DragonModZ

Best answers
Hamps here, from ancient DMZ days, like 1999 connecting to the internet with a ****ing screeching modem days. I was just nostalgia bombing and remembered this site. I can't believe it's still up at all, let alone still successful and popular. I remember the heated rivalry between the two communities. A good handful of people from DMZ are still taking refuge at Linda's website. Looks like DMZ lost badly, haha.

Anyways, this and DMZ were the places to be for art and sigs and stuff, for whatever reason the community was great for that sort of thing. Everyone learned a lot back then trying to one up each other, even though the community was tiny compared to now. Here's some old sigs. Some are super old, some not so much

OLD SIG DUMP

Haha, that overused dotted line thing was like my trademark or something, back then the "tech" style was cool and you put random numbers and crap in your sigs and wallpapers. I dunno I was like 13 or something. I'm 23 now... and I'm watching DragonballZ still, except in Kai form. Some things never change.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Still alive, still kicking, and still a lot of us oldies around ;P Though a number of us are now admins/team/testers :p

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea...basically anyone that stuck around long enough :p. Somehow I went from making crappy sigs to being on the ESF team making player models.

DMZ was awful, lol...but it was awesome back when ESF had a mod to be kinda competitive with, it was more fun that way.

I know one thing that hasn't change though...Karrde's damn sig...

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though the comunity may have been smaller the action in certain sections like art, maps, models and some others was way bigger.

Hardly any artists left here theese days :(

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
OH MY GOD, HAMPSTER.

*Hampster stamp of Approval*

It's Chaos!

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That can't be the best screenshot of DMZ you have. :(

WB

Best answers
Wow, that Kenshin sig. I didn't really knew who you were until I saw it. Man I wish I still had all of my old signatures around, don't know what happened to them.

But yeah, once ESF Beta 1.0 hit, it was like crack for me. DMZ was nowhere in sight.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the real question in all of this is, why is it that all the oldies who haven't been around in a while come out all at once in a single week :p

Best answers
Haha wow what's up Chaos! Wasn't it you who like really loved that Advent Children sig?
And I definitely remember you Optional. This is nuts man... I even remember those names in the screenshots

I think the real question in all of this is, why is it that all the oldies who haven't been around in a while come out all at once in a single week :p
hahaha yeah wtf

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
DMZ is great in my opinion, regardless of being .. well, "old". But even in their latest version there are so many crash bugs, it's unreal.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I assume a lot of people are just lurking now.

DMZ had the best beam attack sounds... they were so cheesy/goofy. :fight:

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers

I like how those trees grow on bed rock. And especially how he's running the game in Software mod :|

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
dragonmodZ was made of win back in the days, fun times indeed! can remember spending ages trying to find out how to do the super kamehameha! shame i only joined the team at the last minute before it went silent :<

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Its cause we're all stalking you. :fight:

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hamps, I pretty much loved all your sigs, man. I remember Prowler and Nessaja, and you, and Vendetta (JnH).. DMZ is how I got into art, and I'll never forget you guys.

How about these names?

Lid, Prowler, Nessaja, Reactor, Vendetta, Optional, Jc, Akira, Onimoto, Some*sshole, Knuckles, Cldmani, Aqua-X, Ryoko, Kama, Docjay, Skorpion (Barney around here :O)

:D

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Lids account was "Purged" Sky thought he was a 1 post noob thanks to his post count of 0.

He was so proud of that to.

@Origin: Heh i actually remember 6 of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom