Best answers
In the Dragonball Z Sagas game transformations are easy to earn but difficult to maintain. I think that'd fit well with esf.

Transformations are dependent upon a transformation bar. While in normal form this bar is filled by using melee attacks. The more damage that the melee attack does the more it adds to the bar. When the bar is full you can transform but while transformed there is a constant drain on the bar. As when in normal form doing melee attacks fills the bar but the rate that it drains makes it somewhat difficult to maintain the transformation indefinitely.

For subsequent transformations such as super saiyan 2 things work in a similar but different way. When you go super saiyan your transformation bar's maximum capacity doubles and you need to completely fill it in order to transform. So in order to go ssj2 you need to fill the bar faster than it is being drained by being a super saiyan. Perhaps the rate of drain could increase now that you're in your second transformation to make it harder to earn the third.

Now that you're in your second transformation the transform bar's maximum capacity would again double and need to be completely filled in order to transform to the third form.

When the bar is fully depleted you drop to normal form.

There would be a variety of benefits using this system.
-Greatly limits super saiyan beam spam because beams wouldn't fill the transform bar as much as melee
-People that just joined the server won't be at a major disadvantage because fewer people will be transformed on the server
-The cf bar would actually do something and not just be a visual aid
-Transformations would be unattainable by server adjusting your power level closer to average

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well your suggestion is sound however the esf team are not copying things from psp ps2 and ps3 games

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The suggestion is pretty good actually, but AFAIK team already has its own decision on it - higher Ki drain while transformed.

Best answers
Erm, no.

I think is an awful idea. Transformations would be unbalanced.
Everybody would choose Frieza, Cell or Buu becaus ethey have perma trans, which are even stronger.

And is too dificult to fill a bar which is draining every time. Keep in mind the maps are now bigger, and that is boring.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great constructive post Syed!

But I have to agree, this suggestion wouldn't work. Just leave it as it is, don't fix what is not broken.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One problem I have with this suggestion is that if a player plays hit and run with a transformed opponent, they'll never get a chance to transform. It's one of those ideas that seem great at first glance but complicate things and have weird loopholes.

The team have this pretty much sorted though, don't worry.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aside from the fact that ESF is not the same style game as any other DBZ comercial game out there. ESF is not a fighter and its not a beat'em up.

So suggestions from there wont work to well on ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My problem is that this suggestion is inspired by one of the worst, most broken games I've ever played, period, nothing more to be said for worse Dragonball game, aside maybe from Taiketsu. Let's not forget that the full title of the game in question was "Dragonball Z Sagas: Evolution". Now people, do we REALLY need a reminder of how legendarily bad it's been in the past, to combine the word "Dragonball" with "Evolution"? -_-

Aside from that, it's really not conducive to a simple and streamlined combat system. It's too distracting. You have to land hits to maintain a depleting bar. It's like a mini-game within a game, you're so aware that your transformation is going to go that you're not even really trying to fight, you're not really having FUN, so what's the point of it? Nobody wants to attain Super Saiyan only to realize it's just a glorified version of the Budokai 3 hyper-mode with landed hits keeping you in it. At the end of the day, pick up and play simplicity is what ensures that players can be so free in the game that they can establish their own style and get fancy with the moves.

Look at Left 4 Dead, that's one of the best executed examples of simplicity I know. You move one-speed, control to crouch, classic jump crouch to get on waist-high stuff, scroll through for everything with the mouse-wheel, left click always uses whatever's in your hand, right click melees zombies away from you or off of team-mates. E button activates anything and also rescues downed players. It's simple, it's intuitive, the controls and concepts stay out of your way so rather than fumbling about trying to merely EXECUTE them, your learn where and when it's BEST to execute them.

Simply put, if you have to consciously consider a bar on your HUD more than once and have to momentarily forgot whats happening BEYOND the HUD, then all it does is interfere.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I would like to see maybe one full length transformation and the rest be a quick transformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom