Dragonball Z/GT MMORPG

Best answers
well because i jave seen all the episodes off dragonball to dragon ball GT i was wondering insted of only play this game on non saved xp servers (kinda normal it would give home players so mutch advantage). Sombody or some crew might work on an MMORPG version. you all know World Off Warcraft right? well that kind off based but only in dragonball Z style. you start with choosing your race like supersaiyen,andriod,namekens (don't know the exact name)bio-mechanical)
and liv eyou own life. make a personal character with own styles, faces,hair etc.
then depending on your race you start at the world or in a android world or whatever. travel across the "hole galaxy" and kill npc forfill quests mayby even get a chanche to see shenron and afcourse player versus player (pvp) and attack those with your own costum spells.

Does this sound like an idea??

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
slayergt said:
well because i jave seen all the episodes off dragonball to dragon ball GT i was wondering insted of only play this game on non saved xp servers (kinda normal it would give home players so mutch advantage). Sombody or some crew might work on an MMORPG version. you all know World Off Warcraft right? well that kind off based but only in dragonball Z style. you start with choosing your race like supersaiyen,andriod,namekens (don't know the exact name)bio-mechanical)
and liv eyou own life. make a personal character with own styles, faces,hair etc.
then depending on your race you start at the world or in a android world or whatever. travel across the "hole galaxy" and kill npc forfill quests mayby even get a chanche to see shenron and afcourse player versus player (pvp) and attack those with your own costum spells.

Sounds dull and borring. More for DBZ fans than actualy people who like gameplay.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there was to be a DBZ MMORPG, I would not want it to be made underground and not made like World of Warcraft.

The day they make a DBZ MMORPG, they need to capture the wide range the player can achieve knowing that it's a MMORPG, while capturing the quickness and intensity of DBZ battles. I was expecting one soon, seeing how popular the franchise is. Hell they'll make ones for the Matrix and Marvel, but not DBZ.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
slayergt said:

With the current state of MMORPG's, I doubt anyone would be able to pull off something like that or that anyone would want to. I think it would be too complicated, I mean if you died you'd probably spawn in other world waiting until someone wishes you back (and I'm sure there will be more than one person waiting).

I wouldn't like it at all, though I would be interested to see what they put into it.

Best answers
afcourse those are factors to be dealth with. not every game starts off.. there needs to be a wide range of programmers. and afcourse i can post this here. but who would get the idea.? i mean makers off ESF are on these forum not a big boss with lotsa cash and a wide range office. its just what you people think off it possitive or negative.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has already been done.

Go look up DBZ RPG in the Byond engine.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are not MMORPGs. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would love the experience, but they would need to make it different than other mmorpg. It can't be like Guild Wars. You should be capable of forming a party, but for world exploration i shouldn't be too necessary. You should be capable of fending off enemies on your own or with two people. Also, you should have a much more flexible and personal battle system, more like ESF than Guild Wars. Because Guild Wars is too static in fights. Free roming movment should be allowed. Worlds would have to be huge, but because of that you would need things low poly and less detailed. If you're capable of flying, there should be a medium height ceiling and there should be physical barriers your character can't penetrate. Certain skills like flying must be earned to increase and limit exploration. It should not begin like DBZ, where your character is already a seasoned warrior. You should start out like Goku did in Dragonball, just a really strong newby and make your way up. There need to be LOTS of levels to reach, not like Guild Wars which has a maximum of 20 levels.

Also, you should have a customizable special attack designer like in the THUG games. There should be categories for blasts, beams, saws, special melee, etc. And of course there should be special ways of limiting these attack's power. Of course, some skills can be learned and customized in slots so you don't automatically have every attack.

You should be incapable of going back to any town/city automatically until you learn Instant Transmission.

There should be (like in Guild Wars) a basic storyline for your character to follow. It should involve being killed at one point so you can go to Otherworld as well. Once you get Instant Transmission, you can explore Otherworld whenever you want.

When you gain levels, you should gain skill points which can be added to certain categories, like melee, attack speed, energy blast strength, etc. You should not be able to customize energy and health maximums which will increase at every level.

In towns and cities (like Kami's Lookout) you should only be capable of walking and running, so that players aren't everywhere. You can intermingle with characters here. Eventually, you can create your own warrior team, name it and buy a "safe" meeting place for it. You can add new recruits and have up to twenty memebers, so that the team can't bulge into an organization.

Part of the story should be finding the Dragonballs. Dragonballs are non-tradeable story/quest items, so that a player can't have two four-star balls at the same time, or give a player their extra Dragonballs and make a wish.

Only the player who has gathered their seven Dragonballs can mae a wish, and wishes can only be made outside of towns so that servers won't lag. The wishes should have some real value to the player, as after they first collect them in the story, they will appear in randonmly designated places. Each player should have a Dragon Radar that will give the general region a Dragonball is in, but will not specify its exact location. The Dragonballs will be well gaurded according to the player's current level, whther the area they are in is full of weak or strong enemies.

The world should be vast and therefore must load in a way similar to THUG 2, where the map loads new regions as you go. This will change hen you enter towns or cities. You should have differet paths according to your secies. If you are a Saiyan, your quest will eventually lead you to certain regions in the story that will bring out your Super Saiyan form, sort of like becoming "Ascended" in Guild Wars. Afterward, the Saiyan levels will be achieved based off your level.

Saiyans should conraditory to the story, be relatively weak while normal, so the transformations will balance them compared to other human, android or alien players.

Whoo! A lot of typing! I doubt a fan could make something like this, but if ever Atari decided on something like that, I'd be playing it dawn till dusk! You can count on it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
slayergt said:

I like the idea actullay, Seriously, why not try something new?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If such a thing were to be relased they'd have to really work on it. I think it would just be enough if they added online features for Tenkachi 1/2 to keep the fans happy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragonball Z/GT is a failing franchise nowadays. Not nearly as many people are interested in it as there were 10 years ago. With that being said, I agree with Grega.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Game rights for dragonball z (in atari's case) have been purchased by Atari, they can make games based on db/z/gt till 2009 or the end of 2009 (atleast from what I remember reading). However, as already stated, a dbz MMORPG could lead to a marketing failure given the popularity of the franchise these days to western auidences.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I don't think so. Perhaps it doesn't have the limelight since the show is over, but fans who even gave a rip in the first place still love it. The hype has just died down since the show is finished. I think we lost some fans over the course of GT, the disaster on-air. Otherwise I think things are fine. For any show to keep a fanbase this long after the end is awesomely impressive.

Best answers
I agree with j-dude. many people watched some episodes and i must say after dragonballz its went from normal to boring. always the same type off episodes. after becoming super sayen the world shaked as is would be torn appart by such an immens powers!! in dbzgt it becomes super saiyen 4 without mutch to happen. then in that time frieza was the best warior in the holy galaxie, ha he/she couldnt even hit goku anymore now. i just mean always a stronger monster, then when they are apeard to loose there alwaays some miracel or idea to kill it and it just always works. i think thats the fall off dbz, the games on ps2 the bodukai series are boring. in the beginning its fun because you never played anything like it. but after a week it bores you because its same gameplay over over and over. and not mentioning about the Game boy advance games omg wth is that. if they could make this decend enough to play, people that don't know dbz might even buy the game because its something difrent. if they like it, they could even buy the episodes. even brings more money out for the makers back in 1995 or something. i would think they give it a shot. but who am i. think about it.

Best answers
****, a DBZ MMORPG? That would Kick ass! I would love it...

BUt I have a question... lets say that some group like the ESF team decided to make a mod for some game... to make a DBZ MMO.... what kind of game engine would they use?

I mean, ESF uses the HL engine, what would the DBZ MMO use?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I mean, ESF uses the HL engine, what would the DBZ MMO use?
Probably the Source engine (Most likely, anyways).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think the source engines are made to handle something like that. An MMORPG requires GIANT servers, their own networks and a LOT of work. The environments alone would be insane to produce The coding would be a horror film. You'd have to create a game engine for fights that could be a game in itself. Then you have to link everything together. No fan can make this kind of game. It would have to be something official, which somehow I doubt will ever come to be. It would rock, I'm sure that Atari, Funi and Toei have the cash to make it work, but the chances that they decide to make a DSBZ MMORPG of this sort is very slim. It would be the perfect game, but somehow game developers always find ways to let you down.

I wish it could happen, but its just unfeasible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It just sounds like this would have to be stand alone. I can't imagine that someone can make a multiplayer/single player first-person shooter, however advanced into an MMORPG. You'd be completely restructuring the engine, unless you know how to use visualbasic computer code (which only 1 in a million people do) then there's no way you could mutate this kind of game like that.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I got it! Lets ask santa!

seriously, I dont know much about gaming engines, so why wouldn't the Source engine work?
The Source engine wasn't made to handle what's required of a MMO.

If you were to use any engine, most likely you'd use an engine designed specifically for a MMO purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom