Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
it has a DR system, it gets quite repetative. they come in groups, all the Androids have their own pattern, all the saiyans have their own pattern etc. if you play them alot you learn every pattern and can beat them at DR pimp sqeak ^^ also, I do this because I'm paranoid but I might be right, I always make sure I press the button AFTER the computer. just to make sure it cant see what im pressing... o_o
I also tend to press the button after the computer does. o_o

But I never knew every 'race' has their own pattern. If you know these off the top of your head, could you PM some to me? I'd love to see if they're correct. :3

EDIT 2: I have also just confirmed something about the Dragon Balls.

I managed to find a Dragon Ball in a stage that has neither a red, nor a yellow border.

I have also confirmed that stages with a yellow border do not mean that you have already found the Dragon Ball in that stage, as I previously assumed.

Also, it is possible to get more than one Dragon Ball from the same stage.

I just did the Vegeta Vs. Zarbon fight in the Namek Saga twice, and the first time I fought there I found a DB, and the second time I fought there I also found a DB. The first was the Five Star Dragon Ball, the 2nd was the Seven Star DB.

Hence, the red and yellow borders are still a mystery to me. o_O

Best answers
Yeah, it comes out tomorrow, im going to go get it, but i have a few questions.

I heard that you can kill anyone you want, blow up any city you want and its pretty much gta mixed into dbz, allowing you to do whatever you want, is any of this stuff true or is someone pulling security's leg?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Yeah, it comes out tomorrow, im going to go get it, but i have a few questions.

I heard that you can kill anyone you want, blow up any city you want and its pretty much gta mixed into dbz, allowing you to do whatever you want, is any of this stuff true or is someone pulling security's leg?
Lol.

It's not like GTA at all.

It's just a fighting game, only with much more freedom of movement. There is no 'city' you can roam around, there are no people to talk to.

All you do is fight. In Z-Battle Gate Mode (Story Mode) you just select a stage and battle it out with someone.

There's an Ultimate Battle Mode too, which is a ranking battle mode where you fight 100 enemies.

Then there's the World Tournament where you can earn Z-Items to upgrade your characters with.

And there's the Duel and Practice Modes. Same as in Budokai 3.

Best answers
Damnit man, that sucks but i did think that it wasnt true so dont think im a complete idiot. I do think that it would be pretty sweet to be able to kill any pedestrians, blow up cars, nuke cities with big bangs and do what ever the hell you want, thats a good idea, hope your listening, Atari. ;)

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Damnit man, that sucks but i did think that it wasnt true so dont think im a complete idiot. I do think that it would be pretty sweet to be able to kill any pedestrians, blow up cars, nuke cities with big bangs and do what ever the hell you want, thats a good idea, hope your listening, Atari. ;)

Eh mental help perhaps?....

In the mean time get mercenaries, no better way to destroy a city then with a fuel bomb or carpet bomb.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
damnit, i have to wait until tomorrow or wendesday

and i have ITEDS for those days, which means sitting in a small desk for 2 hours, in the gym room

Best answers
Got it some hours ago saiyan saga 65% now. I have PAL, but are there japanese voices? Can someone please tell me, how to use them?

And how can i pick up a dragon ball(i found only one, but didnt know how to pick it up :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barkarot said:
Got it some hours ago saiyan saga 65% now. I have PAL, but are there japanese voices? Can someone please tell me, how to use them?

And how can i pick up a dragon ball(i found only one, but didnt know how to pick it up :p)
For Japanese Voices, go to Options -> Sound -> Japanese Voices

To pick up a dragon ball, simply touch it. You have to actually touch it, not just get in really close. Put the center of your character's shadow over it, and when you've picked it up, your character should glow for a little while to indicate that you've acquired the Dragon Ball.

Please note, however, that you will only get the Dragon Ball when you clear the stage. That means defeating your enemy and achieving the story objective too..

It is possible to get a more than one Dragon Ball from the same stage, but only one will appear at the same time. You cannot find more than one Dragon Ball in a stage, but if you beat find a Dragon Ball, then beat the stage and come back again, you may be able to find another Dragon Ball.

Best answers
Okay. I found out how to switch to japanese by myself.

My first day:

Saiyan saga 100%

Frieza saga 100%

A lonesome final battle 100%

The universe`s mightiest warrior 100%

The legendary supersaiyan 100%

Android saga 26%

Dragon balls: 0...

Too much stunning in melee, but perhaps it gets better once i learn to block them : ). There is also a possibility for super beam spamming that cant be avoided, but of course i wont do such thing in 2 vs 2, it would just ruin the fun.

Hardest fight: Against Brolly

Easiest fight: Against Cell(1st form), took about 20sec(no beam spamming) ^^

Story mode sucks greatttly. I always skip those cutscenes, even budokai II`s chessmaster was better...

What can you wish with the Dragon balls?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally got the complete character list. There is no Omega, #13 or Pikkon. And they were right, they did include exactly 90 characters.

1. Goku
2. Goku Super Saiyan
3. Goku Super Saiyan 2
4. Goku Super Saiyan 3
5. Goku Super Saiyan 4
6. Vegeta
7. Vegeta Super Saiyan
8. Super Vegeta Super Saiyan
9. Majin Vegeta
10. Vegeta Super Saiyan 2
11. Vegeta Super Saiyan 4
12. Vegeta Scouter
13. Oozaru Vegeta
14. Piccolo
15. Krillin
16. Yamcha
17. Tien
18. Chiaotzu
19. Kid Gohan
20. Teen Gohan
21. Teen Gohan Super Saiyan
22. Teen Gohan Super Saiyan 2
23. Adult Gohan
24. Adult Gohan Super Saiyan
25. Adult Gohan Super Saiyan 2
26. Ultimate Gohan
27. Great Saiyaman
28. Trunks (/w Sword)
29. Trunks (/w Sword) Super Saiyan
30. Trunks (Fighting)
31. Trunks (Fighting) Super Saiyan
32. Super Trunks Super Saiyan
33. Kid Trunks
34. Kid Trunks Super Saiyan
35. Goten
36. Goten Super Saiyan
37. Gotenks
38. Gotenks Super Saiyan
39. Gotenks Super Saiyan 3
40. Vegito
41. Super Vegito
42. Gogeta Super Saiyan
43. Gogeta Super Saiyan 4
44. Raditz
45. Nappa
46. Saibaman
47. Zarbon
48. Zarbon (post-transformation)
49. Dodoria
50. Captain Ginyu
51. Recoome
52. Burter
53. Jeice
54. Guldo
55. Frieza 1st Form
56. Frieza 2nd Form
57. Frieza 3rd Form
58. Frieza Final Form
59. Frieza Final Form 100%
60. Mecha Frieza
61. Android #16
62. Android #17
63. Android #18
64. Android #19
65. Android #20
66. Cell 1st Form
67. Cell 2nd Form
68. Cell Perfect Form
69. Perfect Cell Perfect Form
70. Cell Jr.
71. Demon King Dabura
72. Majin Buu (Good)
73. Majin Buu (Pure Evil)
74. Super Buu
75. Majin Buu Gotenks Absorbed
76. Majin Buu Ultimate Gohan Absorbed
77. Kid Buu
78. Hercule
79. Videl
80. Bardock
81. Cooler Final Form
82. Brolli
83. Bojack Post-Transformation
84. Janemba
85. Baby Vegeta
86. Super #17
87. Kid Goku
88. Oozaru
89. Roshi
90. Tao

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure there's no Pikkon? In one of the trailers, they had the American voice-actor for Goku say Pikkon would be in the game. A trailer on Gamestop.. Goku pretending the whole game was a scouter simulation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't flat-out deny that Pikkon isn't in the game, but he's not among the 90 characters. Maybe they planned to add him but retracted him as they did with Omega. I haven't seen any screenshots, videos or material of him in the game. It's a shame, I like Pikkon.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup, pikkon and omega shenron are not in.
someone here that said something about having omega was lying...same with atari, they are playing with us.
they said pikkon is in when he's not, thats a huge mistake...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried putting the disc into your PC and snooping about for hidden or unfinished content? You could find it on Budokai 2 and 3. Sound files from Kid Goku's DU ("I've been sent into the future!"). Cui, #19, Zarbon and Bulma's Tournament introduction audio too.

From GameFAQ's:
batoasaislayer said:
After playing through the Z gate and being dissapointed with the lack of real cutscenes, I was still having fun playing. Until every character played the same way! It's no thrill to unlock anybody no more because they all play the same.
How true is that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Have you tried putting the disc into your PC and snooping about for hidden or unfinished content? You could find it on Budokai 2 and 3. Sound files from Kid Goku's DU ("I've been sent into the future!"). =
I plan to do that when I get the game, Gamestop just called and said it will be in tommorrow, so I'm set. I did find a handful of Kid Goku voices regarding being sent back in time, as well as some #18s. Hopefully Tenkaichi is just as easy to unlock sounds like the previous budokais...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no 4th form cooler?

no metal cooler?

wow. talk about failure.

oh...you put gotenks in there twice...

52. Gotenks
53. Super Saiyan Gotenks
54. Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks
55. Gotenks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I was dissapointed about the lack of Meta Cooler too. The movie characters kinda got the raw end of the deal in this game.

And the double Gotenks thing has been fixed, my mistake, the second Gotenks was actually Guldo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom