Dragonquest VIII

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw a thread on it couple weeks ago, but that was before christmas and everyone bought it XD, plus the thread was basically dead.

Anyway, I got this on Christmas eve and let it lay around on my desk. Today at around noon, I popped it in. All I must say, is wow. Its really good. Voices are great, storyline is great, models are great. Everything is very smooth. There is a lot of customization too. The FFXII demo was great too, new FF fighting system is different, yet still fun. Its more of a FFXI system meets X-2.

Anyway, back to dragonquest. I just got Jessica not to long ago, and magic is pretty cool. Howd all of you customize ure chars? "Hero" is a sword/courage skill. Yangus is a Axe/Humanity skill. And im still wondering on Jessica. She will most likely be Staff/Sex appeal. Didnt get Angelo yet, but he will most likely be a Bow/Charisma.

It really is a great game. The charecter's look really makes it seem like an anime. Akira did a great job.

Fighting is a basic turnbased, but it seems better for some reason.. I just love it.

9.5/10 for me.

-.5 just because im not very far and it could get bad all of a sudden. Nothing is stopping it from being a 10 from me.

I dont like the fact "hero" never talks, and everyone else does.. Minor flaw.

I recomend it so far.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind it when main characters don't talk--it keeps the feeling of 'you' being the main character. A lot of games have done it--Chronotrigger, Legend of Legaia, Zelda, Mario(Mario RPG, among others) to name a few.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I put in 110 hours on it and still doing the dragovian trials which you get to unlock once you beat the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom