dragonball Source near first release

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
as said on their website they will release their first beta on 14th of april, stay tuned and watch for yourself

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Cool! I can't wait to see what sort of DBZ awesomnity can be done with the Source engine! I'm surprised though that the screenshots I've seen have all been smooth-shaded. I hope that changes. So far I haven't seen a single DBZ mod with cell shading and I hope this will be an exception.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be perfectly honest, DBS looks pretty shabby, in the models and animation department. Have you seen DBA's models? It gives off the "DBZ" vibe so much more. So far, DBA > DBS, in my opinion...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure whether discussion/promotion of other DBZ mods is allowed in the VG section, guess i'll just wait for Pride to step in.

DBA is far behind DBS from the looks of things, it's also been a bit quiet on the development side for a while. I don't think the models are bad but I agree about the animations. Also the FX are very similar in quality to ESF's, despite the huge engine advantage.

Best answers
From the looks of it, ESF >>>> all other (dbz) mods. With all that engine "power" DBS looks pretty "simple", the models arent that good, animatinos ar crappy, there ar no cool effects & the maps ar....well.... very much...."empty". Oh well meybe they will add more stuff in other versions.

Best answers
wot is this thread about? imean wot hl2 mod are we talking about. im qurious lol
edit : dworry i no now. esf looks alot better then source maybe because this is a new oncoming mod lol and theres a big comparasment with the engines :|

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
esf looks alot beta
That is because Earth's Special Forces is in beta at the moment? Besides that point, do you even check up some text links above? This thread is about Dragonball: Source for the Half-Life 2 Engine.

Best answers
My hopes aren't too high for any of the "new DBZ mods:

DB: Heroes for Ut2004: http://www.dbzhood.com/images/ingame/ingame1.jpg
http://www.dbzhood.com/images/ingame/ingame4.jpg

Too cartooney, even for DBZ standards. The Half-life 1 engine could probably render that.

DB: Source - Once again, I've seen these graphics before, but this time from Serious Sam (the first one). The environments look almost identical, and the models aren't much better. The forest with grass all over is too bland also.

DB: Adventures - The Piccolo model is okay, but the environment caught my eye, with more water and less ground and trees! This mod has potential (graphics wise).

Take note that any one of these could have awesome game play compared to the others, and don't ask me because I don't know monkey-**** about their game play systems.

Best answers
DB: S sucks balls.

I've seen some screenshots and Im not impressed. Even though it's HL2, the models from ESF > DB: S.

It smells.

-GuZzie

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

I've seen some screenshots and Im not impressed. Even though it's HL2, the models from ESF > DB: S.

It smells.

-GuZzie
That's because the modification itself is "Beta"?, hell.. It might be even in Alpha. It doesn't matter if it "sucks" or not, It looks good to me, and I am sure they will improve it later on.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because the modification itself is "Beta"?, hell.. It might be even in Alpha. It doesn't matter if it "sucks" or not, It looks good to me, and I am sure they will improve it later on.
Skyrider it's right , heck look at esf Apha and then look at ESF now you will see the difrent the same whit all hl mods they need lot's of years to practice to become good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It smells.

-GuZzie
Do you have any idea what you're talking about ?
the mod's still on alpha, it looks pretty nice tho. Go and take a look at esf's alpha and come back to talk.

Or maybe you can not harass people in my section instead. --Pride.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My hopes aren't too high for any of the "new DBZ mods:

DB: Heroes for Ut2004: http://www.dbzhood.com/images/ingame/ingame1.jpg
http://www.dbzhood.com/images/ingame/ingame4.jpg

Too cartooney, even for DBZ standards. The Half-life 1 engine could probably render that.
Um...excuse me. I happen to be an animator for DBZHOOD, and I can tell you that this mod is going to have an awesome combat system, better constructed and more balanced than ESF's. The models are turning out nice. I haven't had the chance to add any new animations myself due to GokuSSJ not having answered some crucial questions I need answered. If you've even seen video of that Kame-House map, you'd take back what you said about Half Life being able to render it. That map's lighting is superb, and what GokuSSJ did with the water's look and it's motion is beyond HL's capabilities. Also, HL has serious difficulties with lighting in the first place. The skyboxes are custom as opposed to ESF's defaulted HL skyboxes. This mod is going to be sweet, both in terms of gameplay and in terms of graphics. It actually gives a DBZ feel to the maps, something ESF lacks.

Best answers
My hopes aren't too high for any of the "new
DB: Adventures - The Piccolo model is okay, but the environment caught my eye, with more water and less ground and trees! This mod has potential (graphics wise).

Take note that any one of these could have awesome game play compared to the others, and don't ask me because I don't know monkey-**** about their game play systems.
Then funi gonna feel threatened that they could be losing sells to a good game thats free cause of graphics just like they were against zeq 2.....I wonder if we all sent funi...I mean everyone from esf forums sent a letter for them 2 let them finish zeq 2...would be great...

I hope the melee system in DBS would be surprising...I mean i'm tired of seeing all these dbz mods with poor melee system but I guess if you complain like I do about it you should do it yourself, right? but I speak for I as in me and say I'm to lazy :p so blah

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um...excuse me. I happen to be an animator for DBZHOOD, and I can tell you that this mod is going to have an awesome combat system, better constructed and more balanced than ESF's. The models are turning out nice. I haven't had the chance to add any new animations myself due to GokuSSJ not having answered some crucial questions I need answered. If you've even seen video of that Kame-House map, you'd take back what you said about Half Life being able to render it. That map's lighting is superb, and what GokuSSJ did with the water's look and it's motion is beyond HL's capabilities. Also, HL has serious difficulties with lighting in the first place. The skyboxes are custom as opposed to ESF's defaulted HL skyboxes. This mod is going to be sweet, both in terms of gameplay and in terms of graphics. It actually gives a DBZ feel to the maps, something ESF lacks.
J-Dude, forgive us for being sceptical. However, you can't deny the fact that ESF is one of the few, one of the very, very few DBZ mods that actually had a release, let alone have survived for as long as it has. For a DBZ mod to come out for Source, and for it to be any GOOD would probably be expecting too much. So I'm probably speaking for most of us here when I say "We'll believe it when we see it."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's funny. DBZHOOD is the closest to Dragon Ball Z after Zeq2, in terms of look & feel. ESF is up there, in itself it's a great game, but it doesn't exactly remind me of the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom