Dragonballs

Best answers
I just came up with this...

How abt when a player gets a dragonball, he holds it in his hand. U can see it on the screen. And if some1 hits him with a beam or engages him in a combat the player drops the dragonball which rolls off to some distance on the ground. Also a player can throw the dragonball to his team mate making it difficult for the opponents to get the dragonball. And suppose I throw the dragonball to my team mate and just when he's abt to catch one of the opponents kick him away and grab the ball, now won't that be cool?? Make sure the throws are slow enuf to be seen not like the way players throw potara in esf 1.2.3 (ecx).

Optional - A player speed cud decrease slighlty if he was holdin the earth dragonball and more if he was holding the namek balls as they are bigger.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you ever try playing CTDB in ESF 1.2.3? or even in ESF 1.1?

All you suggested was in before 1.3 was even started. Besides no longer will all players be able to hold dragonballs. There will be a collector whos role will be to capture the balls and the rest of the team has to protect him from the enemy team and try to kill the enemy collector.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A collector? Nonsense. It's not logical to not allow any player to grab the Dragon Ball.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A collector? Nonsense. It's not logical to not allow any player to grab the Dragon Ball.
With the way players can move in ESF that would be bad for gameplay. Remember CTDB was never intended as an "I wanna wish" type of game. It was intended as a CTDB style game. And with the way people can move in ESF that would result as an impossible scenario. The collector fixes taht problem ^^

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Did you ever try playing CTDB in ESF 1.2.3? or even in ESF 1.1?

All you suggested was in before 1.3 was even started. Besides no longer will all players be able to hold dragonballs. There will be a collector whos role will be to capture the balls and the rest of the team has to protect him from the enemy team and try to kill the enemy collector.
The new CTDB Mode sounds cool ^^

Best answers
I disagree. Allowing only one player to collect the balls would make it monotonous for that guy. It should be free for all. Also it would make esf more free which I have been trying to emphasize the day I've joined.

And I have played the CTDB in esf 1.2.3. U don't see players holding the ball in their hand. Its just in ur inventory. And if u throw the ball, it moves so fast as if its a bullet. U shud be able to toss the ball lyk volleyball.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about if the collector changes per round(or something similar)?

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
yeah, like in CS:S The Terrorist has the C4 Bomb. ;)
but seeing the D-Ball in the hand of the player model would be good... and make the throwing speed a bit slower

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again the dragonball apears in his hand if you are using CTDB. None of that ECX stuff. And the throwing speed is quite normall. Mouse 1 = throw and you can perfectly see it and mouse 2 = put down.

Oh and for the record.

CTDB is not a 1 man game. Its a TEAM based gamemode as it was originally intended. The point is that 1 TEAM collects the dragonballs. Only there is 1 collector per TEAM. And when they have the balls collected the TEAM votes for what wish they want. And that wish is spread across the whole TEAM.

Honestly is it really so hard to grasp. The whole point of CTDB ever since it was put in was that the first TEAM to make a certain number of wishes wins. None of that "My turn to make a wish" stuff that EVM and ECX implanted.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I would say the first person to touch the DB becomes the collector, if the collector dies, the next person who touches the ball becomes the next collector. Suicides would reset the ball, preventing throwing across the map killing themselves and having someone else get the ball to throw it further and suicide.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just made a topic about Powerlevel-Commands.

But why not (if possible and cheap in time) make a command for it?
sv_collector 1 - 1 Collector who can hold dragon balls.
sv_collector 0 - There are no Collector(s) everyone can hold dragon balls.

More commands means that they can change their servers to their likings.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats so bad about a collector? As someone posted, its a rotating role like having the bomb in CS.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The no collector thing was tried allready. Big faliure and totally impossible to make a single wish. Mainly because the players move to fast round the place. Its to easy to just swoop by and collect the ball and then get the hell out. The point of the collector is that hes a third character thats not in the player list. He gets a Dende/Babidi or what ever we come up with model and is weaker than the usuall players. Hence why the rest of his team needs to protect him as he is vital to wining the round.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I got the point now. I assume what you say is true "Moving at high speed".
Having no collector would make the game at a endless state.

And with the currently version 1.2.3 It is messy indeed when there are 10 players all hunting for the balls.
And when they have them they ascend like mad to blow the others away to be the first.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom