Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 Greatest Hits

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Note: This is not the Collectors Edition of B3, which is just B3 with a 'Making Of...' DVD and a Broly figurine.

So whats new?

-When your character has teleported, he/she will leave behind a small puff of smoke with the same color as their aura.

-SSJ2/SSJ3/Super Perfect Cell - electricity sparks looks closer to the show (they fixed the colour too, they're blue).

-Sound effects quality improved for Death Moves.

-Graphic effects improved on Dragon Strike (now with a dragon), Super Kamehameha, Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, Dragon Rushes, Renzoku, Special Beam Cannon (it leaves a hole in your enemy :]) and Final Shine (more accurate to the show).

-Cell's voice fixed.

-New costume: Afterlife Goku: He has a halo above his head.

-New character: Evil King Piccolo: Second biggest character in the game after LSSJ Broly.

-New costume: Long haired Trunks in Saiyan Armor: Like Budokai 1.

-New form: Super Vegeta/USSJ Vegeta.

-The in-game menu now actually provides you with a comprehensive list of all of the characters moves/combos including their properties (Charge, cancel out, no blocking, guard break, etc...). Like Tekken.

-The stage select screen has improved. You can see background images of different stages when they are highlighted.

-Those still images of characters used in DU have talking animations.

-Japanese audio option (voices and music).

-More?

Hardly warrants a purchase if you've got Budokai 3, especially with Tenkaichi around the corner. I think this is what B3 would've been if they'd finished in time. Oh well. Anyone going to get this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have Budokai 3 already, I'm not going to get this.

This stuff should've been in the first version. I hate it when developers pull **** like this.

Fable, anyone? :/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't sound real. "Final Shine (more accurate to the show)."

Final Shine was an irrelevant, worthless move you gained from Babidi's Mind Control. The actual name of the suicide move in the game was "Final Explosion," and if this list were real, that's what it would say.

If it is real, whoopie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea, in Budokai 3, Final Shine is SSJ4 Vegeta's main beam attack. He executes it like a Final Flash, only he charges it very quickly and the beam is green instead of jellow.

So it might not have been in the show, if that's what you meant, but it's in the game, so in that sense, it is real. I've seen the move and used it myself, so that's how I know.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
humm im probably missing something...
what are you guys talking about? =o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This would be so great if a) I didn't already have budoaki 3 and b) Tenkaichi is to be coming out in 2 weeks.

It has quite a handful of new things, so if it was possible trade the original for this one, I'd probably do that.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what has? =O is that another budokai 3 release?...
if so.. whats the full name?.. *looks at thread name and wonders if thats the full name* =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Final Shine was an irrelevant, worthless move you gained from Babidi's Mind Control. The actual name of the suicide move in the game was "Final Explosion," and if this list were real, that's what it would say.
Do you honestly think I make this stuff up for ****s and giggles? Was I talking about Final Explosion? No. Shiyo got it right. Oh and 'worthless move'? It was an instant K.O, reeeeaaaal useless.

And yes SV, that's the full name.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/769/769423.html
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/dragon-ball-z-budokai-3-greatest-hits/

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahhh nice!
well since my friend gets it in a VERY cheap price ill probably get that version too, just cause i like eye-candy.
but...3 releases of Budokai 3??? thats dumb..

Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
ahhh nice!
well since my friend gets it in a VERY cheap price ill probably get that version too, just cause i like eye-candy.
but...3 releases of Budokai 3??? thats dumb..
Uhhhh 3? this is the second one i've head of i think ur referring to BT which is Budokai Tenkaichi which is like Budokai 4 theres a thread somewhere

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still haven't even played this game. It seems sorta fun though, since from what I heard it's actually a pretty decent fighting game in its own right.

I've still been waiting to see if it comes out for GCN though, so i'm probably gonna wait around till it comes out for that. Hopefully it has all these extras with it too, or I might just have to pass on it all together.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Do you honestly think I make this stuff up for ****s and giggles? Was I talking about Final Explosion? No. Shiyo got it right. Oh and 'worthless move'? It was an instant K.O, reeeeaaaal useless.

And yes SV, that's the full name.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/769/769423.html
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/dragon-ball-z-budokai-3-greatest-hits/
Wee! Kudos on not actually reading what I said! *claps half-heartedly*

WHAT DID I SAY?
SailorAlea said:

If it is real, whoopie.
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Alea, in Budokai 3, Final Shine is SSJ4 Vegeta's main beam attack. He executes it like a Final Flash, only he charges it very quickly and the beam is green instead of jellow.

So it might not have been in the show, if that's what you meant, but it's in the game, so in that sense, it is real. I've seen the move and used it myself, so that's how I know.
As I said in my first post, which was 100% correct, "Final Shine" in Budokai 3 was an irrelevant, worthless move that shoots out a triangle shaped power blast. It uses two bars of energy.

"Final Explosion" was the name Budokai 3 used to describe the move FANS call "Final Shine," which was his sacrifice-his-life move. Raven's list of supposed changes calls Budokai 3's sacrifice move "Final Shine," when the GAME calls it "Final Explosion."

The list sounds fake because it's calling Vegeta's sacrifice move the FAN-MADE name, "Final Shine," when the game calls it "Final Explosion."

I don't know how many more times I can reiterate this. But I'll manage one more.

ACTUAL SERIES: NO NAME for Vegeta's sacrifice move.
FAN-MADE BS NAME for Vegeta's Sacrifice: "FINAL SHINE."
BUDOKAI 3's name for Vegeta's Sacrifice: "Final Explosion."
BUDOKAI 3's name for Vegeta's irrelevant energy blast: "Final Shine."

The supposed list of changes says what?
"and Final Shine (more accurate to the show)."

Hence my first post.

All in all, what makes me think that list is 100% bull? Let's see. It refers to "USSJ," which is another COMPLETELY FAN-MADE term, and what else? They're using the fan term "Final Shine" to describe Budokai 3's actual "Final Explosion." It says "Japanese audio option (voices and music)," despite the release that Gamespy, Gamestats and IGN are using says that the Japanese voice-overs are an unlockable option, and make no mention of the changes in this list. And this list makes no mention of what those 3 sites ARE, the "Saiyan Overdrive" system. What else? "Fixes Cell's voice." Somehow, I don't think if they've failed to fix Cell's voice in the past three games, they're going to bother to do it now.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The "Final Shine" Vegeta uses in GT is Green, and he uses it against Super Android 17, and it does nothing. The "Final Shine" in Budokai 3 is a yellow, triangle-thingey blast that replaces his Galick-gun attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, but since the budokai series is licenced, and therefor official, your argument = void. so stop arguing =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
As I said in my first post, which was 100% correct, "Final Shine" in Budokai 3 was an irrelevant, worthless move that shoots out a triangle shaped power blast. It uses two bars of energy.
In your first post, you did not specifically describe that Final Shine was a beam attack, nor that it cost two bars of Ki.

Allow me to quote your exact post:

SailorAlea said:

If it is real, whoopie.
Here, all that you say about the move is that you gain it by Babidi's Mind Control, which is incorrect, since the Final Shine beam attack is gained by becoming Super Saiyajin 4. However, as you know, Final Explosion is gained from Babidi's Mind Control. But, since in B3 Final Shine is a beam attack, this connection you made from Final Shine to Final Explosion is irrelevant. Wanting to correct someone on something as trivial as this is nitpicky to say the least.

Also, I would like to ask of you to learn to cut down on the sarcasm. I've seen you get angry at users merely because they do not agree with you.. Learn to lighten up, a forum is there to discuss. If you can't take the heat, don't go near the fire.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
In your first post, you did not specifically describe that Final Shine was a beam attack, nor that it cost two bars of Ki.

Allow me to quote your exact post:

Here, all that you say about the move is that you gain it by Babidi's Mind Control, which is incorrect, since the Final Shine beam attack is gained by becoming Super Saiyajin 4. However, as you know, Final Explosion is gained from Babidi's Mind Control. But, since in B3 Final Shine is a beam attack, this connection you made from Final Shine to Final Explosion is irrelevant. Wanting to correct someone on something as trivial as this is nitpicky to say the least.

Also, I would like to ask of you to learn to cut down on the sarcasm. I've seen you get angry at users merely because they do not agree with you.. Learn to lighten up, a forum is there to discuss. If you can't take the heat, don't go near the fire.
I was responding to Ravendust's rudeness. Anyway, I was mistaken in one aspect: The move I thought the game called Final Shine was "atomic blast." That's the move he gains by going Majin, and costs 2 bars. It appears the Final Shine is just the GT move. I still think the list is fake, though--since the other references are fan-terms, it's likely the list is talking about the sacrifice instead of the GT Final Shine, but I may be wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
both of you stop arguing >_< its a moot point, the fact is its in the game, which makes it official. and to be honest, i cant see something as major a **** up as that being left in the game, which means its.... NOT A **** UP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what the hell.

only thing that sounds cool is trunks i saiyan armor w long hair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom