Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm....just a thought but once esf will be dead there will probably be a big chance that the forum won't die when it's suposed to cuz of this game, I mean what if the forum goes into a completly new direction like this game, supporting it.
What would be the point of that? The team isn't going to keep the site running forever. Once ESF dies, the forums will eventually be closed, regardless of how much activity there is.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmo's are more than pressing 1-10, i mean depending on how your character is spec'd and geared in wow totally changes your playstyle, not only that, but there are plenty of tactics in both pvp and enviroment, aggro management, kiting, dps, aoe, healing and teamwork, then theres all the other class dependant tactics, all these things aren't simple button pressing.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I am very sure even though the forums "might" die later on, a fan site / forum would be created. Either way, this is going offtopic ^_^.

You people know my opinion about MMO/RPG games, as long it is fun to play.. It is just fine by me.

Best answers
please for the love of god dont be p2p!!!!!!! if anyone finds out if its ftp or not post it here please!!! i think its pretty cool they have an age thing on there, so i can start out at like age 11 and go up to like 70 before i die and start over again? that would be friggen sweet...just hope they have trunks ripped jacket and a sword, then ill be happy

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it says it is currently planned to be released in Korea and Japan, so how would Westerner's be able to play it?

As for the story, it's just an overview. I'm sure the induvidual missions will have appropiate and interesting stories.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it says it is currently planned to be released in Korea and Japan, so how would Westerner's be able to play it?

As for the story, it's just an overview. I'm sure the induvidual missions will have appropiate and interesting stories.
Probably the same way I was able to play Gundam Online, some one who knows japanese will make a guide/walkthrough on how to make an account.

The real question is if the name of items and such are going to be in english like Gundam Online was. If not then it could be hard for anyone who doesn't know japanese to play and thus would be stupid to try and even get it or make an account.

I like how everyone is *****ing about a game thats not even released lol. Its an MMO all MMO's are is grind/quests/level up/talk thats an MMO in a nut shell. The whole goal is to become the strongest and then bring fear to the eyes of other as you walk by them on their screen.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmo's are more than pressing 1-10, i mean depending on how your character is spec'd and geared in wow totally changes your playstyle, not only that, but there are plenty of tactics in both pvp and enviroment, aggro management, kiting, dps, aoe, healing and teamwork, then theres all the other class dependant tactics, all these things aren't simple button pressing.
All of those elements are there, but what it comes down to is you pressing 1-0. I mean, I enjoy that aspect of the game and I enjoy the tactics we need to employ in order to be effective. Don't get me wrong. I just think mmos need more than the standard combat system if the goal is to retain its playerbase, which is why the plot is important.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game has nothing to do with GT - and thank god for that. I meant to say the game has elements from "Z" and Dragon Ball. The game looks a lot more like Toriyama's style, and that's what I found original - adding anything related to GT would ruin the entire experience.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come on people, it's Dragon Ball Z, the last thing we need of a storyline is someone else evil approaching earth.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems like it will be released for other languages. I mean, there's English text in those screenshots after all.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It'll of course be "translated" within time. Like it happens to all those other games, but it might take some time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember this is Dragon Ball Z, not Halo, so don't expect there to be some sophisticated story line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, if you take away the characters and plot for DB/Z then you're left with the universe, and most of the appeal for that universe was created by the two afforementioned points. Take out transformations too and it's even less unique.

TBH i'd prefer a single player MMO-style game (think FFXII) which kept the plot and characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would prefer a Kingdom Hearts sort of gaming engine, DBZ Sagas wasn't what I had in mind.

Best answers
For anyone who's still confused about this:

Dragonball Online takes place 200 years after Goku set off to go train with Uub.
All the main characters from Dragonball/DBZ are in theory, well, dead.
However, some screenshots imply that some of them are still around. Hm.

Trainers, maybe?

More info:

You start out as a kid and, you guessed it, grow up.
I wonder how they'll pull that off. Seems like a great idea to me.

Best answers
I think the age thing is a great way to bridge the gap between the series.

As long as they pull if off correctly.

I can handle starting out young, and maturing, but if my character started turning all Muten Roshi on me, I'd be a little annoyed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it would suck to have to play as an 80-year old before succumbing to a final death....but...

Myfavoritegames said:
It's also explained that Dragonball Online allows gamers to "age their characters" (as shown with the images of Bulma and a Namekian in the 2 scans). More information as it unfolds!!
'Allows' might mean aging is optional, or that you can reverse the ravages of age with technology. Also with the 'Marriage System' you can keep having kids to keep the character 'alive'.

Look out for a Ravendust Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. coming to a server near you!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Marriage system? Does that mean players are allowed to mate with each other, and if so, do they have the ability to opt out of having kids? If so, I can imagine people choosing female characters just to whore themselves out to the highest bidders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom