Dragonball Live Action Movie

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd much rather see a CG DBZ movie, ala Advent Children. I can not picture anime looking franchises in live action. On TV, Goku's hair looks normal, because big spiky hair is normal. In live action, it is either going to be big and boisterous or small and inaccurate.

But God knows I will be seeing this either way. It could be the worst movie of the year, but I gotta say a live action DBZ film intrigues me.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It probably will suck, but I doubt that'll stop countless numbers of people from going to see it. From the plot summary we can already see how inaccurate it is.

I say, stop being so negative and give in to your inner dbz fanboy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly. Really, I wouldn't be able to see the point of a CG DBZ movie. It would just be another generic DBZ movie like all the other 13. Like I said, I'd pass completely on a DBZ movie that was just a long version of the Tenkaichi intros. They'd just use the same voice actors, the same...well, everything. I think anyone who wants to see a DBZ movie of this sort isn't looking for more of the same. They (or at least I) want to see the franchise completely rethought, with new actors, REAL actors, movie effects, the whole nine yards. Plus, I for one would love to see it unavoidably recognized in the media. Hell, even if it's made fun of in "The Soup" I'd eat it up! The implications of a DB live-action movie include everything that comes with it. The movie is only half the fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nevermind. I'm not seeing this movie. When they make a movie based off Dragon Ball where Goku goes to school, The Namekian's tried to take over Earth, Mai works for Piccolo, and Gohan dies from Ninjas...there's just something wrong.

http://www.secretsaiyan.com/

[GOKU] 18 years old, Goku is considered uncool and unpopular at school, but he is in fact an extremely talented martial arts fighter who gets rigorous training from his grandfather, Gohan. After the death of his grandfather by the evil Lord Piccolo, Goku finds his destiny in his grandfather's dying request that he find Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls (of which he has one) in order to prevent Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the dragonballs to take over the world. Trained by Master Roshi, aided by Bulma and Yamcha, friends he meets along the way, Goku proves himself a formidable, almost undefeatable fighter. On many dangerous adventures to find the remaining Dragon Balls and thus save the world, Goku conquers physical and emotional challenges, ultimately saving the world but clearly impelled to spend his life searching for the Dragon Balls with his trusty companions...LEAD

[BULMA] 20s, female, pretty, with great intelligence behind her gleaming eyes, Bulma is a determined, competitive young woman whose father's five star Dragon Ball was stolen by Lord Piccolo, and who believes that she can harness their unlimited energy and change the world like Edison or Einstein. Bulma, who has a DBE (a Dragon Ball locator device), teams up with Goku, and with him meets up with Master Roshi and Yamcha as they attempt to collect the missing Dragon Balls before Piccolo can destroy the world. A resourceful and courageous young woman who's also a weapons expert, she overcomes many obstacles with her colleagues, only to find the seven Dragon Balls ultimately snatched from their grasp--but it's clear she's going to continue searching for them with Goku and Yamcha...LEAD

[YAMCHA] 20s, "the bad boy who has no trouble attracting women," he taunts Goku, Bulma and Master Yoshi, who are trapped in a sand cave, rather than helping them with his rope ladder. However, after overhearing Master Roshi's tale of Piccolo once nearly destroyed the Earth and are preparing to do so again, Yamcha has a change of heart and not only helps the three in the desert, but becomes a valuable part of the team. An ingenious young man whose utililty truck is the Swiss Army Knife of trucks--every tool and gear imaginable sprouts from its body--Yamcha joins Goku, Bulma (with whom he becomes romantically involved) and Master Yoshi on their quest to find the seven Dragon Balls before Piccolo...LEAD

[MASTER ROSHI] This older man is a good friend of Goku's grandfather, Gohan, and Goku comes to enlist his help after his grandfather is killed. Although he looks like a beggar, Roshi is one of the world’s most fearsome fighters. Master Roshi begins Goku's rigorous training to prepare him for the adventure of finding and fighting for the seven Dragon Balls to save the world from Piccolo's destructive plan. A wise, somewhat wry man who knows as much about human nature as he does about martial arts, Master Roshi is impressed with Goku's fighting but reminds him of his failings as well. Ultimately, Master Roshi sacrifices his own life in order to destroy Piccolo...LEAD

[MAI] Late 20s, female, her features exotic, sexy but deadly, dressed in gleaming black, with weapons strapped all over her body, she's a martial arts expert and Lord Piccolo's chief enforcer. Crafty and quick thinking, Mai uses her ability to shapeshift near the climax of the movie and takes on the form of Chi Chi, a young martial arts expert who's romantically involved with Goku and later saves Piccolo from Master Roshi's curse; once she is revealed she ends up in the fight of her life.

[LORD PICCOLO] An ancient being who despite his humanoid appearance, is from an alien race determined to take over the world. Piccolo is the cursed ruler of a demonic race who nearly destroyed Earth 2000 years ago, and with the coming of the eclipse and the possession of all seven Dragon Balls, he's prepared to free himself and do the job right this time. Crafty and smart, Piccolo has some disturbing news for Goku, namely that the boy is actually a Saiyan who's destined to join Piccolo as his right hand in destroying and enslaving the planet...LEAD

[CHI CHI] Goku’s lifelong love interest, Chi Chi is an attractive, tom boy-ish young woman who has grown up with Goku. She has studied martial arts and has always suspected that Goku possesses talents that are unusual and extraordinary. After Goku embarks on his journey to redeem his grandfather’s death, Chi Chi meets up with Goku and his crew at a tournament of champions where their mutual attraction finally heats up during a training session.

[GOHAN] Goku's kindly, wise grandfather, he looks like he's in his 70s but moves like Jet Li. An accomplished martial artist who trains Goku on the bow staff, he loves his grandson and is happy to prepare a special feast for him on his 18th birthday, as well as a special gift: a 3 star Dragon Ball. Tragically, Gohan is struck down by the high ninjas of the Namek-Jins, and as he dies he sends his grandson out to do face his destiny and do battle against them...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cmon, this thing can't be true. That's an even worse plot than the other DB movie with Monkey Boy. School? Swiss knife truck? Killed by ninjas? Sounds like the work of Uwe Boll >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
Cmon, this thing can't be true. That's an even worse plot than the other DB movie with Monkey Boy. School? Swiss knife truck? Killed by ninjas? Sounds like the work of Uwe Boll >_>
I'll be more than happy if it's not true, but if it is, then this movie will go down in history as the main reason why the original creators need to direct and/or oversee the production of a movie adaptation of their work.

I'm looking at YOU, resident Evil!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A plot that tries to put DBZ in a world more similar to ours? I dunno, actually it kind of intrigues me in a strange way :)

I'll be keen to point out the differences, but all the while It'll be interesting. As long as it's got the villains, the heroes and properly portrays their powers, I'm good :D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just watch it as if it were its own movie, and not an adaptation of a previous work. You'll be able to appreciate it more that way. Most hardcore Transformer fans I know (all 2 of them) hated the movie because of how it apparently raped the cartoon, but I didn't think it was too bad, if only because my experience with the cartoon is limited to about 5 minutes of a Saturday morning when I was 7.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vox Dei said:
Just watch it as if it were its own movie, and not an adaptation of a previous work. You'll be able to appreciate it more that way. Most hardcore Transformer fans I know (all 2 of them) hated the movie because of how it apparently raped the cartoon, but I didn't think it was too bad, if only because my experience with the cartoon is limited to about 5 minutes of a Saturday morning when I was 7.
Exactly. Of course, my only experience with Transformers was from some toys I had when I was 6 years old...But yeah, really I don't want to see an exact recreation of the manga or the anime save for the powers, and even then I want to see how they're going to look. I mean, after you've played through the story modes on every 3D DBZ game ever made, a retelling with a few drastic measures taken if anything, sounds more exciting than a precise cinema version of the anime.

All these uncertainties and rumors about the plot just make me crave more and more to see the first trailer, as long as it's more than just the title and 3D models of the Dragonballs floating around while the movie preview guy does his whole dramatic sum-up thing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though i consider myself a transformers fan and watched the old series and all of the new ones + the movies, I really liked the Bay movie :p Though as a Hitman fan, the Hitman movie sucked balls X(, but as a stand alone movie, it was good for people who haven't played the game >_>

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tragically, Gohan is struck down by the high ninjas of the Namek-Jins, and as he dies he sends his grandson out to do face his destiny and do battle against them...
Toriyami signed off on this?

I recall Goku's Oozaru form being hinted as the cause of his death.

This is a complete bastardization.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we're pretty lucky to have who we have behind this. Perhaps these two (Wang, Chow), and Chatwin & Marsters may work well together.

I've been speaking to the extras casting group for a couple weeks. Fortunately, I live 45 minutes from where parts of this move will be shot, so it's possible I'll get in as an extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom