I was trying to survive. There were 3 other people with me. I'm not sure where my stories that randomly pop into my head stem from, but it's kinda nice because it helps pass the time between my being awake to when I drift into sleep. Which usually takes around 30 to 45 minutes.

Best answers
Glad to see i'm not as crazy as I think. Guess its some kinda built-in screen saver while your mind gets ready for sleep. Thou I still believe meditation is some where between awake and sleep. Except most people can't make their mind blank to tune in. Hell I know I can hardly blank my mind after 2 hours of gaming and listening to some soil.

Eitherway do you guys ever feel your forehead stimulated? Get your third eye opened?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well its not like i'm inside a dream. More along the lines of : if I close my eyes random images apear where darkness should be when I close em. Imagine 500 video files playing on your desktop at once in little windows. One coming toward you after another, long enough to see it for a second before the new one overlaps it. My frontal brain area dose tingle alittle when i'm relaxed.

Maybe i'm crazy or maybe its some kinda scrambled astroplane channels leaking into my brain.
sound like a LSD trip :p

uhm, that third eye busines, i dont belive in it :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom