Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We already see overhead names and displays in the screenshots using English letters and numbers. It looks to me like it will certainly be multi-language. It wouldn't make sense to make an MMORPG and only let one or two nations take part in it. Not when there are millions of fans the world over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

I believe this info is accurate. I don't think it's lies--and so;

The game's being developed in Japan and Korea. The Beta testing will begin in the summer of this year, and the game's scheduled for release sometime in 2008. Great news--it looks partially completed as it is, so if they're expecting it to take about a year to work out some kinks then it's pretty obvious they're committed to this one.

Currently, there will be at least three playable races, Human, Saiyan, and Namekian, and players will be able to further customize their avatars with a variety of options, including hairstyles, colors, and clothing. Players also have the option to start their journey as a child, allowing their character to age and grow into adulthood as they play the game, much like the main characters of the original series.
I hope they mean Half-Saiyans are available, because I see a Trunks lookalike. Suppose they're offering a large variety of fashion and attire for every race. I just haven't seen a "Vegeta" hairstyle yet. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should be accurate, no one goes on Wiki changing information of an oncoming DBZ online game that no one hardly knows about yet.

Best answers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

.....I hope they mean Half-Saiyans are available, because I see a Trunks lookalike. Suppose they're offering a large variety of fashion and attire for every race. I just haven't seen a "Vegeta" hairstyle yet.... :/
Something like that would really ruin the game, and would make a lot of people not play. The only people that would play, would be those that like the show, or as deep as a puddle when it comes to picking games. In an mmorpg, what is the point of going on EVERYDAY, doing the SAME repetitive task, switching from one to another, to get your character to the state of "supreme superiority", only to turn in pride, and see your world burn down, and the sky fall as a clone of you walks right pass you....but that's what you get for deciding to be another Gohan, eeh?

Keyword is customization and diversity in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

But it's pretty *** when you've been traveling on some huge continent for umpteenth minutes, lost and confused, to think you see the NPC to finish your week long quest, but it's really a 7 year old DBZ fanatic jumping around to his Goku-look-a-like avatar named "XxXx_SSJ23214_GOKU_xXxX"....maybe he'll give you directions?

Think of teh confused n00bs!! A n00bs mind can only take in 50 Goku's running around simultaneously at one time :(.

*POP*

-NPC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something like that would really ruin the game, and would make a lot of people not play. The only people that would play, would be those that like the show, or as deep as a puddle when it comes to picking games. In an mmorpg, what is the point of going on EVERYDAY, doing the SAME repetitive task, switching from one to another, to get your character to the state of "supreme superiority", only to turn in pride, and see your world burn down, and the sky fall as a clone of you walks right pass you....but that's what you get for deciding to be another Gohan, eeh?

Keyword is customization and diversity in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

But it's pretty *** when you've been traveling on some huge continent for umpteenth minutes, lost and confused, to think you see the NPC to finish your week long quest, but it's really a 7 year old DBZ fanatic jumping around to his Goku-look-a-like avatar named "XxXx_SSJ23214_GOKU_xXxX"....maybe he'll give you directions?

Think of teh confused n00bs!! A n00bs mind can only take in 50 Goku's running around simultaneously at one time :(.
If you think a Vegeta hairstyle or a Trunks lookalike would ruin the game then so would all of the Piccolo and Goku lookalikes. If you've seen all of the screenshots then you'd know by now players will be able to customize their characters that way - I've mentioned previously I disagree with it, I think there could've been a more generic, less-customizable look to each race, but it's an MMO - I don't see people complaining about how the classes/races in other MMOs look similar and all, as practically every Orc in WoW looks the same. You're the guys acting like kids about how people aren't going to be "original", and you're continuing to whine about the kazillions of Gokus and Vegeta you'll see, when instead you should just zip your lips and not play, as you're obviously too old to be fans [not too old to watch Naruto, though], too old to play "kiddie" games, and above all, annoyed by the fans. Trust me, a majority of players you'll come across will be able to type as well as you, and will understand what to do.

I use the name Vegeta because I'm a loyal fan. Sue me for it. I'm not ashamed to admit I like the character, and nor am I immature because of it. If I am please state why - from what I've noticed everyone on this forum has named themselves after some fictional character, and have signatures of these characters to go with it. What is the internet for? What's escapism? What's freedom? Figure it out, and stop being hypocritical.

Best answers
I think there could've been a more generic, less-customizable look to each race, but it's an MMO - I don't see people complaining about how the classes/races in other MMOs look similar and all, as practically every Orc in WoW looks the same.
WoW has terrible character customisation, which doesnt make sense for a game with such strong art direction, to me it feels completely half-assed.

In an MMO there's nothing worse than seeing 20 people that look exactly like you, despite how hard you tried to do something different.

I dont care about the Goku and Vegeta clones, I just want there to be more options.

I use the name Vegeta because I'm a loyal fan. Sue me for it. I'm not ashamed to admit I like the character, and nor am I immature because of it.
You are if you like Chris Sabat's Vegeta :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In City of Heroes, I rarely find somebody that looks like me. But I do not expect Dragonball Online to surpass it in customization since that's what CoH is known for.

When people dress themselves as copyrighted characters, like Wolverine or The Hulk, it's basically an embarrassment and they won't get much respect for doing that. If it's too similar, the character is forced to change, or deleted, I forget which.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IIRC the makers of CoH were sued for allowing character look-a-likes. No danger of that here though, DBZ characters in a DBZ game breaks no copyright, and it'll be harder to imitate other series' characters due to the customization options and art style.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WoW has terrible character customisation, which doesnt make sense for a game with such strong art direction, to me it feels completely half-assed.

In an MMO there's nothing worse than seeing 20 people that look exactly like you, despite how hard you tried to do something different.

I dont care about the Goku and Vegeta clones, I just want there to be more options.

You are if you like Chris Sabat's Vegeta :p
Chris Sabat's a great voice actor, I love his Vegeta renditions throughout the series. If you don't, enjoy being among thousands of people who can't identify great acting & dynamic voices. Brian Drummond's an average actor, but his voice only suited Vegeta when he was drawn like a stump with goo for arms; I'm not bias, it's observation, in any case. I sense you're only provoking me so anything further will result in a mute.

About CoH; I heard they weren't sued. But if they were, apparently you're able to customize your characters in a way to resemble those said characters, still. But you mentioned they delete the characters (lol) - I think they could've tried something different--I'd try to reason with Marvel/DC, though.

Best answers
ok, Someone care to brief me in on this?
Is this a mod or something?
Coz all i see in the link is a rar file...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About CoH; I heard they weren't sued. But if they were, apparently you're able to customize your characters in a way to resemble those said characters, still. But you mentioned they delete the characters (lol) - I think they could've tried something different--I'd try to reason with Marvel/DC, though.
They don't delete the character unless you ignore their warnings. They do, however, change your name to Generic[Number], which makes most people not even want to use the character. People create clones for specific events, knowing full well they only have a day or two to screw around before someone reports them or a GM finds them. NCsoft provides all of the GMs, so they're to blame for anything that happens to anyones' character.

Hilariously enough, Cryptic is creating a Marvel MMO, where you're almost guaranteed to see every major Marvel superhero.

Best answers
Chris Sabat's a great voice actor, I love his Vegeta renditions throughout the series. If you don't, enjoy being among thousands of people who can't identify great acting & dynamic voices. Brian Drummond's an average actor, but his voice only suited Vegeta when he was drawn like a stump with goo for arms; I'm not bias, it's observation, in any case. I sense you're only provoking me so anything further will result in a mute.

First of all, it wasn't a serious attempt at provocation (hence the :p)

As for your opinions on VA's, the cast of dbz (especially Chris Sabat) do voices, they dont act. (Ryo Horikawa is the real Vegeta)

A good VA tries to keep as far away from his or her default voice as possible, to avoid recycling the same thing.

When Chris Sabat is voicing a character, you can tell it is him, always, since he doesnt really stray from the lower pitched gruff voices, he just throws accents on them.

I can see from your signature that you're a budding voice actor, which is great (you do a good Chris Sabat), but I reccomend you re-evaluate those you aspire to be like, because its holding you back.

I would personally reccomend people like Maurice Lamarshe, Billy West and Phil Lamarr.

These guys are masters of sonic alchemy, and some of the feats they are capable of are inhuman.

If you're serious about doing VA work, research these guys, and get hold of some of their stuff, if you think Chris sabat is in the same league as these guys, then its you who can't identify great acting & dynamic voices.

Ontopic: @ Vinay87 its a MMO based on Dragonball thats currently in development, that link was to a mod for Ragnarok NOT Dragonball Online.

Best answers
i dont know if this is old or new news but i saw that on myfavouritegames.com that it says we most probably wont have to pay monthly fees

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know if this is old or new news but i saw that on myfavouritegames.com that it says we most probably wont have to pay monthly fees
Thanks for the heads up. Here's the post:

Akira Toriyama will not only be in charge of the character designs (like we mentioned previously), but over the story itself. Player's will be put into an authentic Dragonball world fully designed by Akira Toriyama.

MFG staff member Dino comments on the game's development in Korea "They're typically more fun, and unlike most American MMOs, there are usually no monthly fees. MMORPGs tend to be more popular in Korea than Japan, also".
I don't think these have been posted yet:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh heh, slot 8 looks like Spirit Bomb, wonder how that will work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like I'll need more RAM to play this game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm..I wonder if you are a Saiyan Girl...Can you go Super Saiyan? Because I don't know if the idea of female saiyans lacking that ability will apply here.

Best answers
Akira statet (quite a long time ago) that female saiyans can't go SSJ no matter how hard they train.
Also, we've still to see if even the males can do it in this game :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A DBZ game without transformations is like a book without pages. They'll be in there. Seems a bit unbalanced to restrict female characters in that way though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah, Akira only discluded female Super Saiyans because he couldn't decide how to draw them, if I recall correctly. I think the hair was an issue. But seeing how that was never a point included in the Dragonball plot, it'd be easy to repeal the statement either way.

I get the feeling though that Super Saiyan or other drastic power-ups are going to be something included in like the last boss of the game during a cinematic, and then for that battle only your character fights the final enemy at full power and when the fight's over the game ends.

But if they DO include in-game SS levels, it'll be sweet beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom