Dragonball Z Is Back July 3rd 2007

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of us were children then. But some were under 11 years old.

sgsgsgsg
Anything targeted at children is going to get a ****load of viewers. That explains why the crap they showed with Tom as host did better than Moltar's Toonami, which was aimed at teenagers and young adults and came on once a week relatively late at night.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything targeted at children is going to get a ****load of viewers. That explains why the crap they showed with Tom as host did better than Moltar's Toonami, which was aimed at teenagers and young adults and came on once a week relatively late at night.
I think you missed my point. I was referring to your previous post, where you mentioned Tom's Toonami was targetted for children, and therefore received more viewers. If you're as old as you say you are now, then you were eleven years old when Moltar was around, bro.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I miss tenchi being on Cartoon Network. It was on toonami, then had a short run on adult swim, then it became lost to the masses.

Toonami introduced me to tenchi and it quickly became one of my favorite animes of all time. KAGATO FTW!

Good times...I miss those days. I really really do.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you missed my point. I was referring to your previous post, where you mentioned Tom's Toonami was targetted for children, and therefore received more viewers. If you're as old as you say you are now, then you were eleven years old when Moltar was around, bro.
Which means I was in the minority when watching Moltar's Toonami. When something is specifically targetted at someone, that target audience is going to know about it, and in all likelihood going to check it out. I, on the other hand, happened upon Toonami by accident one night. Does that mean millions of 11 year olds were watching Toonami at that moment? Absolutely not. It just means I stumbled upon something that I had no intention of finding.

Again, what is your point?

Mog

Best answers
As people have already said, that lineup is prehistoric...
Also, what's "Ronin Warriors"? I've never seen it on any channels available in the UK.

UK TV anime sucks so bad at the moment... none of those animes air anymore.
Sailor Moon ftw! :smile:
I miss all of those animes. (except Batman, which is probably still on because it's crap...)

Oh well, atleast Naruto has FINALLY reached our shores (end of last year)... and we now have one or two Naruto video games too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As people have already said, that lineup is prehistoric...
Also, what's "Ronin Warriors"? I've never seen it on any channels available in the UK.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronin_Warriors

Ancient anime about Samurais in huge armor, and otherwordly battle powers. It was a great show. I loved it. KENTO FTW.

Oh well, atleast Naruto has FINALLY reached our shores (end of last year)... and we now have one or two Naruto video games too.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=69745

I miss all of those animes. (except Batman, which is probably still on because it's crap...)
You're crap. Never diss Batman.

Mog

Best answers

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=69745
Err, what does that thread link have to do with Sailor Moon, or UK TV anime coverage being lame, or Naruto finally reaching the UK??

And I'll re-phrase what I said about batman:
"Batman is probably still on because (I think) it's crap... but that's just my opinion.
It probably is an amazing show that is exciting, or funny, or whatever it's supposed to be; but I must have just missed all the good episodes that weren't just incredibly borring..." :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay. The previous Toonami series that were aired are not returning. Dragon Ball is returning because it created an extraordinary public hype & made over 75 million dollars in the United States, and possibly half that amount in other countries over the world. In Japan, however, it's probably made over 300 million and the dollar amount is still rising. I don't think the other shows had as great of an impact.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look at the date

2000-06-21 :tired:

I dont think that dbz will ever come to Tv again.
Dude I remember that line up!

It was G Gundam and Batman Beyond not Gundam Wing and Batman : TAS.

Best answers
Hehe... I guess that explains why I remember the lineup so well. Old news is old. I can't believe that was almost nine years ago though. Makes me feel a little old :\

DBZ was airing in the time Moltar was hosting in the late 90s. They repeated the Saiyan saga for a couple years until people got interested and it caught on in the U.S. After that Funi started to make the rest of the series.

Tom sucked. He really ***ed up Toonami. Moltar ftw

*EDIT* Check out this old commercial I found during a google search. I actually remember the commercial being played. Woo nostalgia.
http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/3182/

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.mx/toonami/tools/img/index_flash.jpg

the original toonami robot ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom