Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't about the MMORPG situation, right now Atari needs to step away from Dragonball Z game development, maybe companies like Sierra or Ubisoft should take over.

Best answers
hehe, it looks good, and a city of heroes approach would be peeeeerfect, and DBZ just has all the makings of a MMOrpg..the storyline...the charactors... intense fights

yup, if they doit right....im sure it'll bring more than just DBZ fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they ever release a dbz mmo, they need to follow City of Heroes/Villains example by getting rid of "armor" and "weapons" and allowing you to focus on upgrading/enhancing your attacks.
You can have both. But having "visible" changeable armor always makes things more interesting.

I hope if they include transformations, they only stick to Ssj (atleast to begin with) otherwise the Saiyajin's will cause the other classes to become a little redundant.
That's true. They could throw in certain "power ups" and "transformations" for other classes to balance. Think of Budokai--the base stats are all pretty balanced, it depends what kind of gear you equip your fighter with, and what level they are.

I don't about the MMORPG situation, right now Atari needs to step away from Dragonball Z game development, maybe companies like Sierra or Ubisoft should take over

Okay, sorry, but where've you been? Sierra's known for making First Person Shooters, and UbiSoft hasn't made one successful game in... 5 or 6 years? UbiSoft also made a plummeting move with their "Dark Messiah", which was a severe disappointment. An ideal company would be Bandai, or one that's had a lot of experience making MMOs, and successful ones at that.

yup, if they doit right....im sure it'll bring more than just DBZ fans.
That's what I try to tell people. They have all of the concepts needed to make something extraordinary, they just need to put their heads together.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its easy to make it translate to english. All you gotta do is do some Hex Editing, not hard. :rolleyes:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can have both. But having "visible" changeable armor always makes things more interesting.
I meant I don't want to have to fight 4 billion ghosts so I can afford a "+5 chestplate" or something ridiculous like that. Have an extremely in-depth character creation system (Again, like CoH), and you're set.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I meant I don't want the game to basically force you into getting "+5 armor" or something ridiculous like that. Have an indepth character creation system (like CoX), and you're set. If you feel like changing your character at some point during the game, fine. You have the option to change whatever you'd like.

I'd just rather this not become WoW or the mmo's WoW copied.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather every game copy wow than copy some other crappy game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet you would, but I would rather they didn't and try something new instead of delivering the same rehashed crap we've played for the last decade.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wows been out 2 years and its appearently the best mmorpg thats out there. wouldnt hurt them any.

i'd rather it be some rehashed wow crap than some "innovative" half assed DBZ project

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm gonna come right out and say it: this game is going to suck. It is going to suck hard.

Best answers
As a whole, it will probably be a dissapointment.

But as long as the character creation is flexible, people will find the thought of building their own Saiyajin and leveling up to Super Saiyajin too hard to resist.

They would have to try hard to make this a complete failure.

The dbz universe is perfect for an MMO, but I wouldnt be suprised if they try to follow in WoW's footsteps and fail miserably to take advantage of the license. (ie no real flight, boring combat system)

What I dont understand is WoW being the leading MMO, and having a great art department, has probably the most limited character customization of all.

There is nothing more frustrating to me that seeing five people that look exactly like me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its only limited in comparison to city of heroes. most mmos out there dont offer much. like lineage, all lineage offers is a few face options, and hair. just hair, not hair color.

wows got a descent ammount of stuff

but i agree, customization is important to a game for me

i dont really think they could make a dragonball z game that didnt suck as far as mmos go

you wont have any type of advanced combat system, maybe just a few diferant animations for the basic combat, and abilities, but it wont be cool if your not controlling it.

theres so much that they couldnt do to be true to the show and still make the game fun for everyone.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't think it's going to be possible to make a good dbz game until we have the technology to render an entire planet, create craters whenever we either fall from a great height or shoot a beam/knock someone into the ground, blow up skyscrapers, blow up planets, etc etc.

Until that time, we'll always believe it just doesn't live up to the dbz legacy.

Should a dbz mmo try to copy WoW? No, I don't think so. I think it's about time mmos evolved past the left click, press 1-0 system. Tabula Rasa is a good example of a game that's trying to break out of the mold (especially in terms of the freedom you're given in managing your character), and with source material like dbz, there's no reason why it shouldn't be inventive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't remember if you can upgrade armor in CoH/V, but attack upgrading would work well--as far as attacks for a "DBZ MMO", players should be able to choose from a variety of beam and blast type attacks and then upgrade them as they level (without travelling -- from 1-20), and then at level 40 or 50 choose a new set to level or continue leveling their present ones. As for armor; I think players should still be able to purchase new armors, as most "MMO'rs" are used to that routine--the idea of earning armor & prizes through a PvP score (like WoW) would be a good way to keep players interested. I think the idea that, 'the more kills I get, bring me closer to winning a giant spaceship to carry my guild in through space', or 'a chance at fighting one of the strongest Dragon Ball Z characters [Goku] in a stadium battle for more prizes'--implementing the original characters as NPCs would make it even greater; especially as enemies, maybe in those so called "instances". Just thinking about the kinds of things they can do with the "DBZ world" makes me wonder what has actually been considered so far. I doubt a lot, because I get the feeling this game's only been in development for about 5 months and they'll release it in like, 2.

it's going to be possible to make a good dbz game until we have the technology to render an entire planet, create craters whenever we either fall from a great height or shoot a beam/knock someone into the ground, blow up skyscrapers, blow up planets, etc etc.
There's plenty than can compensate for that; like fun gameplay, PvP, storymode-elements, eye candy. But about the "planet rendering"; have you heard of Spore?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's plenty than can compensate for that; like fun gameplay, PvP, storymode-elements, eye candy. But about the "planet rendering"; have you heard of Spore?
None of which, in my opinion, apply to any current DBZ game.

As for Spore, yes, I've heard of it and will probably end up buying it. However, that isn't what I had in mind. I'm thinking San Andreas, except with an infinitely better engine.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually thought it was a joke for the first few seconds...
Wow, they are actually, finally doing it...

Even if it's not 40% accurate to the show it's definatly going to be interesting...and on PC? hell yeah.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its going to be -really- horrrific.

Remember people drooling over matrix online? same situation

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its going to be -really- horrrific.

Remember people drooling over matrix online? same situation
I'm not so sure about that Shijing - Never doubt the Japanese. That's where incredible stories like Dragon Ball originated.

Best answers
I'm not so sure about that Shijing - Never doubt the Japanese. That's where incredible stories like Dragon Ball originated.
You're kidding?, Dbz...Japanese!? :shocked:

It really depends on what the priorities of the developer are, they are probably more interested in making a functional MMO than they are doing justice to Dbz.

If they end up trying to emulate WoW, I think Dragonball would lend itself better to that kind of game structure (kinto-un as a mode of transportation, slower paced fighting etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom