Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

Best answers
Im playing japanese ver. im prefer jpn. :talk:

Atm, im in Bardocks quest stage. :shocked:

and yeah, i already have BT. :cool:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
Omega shenron isnt in Budokai Tenkaichi im affraid, you're probably talking about Budokai 3 lol
Nope. Hidden char \o/

Yeah, they ruined the game with that "no transes" thingy... -.-"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hell, only 3 or 4 days till US release

yea baby!

i heard that they wont have jap voice overs, only in the japanese version, but we can hope

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EncorE_SX said:
Nope. Hidden char \o/

Yeah, they ruined the game with that "no transes" thingy... -.-"
sorry, i dont beleave that...Mito ryo, one of the producers said NON of the shenrons are in the game, also he said no pikkon, supreme kai, android 13..and more.....so.. =P

anyway fellas!
another video i made, Dabura vs. Android #19!
made it for someone on dbzonps2 forums.

Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/6315440/Dabura_Vs_Android19.rar.html
Direct Link: http://dl3.rapidshare.de/files/6315440/82331694/Dabura_Vs_Android19.rar

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
Can you make a Cell vs. random video? I would like to hear his voice when he wins...so dont lose ^^

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe thanks RavenTrunks ^_^

sure thing Barkarot, which form of cell? and remember, it's japanese voices only =] till ill get BT, but im not in a rush for that for now XD

mean while you guys can enjoy a story mode video of Majin Vegeta vs. Majin Buu =]

Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/6318611/MajinVegeta_Vs_MajinBuu.rar.html
Direct Link: http://dl7.rapidshare.de/files/6318611/82583449/MajinVegeta_Vs_MajinBuu.rar

if you want more story mode battles too, request away ^_^"
so far im at Buu saga, (current battle: Majin buu vs. Evil buu).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was pleasantly surprised when I went shopping today, for my favorite games store had already acquired Budokai Tenkaichi, when I thought it wouldn't be released here until the 21st/22nd.

I didn't have a lot of time to play yet, but I have some mixed feelings about the game. Everything outside of the battles aren't as polished.. almost every menu has one or more characters (Roshi, Bulma, etc.) who incessantly spout their crap, like in Budokai 3, and it annoys me greatly. The quality of the voice acting also seems slightly lower (At least, for the English voices, I haven't yet checked out the Japanese voice set).

I've been doing some Practicing to get a feel for the controls, and I must agree that they are very confusing at first. I tried setting a custom scheme similar to that of Zone of The Enders, but that didn't work out too well for me so I switched it back to the original setting.

The battles, however, have a lot of depth to them.

When you start pressing the Square button repeatedly, your character will perform a combo. Whilst doing this, you can either use the Ki button to do a move that'll stun the enemy, after which you can continue your combo. You can also hold the attack button to charge up a smash attack. The more combos you make against your enemy in one so-called Rush, the weaker he'll get, so the farther you'll be able to knock him back. Or, you can do a combo, and hold a directional key. Using this in combination with the smash move will allow you to powerfully knock the enemy into the indicated direction. Holding up will kick him up, holding down will knock him down, et cetera. It takes some getting used to at first, but it works pretty intuitively later on.

There are also different types of special attacks. You have the Favorite Moves, the Finishing Moves and the Super Finishing Moves. You activate each one by inputting a certain button combination (for instance, Ki Charge + Ki Blast will perform a Kamehameha). Some of these special attacks do little damage, and are more suited for defense or support. One such technique is the Explosive Wave, which creates a powerful shield around you that defends against energy attacks, and also damages the enemy when he touches it. Kaio Ken is also such a support technique. When in the Kaio Ken state, you can also perform the Kaio Ken attack, which is a combo rush where Goku rushes up to the enemy, punches and kicks them a few times, then knocks them down. He then quickly swoops down and catches the enemy.

The purpose of Sparking Mode (It's called MAX POWER Mode in the PAL version), you will not use up Ki when performing certain ki-using techniques, such as the Dragon Dash (swoop with aura, really fast), among other things. The MAX POWER Mode also allows you to execute your character's Super Finishing Move. It also has a positive effect on your smash capabilities, but I forgot what it does to enhance it, exactly.

I've not done much yet, basically some Practice and the Z Battle Gate, where I fought up until the first Oozaru fight (I assume it's Vegeta, they don't really give you a lot of explanations, and the cutscenes are a bit disappointing, like we thought)

I also don't like the music much. I wish they'd gone with the Japanese music.

Anyway, aside from certain non-battle related pet-peeves, I really like the game. The battle system is deep, responsive and allows for a great amount of freedom. That is, once you've mastered the intricate controls. It took me about half an hour just to get the hang of swooping and doing combos properly.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup, you got it down pretty much SR =]

- dont worry about the controls, as soon as you get used to them the game will be hella fun! ^_^
- i agree about the english voices level, =/ they are just not like they are in the show...
- yeah, the cutscenes are not that great...but it's much better then what Budokai 2 and 3 had IMO...but it doesnt come any close to the level of cutscenes that Budokai 1 had...but then again... they did worked much longer that that.
-also about Sparking mode, when charging a hit with square, charge it with L2, it'll preform a powerful smash hit (even more powerful then after a normal combo).

over all it's a good game =] dont let the small annoying things get to you :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really cool vids, are you playing an imported version SV? Or is there an option to switch between english and jpnese voices?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the PAL(German Version) version you can switch between the Voices.
There is English & Japanese Voices.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Really cool vids, are you playing an imported version SV? Or is there an option to switch between english and jpnese voices?
imported version ^_^ in the imported you have only japanese voices but you also have the original japanese music from the show, in the PAL/NTSC versions you have both japanese and english voices but the music from the old budokais plus a few new ones i think.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry but there are no cool cutscenes in this game XD it's as simple as it gets...the Majin vegeta cutscene is one of the "best" ive seen so far =/

you can set the level of difficulty for this game as always, on hard...it's obviously hard =P some fights can be truble but you get through it after a few trys.

ok guys =] i made it to Super Vegito vs. Super Gohan Buu!!!
im recording this battle for sure =] stay tuned!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sounds cool. toss me a render of that vegetto, i wanna make you a sig, that ones so uber old

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Vegetto, or anyone else who has the game: I have some trouble beating the first Oozaru. The only hint I get is to use "swift" attacks, but my attacks do so very little damage, does anyone have any tips for me? :eek:

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hah i sure do SR =] i had rough time with him at first to and then it hit me..
all you need to do is to survive the time =] not too hard, just try to swoop away from him, teleport, do anything you can to waste time.

knock yourself out Bboy XD
http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/262/vegetto14ct.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the video the IGN guy says that every DBZ saga is covered, does that mean Garlic Jr's in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom