Dragonball Z-Japanese Audio or English Audio

Which audio edit do you prefer in Dragonball Z?

• English voices, English sound track

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • English voices, Japanese sound track

• Japanese voices, Japanese sound track

• Japanese voices, English sound track

• Other language

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are some people that prefer to listen/hear the Japanese music/ dialouge and some that prefer the English...And some prefer one of the other languages. Just wanted to see who prefered which...

I prefer both english music and voices. Now it's probably going to be because I heard the english versions first, but there are other reasons why I prefer it.

Unlike Naruto, where the voices sound like normal people, Dragonball Z's male characters have nassaly, whiny voices, mainly for the Goku family. And Krillin sounds like a kid.. When the characters have to scream at their toop of their lungs, the japanese version to me sounds like a baby crying. I'll admit that the japanese lines sometimes were placed better than the dub.

The music, even though the japanese music is pretty good, I prefer the dubbed music. The original music makes the show sound old, and played jumpy, more positive music in some of the bigger battles. Bruce Falconer's had a better sound to it, but was playing in the background practically the whole time, which is a bit unecessary.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
English audio. I usually prefer japanese audio, but dbz sounds better to me in english. I mean, whos voice is better than Goku's when hes charging and firing the warp kamehameha at cell? Nobodies.

Best answers
Spanish sound ftw! since i saw it in spanish to me the voices in english and japanese are too high and squeaky. the soundtrack for japanese and spanish is a tie :) the intro for the english version is just dragonball repeated over and over again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Besides Evangelion, DBZ the only anime where I can sit through the english dub and not cringe a single time. Everybody's voices are pretty much perfect in my eyes, so my vote goes for the english version.

Best answers
i voted for eng songs and language but japanese sounds and eng music rulez too
(Bruce Falcouner RulzZzZzZZZ) :p :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
English and English. The Japanese music is good but Faulconer is better. It's a shame they didn't use him for the movies or GT too.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I don't think Falconer's music is bad, or that DBZ was dubbed horrendously, I just think that "Americanization" is a bad thing. When something is worth taking over to the US, don't you think it should be left as close to the author's true vision as possible?

Much of the impact of movies like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero.. and basically any foreign movie would be lost if their soundtracks were changed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Japanese music and voices.

I'm hardcore like that.

Best answers
DBZ in japanese just sounds plain ridiculous. Everyone sounds like either a chipmunk or satan. English FTW!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer the American version. Americans pioneer the forefronts of modern entertainment. The Japanese needlessly fill their anime with illogical swearing and sex that just takes away from the real theme of the anime itself--in Dragon Ball Z's case, the fighting.

Plus, I'm sorry, it's just foolish to tell me that the most powerful man in the universe, who can detonate entire planets with a barely charged generic beam, would scream like an old lady.

Best answers
I like the english voice and music a little better than japanese because i can understand it without subtitles(kinda weird reason)

Best answers
I said the English voices and English sound track, to me, the Japanese voices seem a little weird, and about the sound track, the Japanese sound track is too slow paced and such for an action show, in my opinion. So I like both of the English choices better.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't stand dubbed anime. Except for DBZ =] And I prefer Bruce Faulconer as well.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
man, the japanese voice sounds authentic, and akira toriyama said that he thought goku's voice sounded just how he imagined goku. There's nothing nasal about the japanese voices, they may be high pitched, but that doesnt mean he's a girl, personally i think it reflects his character. Also the screaming in the japanese one is awesome, they actually sound like its a battle for their lives, and it just gives that authenticity, which in the english dub it really lost, there's no point in the american version where the "hyah!" "ha! huh! ha! huh!" etc, actually contributed to the scene, imo it just sounded rediculous.

Japanese all the way.

Best answers
Normally I like to watch things in they're original language, subbed if I can't speak the language itself. But in the case of DBZ I prefer english voices, because the japanese ones are squeaky and I can't stand them. I've had little patience to watch DBZ in japanese so I pretty much forgot what the music was like, voted english sound track as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Usually if I hear the Japanese voices first I will perfer the Japanese voices, DBZ is the only case (so far) where this is untrue for me.

I prefer the English voices/Japanese soundtrack.

Best answers
Why does everybody love the Japanese sound track? To me, the English one is fast paced and cool sounding, the Japanese one, is slow paced and boring, it may be a good sound track to some of you, but it just doesn't fit in well with an action show, in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The English sound track (Faulconer) is great sometimes, in fact for me the character themes rank as some of the best i've heard in anime. It's also great for action scenes, but a lot of his songs sound samey and occasionally boring or bland.

The japanese ones don't seem to fit with the action too well, but for other parts they're more emotive and atmospheric. Plus they're very catchy.

C0uNtZ3R0

C
my vote goes to japonize voices and english ost.whay? because the japonise music in kinda lame. in the english version of dbz the music its more ritmic. and in the dbz movies, the music is perfect{in lord slug and return of cooler}.
but i have the japonize version {original dvds} and the english version...i like them bouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom