Dragonball/Z/GT/Movie Timeline...

Best answers
Hey all,

So I've been playing ESF for like a day or two now, so I'm REALLY clued up! (Yeah right!) Just wanted to thank everyone who has participated for putting together such and awesome mod for such an old game!

Anyway, I've just gotten my hands on every episode of Dragonball/Z/GT and all the movies, but I wondered where the movies fit in to the storyline? I know the sequence of the Shows themselves, but no idea when the movies are set.

Dragonball
Dragon Ball saga
Muscle Tower saga
Emperor Pilaf saga
Mersonarie Toe Pai Pai saga
Tenkaichi Budoukai(24th)
Piccalo saga(25th&26th Tenkaichi's Budoukai's)

Dragonball Z
-Saiyan Conflict
-Namek Saga
-Frieza Saga
-Black Water Mist saga/ Garlic Jr. saga
-Android saga
-Imperfect Cell saga
-Perfect Cell saga
-Cell Games
-Heaven's Tournament
-Tenkaichi Budoukai(27th)
-Majin Boo/Buu saga
-Fusion Saga
-Kid Boo/Buu saga or Regression saga
-Last Tenkaichi Budoukai(28th)

DragonBall GT
Chibi Goku saga/ baby saga
Bebi saga
Super 17 saga
Evil Shenlong saga

There's 13 movies to fit in there somewhere! Any help would be great!

Thanks guys!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Many on our forum believe that the movies are, in general, not really connected to the show storyline, and as such, should be seen as seperate.

As you've probably noticed, things happen in the movies that cannot readily be explained through the show's story, so most of us would say that the movies fit in the show's storyline at all.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only movies that fit in there are.
The dead zone betwean DB and DBZ
Bojack unbound After Cell saga befor Saianman saga
Super dragon fist explosion after DBZ befor DBGT
Bio Brolly after DBZ befor DBGT
Oh and DBGT 100 years later. The story of Goku Jr. fits after the end of DBGT.

But thats all.

Best answers
There ar like 23 movies not 13, and like Rommyu said, the movies ar not connected to the series.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Many on our forum believe that the movies are, in general, not really connected to the show storyline, and as such, should be seen as seperate.

As you've probably noticed, things happen in the movies that cannot readily be explained through the show's story, so most of us would say that the movies fit in the show's storyline at all.
I'll have to disagree there =o I recently watched Fusion Reborn (movie 12) and Goku said to Janemba after transforming into a Super Saiyan 3:"You should be proud of yourself, onlu Majin Buu has pushed me this far in battle before"
That proves that this movie went pass episode 230 (at least I think it was 230 lol)
But what I dont get is that in that movie Buu wasnt destroyed, yet he wasnt there =x lol weird stuff, I guess it does have some connection issues XD

*Another thing that proves that it was kind of in the middle of the Buu saga is that when Goku went Super Saiyan 3 it took him a while, (as stated in the dub he transformed before) but in the episodes when he fought Kid Buu he could already transform faster then before.

Best answers
Grega said:
The only movies that fit in there are.
The dead zone betwean DB and DBZ
Bojack unbound After Cell saga befor Saianman saga
Super dragon fist explosion after DBZ befor DBGT
Bio Brolly after DBZ befor DBGT
Oh and DBGT 100 years later. The story of Goku Jr. fits after the end of DBGT.

But thats all.
dont forget Brolly during DBZ area he would of found goku eventuly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The brolly movie? Nah it doesn't come into the storyline at all, because look at Gohan, he looks like gohan from Cell saga, before Goku dies against cell, BUT he was permanent Super Saiyen, remember? AND Trunks was all grown up, I can't explain it all, but I think like 70% of the movies don't fit in at all.

Best answers
I only know that Fusion Rebirth movie fits in that place where Goku after the end of his time on earth, comes back to the other world and wants to ask if Gohan is alive or dead and sees everything in bubbles.;/

(took that from DBZ Buus Fury game)

Best answers
i don't think dead zone fits in either, the first time any of goku's freinds saw gohan was on roshi's island and i believe they saw him in deadzone(its been years since i've seen it)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you guys read my post youll find out i said Bio Brolly. Wich means movie 11. Not number 10 or number 8. Those 2 just dont fit in.As for movie 12. Shure you had a lot of dead guys walking round the planet in Buu saga.

I mean why koncern yourself with the walking dead guys when Buu is out. Besides Gohan was in there and at that time he should have been on the Kaioshins planet.

Movie 12 just dosent fit in.

Best answers
Thanks for all the replies guys.
So If I watch DBZ and DBGT there's no MAJOR story holes cos of the movies?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
I'll have to disagree there =o I recently watched Fusion Reborn (movie 12) and Goku said to Janemba after transforming into a Super Saiyan 3:"You should be proud of yourself, onlu Majin Buu has pushed me this far in battle before"
I've watched 2 different subbed versions of movie 12 and im 99.9% sure he never mentions that in the ones ive seen. Not to mention the movie starts with it being the match between goku and pikkon in the other world tournament.

The story goes like this, there once was a man called Akira Toriyama, he made a comedy manga called "dragonball" in 1985. It grew to such popularity there was such a demand that he continued his series way further what he wanted to. During all the hype an anime was made, and that also was popular. In an attempt to make more money, the animation company (i think its toei) decided to make movies along side the anime, they werent there to fit in the story at all, they are there purely because the company were milking it for all its worth. Think how hard it'd be to introduce new situations into a story years after it's been written, so they just said "to hell with it" and just came up with anything they could. Though sometimes they were quite well made (its actually the only version of the anime i can stand to watch) because they cut out all the crap of "omg he's stronger than me" "oh wait now im stronger" "no im stronger" etc.

Thats it really, movies arent part of the actually plot, they're just something "extra", the trunks special is the only thing which i'd actually accept as valid, because some of it was actually in the manga. But im just a manga fanboy :p

Best answers
1 thing about the Super Android 17 Movie was that i didnt see Broly in it ud think he would of escaped Hell along with the others

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only movies that could find their way into the storyline are the Cooler Movies (during 3 years before androids), the Broly Movies (1st before the Cell games, last 2 after the Cell games), and if you disregard Krillin already knowing about Gohan, the 1st movie with Garlic Jr.

However, as its said, the movies don't really fit well into the story. In fact, the movie villains can replace series villains in a way.

Garlic Jr - Raditz
Turles - Vegeta
Slug - Frieza
13, 14, 15 - 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Bojack - Cell
Janemba - Buu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggetto said:
That was Movie 13, to Hildegarn, between Kid Buu's death and Uub's birth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
brolly was after cell saga from what i understood
cooler, after frieza saga
world tree, the brain one, deadzone, and the garlic jr thing are before frieza i believe, during they're "training" years in between the sagas

they dont really tie in directly to the story, but they're there :O

i cant remember all of the movies, so ask a question and i'll try to answer it

the brolly movie fits in fine, after the cell saga. gohan just cant control ss2 from what i assumed, so he didnt transform, and brolly wouldnt give him a chance anyways, and everyone else was powered up. i dont see the problem

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the brolly movie fits in fine, after the cell saga. gohan just cant control ss2 from what i assumed, so he didnt transform, and brolly wouldnt give him a chance anyways, and everyone else was powered up. i dont see the problem
Goku was dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom