Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
yeah its all good but how long will we have to wait for patches :'(

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its all good but how long will we have to wait for patches :'(
Don't worry. If there is a Dragon Ball Online game in the works, it will be eventually ported to other languages.

I can't find any information about this game anywhere, so I'm thinking that this might be a hoax unless I can find something to prove me wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, yes, yes. It looks OK so far, but if this is just an online fighting game I might not play--I already see two of Goku running around in one of the screen shots. Although I see the word "mmorpg" near the Japanese text. So, I don't know. Great find, this better not disappoint. You know, with all that money, TOEI could help fund this (if they aren't already), and they could at least focus their energy in the right areas; WoW sells, people -- go that direction if you want to revive DragonBall, numbskulls!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wtf those look like WoW icons....

edit

and it looks like a modded WoW UI...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Very nice! Finally some good games being created! :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wow. Finally we get to see an online Dragonball Z game. I wonder how it will be when it's released.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this isn't a hoax and it's only for japanese/korean/chinese.

Than son of a **** =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1, no.

2, dunno if the game would be that much fun if u play 1000 goku's vs 1000 goku's T_t
This is without a doubt just a testing phase, but I'm sure you can customize your characters to look similar to the original Dragonball characters, but I doubt you can play as the trademarked ones--another thing is, based on viewing the screenshots, it seems difficult to say whether the gameplay's going to be fast-paced or instead just like most MMOs--this is the time for the developers to be original, and try their hardest to re-create a Dragonball world. For example; a combo system that actually, visually, resembles the fighting in Dragonball while staying balanced and fun to play, although the traditional style would suffice because the original concepts blow the minds of people already (Toriyama's World > a colorful rip-off of J.R Tolkien). It's not impossible to create some of these fast-paced-DBZ-esque elements, so I'm praying.

There are so many things I already feel they may leave out, and it'll be a total bummer if they don't put some real creativity into it--I have some relief though, as I know Toriyama's assisting the project.

I am going to be outraged if FUNimation & Atari don't bring this to the US; so far FUNimation hasn't released a DBZ PC game, so it'll be the first if they do.

I can't find any information about this game anywhere, so I'm thinking that this might be a hoax unless I can find something to prove me wrong.
Hypotethically; the people who created these images for fun wouldn't gain that much out of this. A hoax? Yeah, I'm sure. It's on a Japanese website, that obvious has its sources for information like this. Don't expect anything to be translated for awhile, as I doubt an even "estimated" release date has been announced.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks mmorpg-ish to me, if it is, could be a game I'd definitely would love to play =] however, the fact that the radar is exactly the same in both pictures makes me question how authentic it really is.

If you noticed he's not wearing Goku's clothes exactly, gloves, different shoes, hair doesn't exactly look spot on either. I really do hope this is true and there's an english version because It'd mean i could find a dbz alternative to WoW :x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't make any from of a conclusion just yet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't make any from of a conclusion just yet.
Agreed. I'm waiting until this plays out a little further before I become involved in any serious discussion about it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
picking from existing characters doesnt seem very mmorpg to me,

youd think they would have it set up like you create your own character from scratch, like pick a race. customize its face and starting armor. and buy new clothes armor down the line, (if your familiar with PSU you'll know exactly what i mean)

of course, like previously said, its extremely early to really determine what exactly it is, (or if it is even real =P)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they ever release a dbz mmo, they need to follow City of Heroes/Villains example by getting rid of "armor" and "weapons" and allowing you to focus on upgrading/enhancing your attacks.

Best answers
If they ever release a dbz mmo, they need to follow City of Heroes/Villains example by getting rid of "armor" and "weapons" and allowing you to focus on upgrading/enhancing your attacks.
You read my mind.

If this is indeed in development, its going to be a hard sell, It will need to feel fast and furious like the show, but retain a large element of stratergy like an mmo should.

I hope if they include transformations, they only stick to Ssj (atleast to begin with) otherwise the Saiyajin's will cause the other classes to become a little redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom