Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'd personally not want this thread closed because of a little argument like this, I was just surprised that UK is getting this before the US, my friend in Belgium says they usually get games last, so yeah...

Damn only 15 days? Let'ssee, I reserved it in the summer and I have $15 now...good, good..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I'll get it as soon as it's released. I've got some money to burn anyway. :p I've been looking for a nice game to waste some time with.

NjV0101

N
Heyy what up every1, i heard that there will be a " What If " mode in the game. Like the story changing with something else that could of happened. I have a good one. What if Bardock ended up Killing Frieza ? then would Goku ever achieve the level of Super Saiyan? Frieza killing Krillin is what triggered his anger to go over the line. What if that happened? =)

Best answers
Supposly there are whatif stories but i think they are triggered due to who wins the fights in storymode, rumored to have no continues, if u lose u start from scratch or a villan story progresses etc.

Best answers
well we will found outs wen me and mr raven come on here release d8 rating the game ^^

*EDIT* just pre-ordered it now cant wait til 14th :D cool thing is also B&W2 comes out the 8th so that will give me something to til budokai

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
we shall crush your little euro country.
No, I really don't think you will. Warning for spam :warning:

Best answers
Japan got it released early by 2 days, it is out there right now, but if u don't want spoilers i would suggest avoiding this thread for a while, because they will flow like a mountain river now =P.

G
damn, I cant pre-order this one (I Pre-ordered both BK2 and 3 :( and got BK1 in store a few years ago) I recently swapped all my money (£25) and 4 games(Tomb Raider Of Darkness, Clone Wars, Simpsons Skateboarding and some other crap) to get Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, a choice I don't regret but still its a shame I have to wait for christmas before I get DBT :(

Best answers
Japan got it released early by 2 days, it is out there right now, but if u don't want spoilers i would suggest avoiding this thread for a while, because they will flow like a mountain river now =P.
Well that's good and bad news. It's good news because my copy should be in by today or tommorow. It's bad news because im currently at school, and im going to be thinking about it for the next 3 hours i have left in my last few classes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
Well that's good and bad news. It's good news because my copy should be in by today or tommorow. It's bad news because im currently at school, and im going to be thinking about it for the next 3 hours i have left in my last few classes.

Wait what? You're getting the japense version? For what?

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Wait what? You're getting the japense version? For what?
Well mainly, because im stuck with it now. I placed an order and payed for this game in full well over two months ago, before i actually knew that the US version, would actually be giving you the option too choose between which voices you actually prefered and before i knew the release date was actually going too change. So there was no way i could get my money back, so i now have too deal with this version. It dosen't really matter too me though, i order and play the naruto games all the time so the only difference here i guess is that the menus will take some time to get use too as usual, and im getting it abit earlier then everyone else. So yea, i went with it because i prefered the japanese voices too the US dubs, plus they usually get the small extra's, even thought that''s not the case this time.

Best answers
but u will have the voices but no sub titles so u wont know what they are saying and that would be bummer if there is a what if story line, and dont u need a jap console to play it?

Best answers
but u will have the voices but no sub titles so u wont know what they are saying and that would be bummer if there is a what if story line
It is quite a few of those in the game, so yea that's going too suck. But hey, action speaks louder then words right? Im sure i"ll be able to somewhat, understand what's going on, and even if i don't, who knows maybe someone on gamefaqs might translate storymode or something, if im lucky.

and dont u need a jap console to play it?
Well acourse you do. But not me, ive had a modchip inside my PS2 for about a year now, so no, i can play UK/JP games on my US console as well.

NjV0101

N
Yo i heard that there are 7 secret characters in the game? do u think its true?? any1? i also heard that Tapion might be in the game. Almost 13 days :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:

ive had a modchip inside my PS2 for about a year now, so no, i can play UK/JP games
:O I am so telling on you.

But, assuming you will be the first out of all of us to play it, we hope for a detailed, and hopefully positive, review of the game.

Best answers
This post was by fuuraisen on the DBZonps2 forums, he got his copy of BT i think the japanese version not sure, he is having a hard time adjusting to the controls and he thinks it will cause alot of ppl to hate it, but anyways read for ur self.

Well i have been playing it for like an hour or so....

and well...The graphics, Sound are very goood..awesome actually...

But....The control Layout SUCKS!! seriously...i cant stand this control layout..its like the worst control layout ever...Normally i can adapt very easily and i have no problem with most games but man oh man..i cant get used to it...
Seriously people, you are going to know exactly what i am talking about as soon as you play it. Way to many things to try and remember espically for a fast paced game like this.

plus the camera can be pretty horrible sometimes. I was playing practice mode and i got stuck on some boulder and i was fighting Zarbon and he just kept shooting ki blasts over and over again...i could not get out...it was really lame so i just shut off the PS2.

To be honest with you...so far...I am not very impressed so far.
but i will give it more time. I am sure when the US version is released i will have mastered the controls...If this game had a LOCKON feature like Zelda for the 64 then that would be awesome but it doesnt so what can you do...

Hope i am not dissapointing you guys...just giving my opinion.

So far though i think Budokai 3 is the better game.

This was by Supra.

ok playing now, i think that the graphics look alot sharper and clearer than b3 also there are no glithes in the graphics either. controls are a bit crap, budokai 3 was alot easier to use.

in practice mode now using normal goku, he Can power-up to Kaioken by pressing L2+UP+O
Triangle is fireball, Square is punch, X is dash and Circrle is block. L2 to charge, X and L2 is super dash (flying with aura).

while punching -->+O is to teleport behind enemy and <--+O is to teleport from enemy.

One from dream from within.

It does have one. I found the camera system to be much less of an issue as people are making it out too be, the lock-on has worked great for me so far. The only problem with it that rarely happens, is when your above the person your fighting, or vice versa, the lock-on system dosen't respond that well because you have too be a certain distance, but it's nothing to worry about.

Anyway's, i can tell from the get-go alot of people will hate this game, and run around screaming B3 is better, all because the controls. The control layout is not bad at all, in fact, even if you could change it, it would still be abit difficult either way, mainly due to the fact that this is more or less, a pc style game then a actually console one, and since this game uses a controller instead of mouse and keyboard, i knew i would probally have to remember alot of button commands, which i got 95% downpacked after spending about 1 hour in pratice mode. I'll say this much, so far im really impressed with the game, i find it much better then all 3 previous Budokai games, and i haven't even touched storymode at all yet.

There will be more to come, each of the members haven't played that long, but all agree the controls are new and hard to get used to, but in no time im sure we will all be zipping around the screen like the AI.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you can 'transform' to Kaioken in-battle after all...they should've made it like that for all forms.

I also read that the controls layout is tricky because it's so complex, however after a lot of practice it should be ok, and maybe the complexity will make BT deeper than it's predecessors. The existence of lock-on shouldn't be up for debate (especially as it was illustrated in one of the videos on gamespot, and by somebody who owns the game -_-)

Also they announced ages ago that there will be 60 chars with 90 forms between them (including normal/base form). However on the list I made there was only 57, so maybe they did sneak in three others, i'm hoping for #13, Omega Shenron and Tapion.

Best answers
http://www10.megaupload.com/files/207d979ae1530c8245518a639073e018/Beam struggle.MPG

Sayain universe a very respected member at DBZonps2 forums, has announced that the controls are a bit icky, however play with them a bit and u will love them. The gameplay will not appeal to hardcore fighting fans, so if ur a fan of just fighting do not pick this game up, he also took a vid of a beamstruggle and its at the top.

I would post what he said but it is to long lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom