Drawing Competition - Restore Rome | 11/22/05 - 12/20/05

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was watching a video today in History... It was a video about how Rome would have looked like back in the day when it was a sprawling empire. Take the image provided and sketch how you think the city would have looked. The Picture, as you noticed, is in ruins... so, re-create the picture to as how it would have looked back in the 2nd century AD.

I figured, for all the non-modelers out there... that this would be a fun place for them to draw and show off their artistic talent. Just like in the modeling competition thread; whomever is voted first place gets to choose the next competition.

Guidelines-
-You should make it look semi-realistic if you can... I mean; don't make it cartoonish.
-Has to be colored
-Show your progress and an in-photoshop screenshot of your layers :)
-NO TRACE OVERS! This is your own work, and this should be about 580 x 740 (Big)
-This is supposed to show how Rome was back in the day... so of course, you should include Roman civilians bustling around.

Picture-

Best answers
So this competition is a picture from scratch and not a photoedit?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayna said:
So this competition is a picture from scratch and not a photoedit?
Right. If It was a photoedit, I would have made the competition time much shorter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_> maybe you could get something easier?
cuz i gues nobody here will beat his lazyness and make freakn details to a pic.... cmon and give us a rome building <_< ... ya may know what building i mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
<_> maybe you could get something easier?
cuz i gues nobody here will beat his lazyness and make freakn details to a pic.... cmon and give us a rome building <_< ... ya may know what building i mean.
no, im not giving you the colosseum. Sorry :/ This is meant to be a long term project. Join in if you want to. I've already done alot of the lineart... it's not that hard

Best answers
Growler said:
no, im not giving you the colosseum. Sorry :/ This is meant to be a long term project. Join in if you want to. I've already done alot of the lineart... it's not that hard
So you cheated and started before everyone else, huh? xD
Anyway, I might give this competition a go, if I'm not too lazy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like Raistlin said, either the people are too big or the buildings are too small.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so you just have to create a piece like of it? >_<"

or ur adding stuff to it?

Bolteh2

B
I'm willing to take part in this, if more people would enter -_- Isn't really a competition when it's only me and growler going for it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom