Dragonball Live Action Movie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't spend so much time around here anymore, and the team's giving up on ESF for Naruto, it'd seem, however I thought some of you may be interested to know (if you don't already), that 20th Century Fox is moving forward with the production of their Dragonball film.

The film will take place during the King Piccolo saga in Dragonball [Not Z], it will follow Goku and his friends in their search for the Dragonballs, Goku's battles with enemies along the way, and eventually leading to his battle with the evil Lord Piccolo who's retardedly bent on world domination.

CONFIRMED:

The Crew:

Director ... James Wong ("The X-Files", "Final Destination")

Producer ... Stephen Chow ("Kung Fu Hustle")

Special Effects ... Ariel Velasco-Shaw ("The Nightmare Before Christmas")

Stunt Group ... 87Eleven ("300, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Bourne Supremacy, The Matrix Trilogy")

The Cast:

Goku ... portrayed by Justin Chatwin ("War of the Worlds", "The Invisible") (left)

Lord Piccolo ... portrayed by James Marsters ("Buffy, the Vampire Slayer")

Chi Chi ... portrayed by Jamie Chung ("The Real World")

They're currently casting extras for some scenes (shot in Mexico City). If you're nearby, and you're interested in participating, contact me for info and office lines.

Anything below this point is partial speculation and rumor:

"The 20th Century Fox studio is expected to shoot three big-budget movies in Montreal over the next year; each has a budget of at least $100 million. The films are the Night at the Museum sequel Another Night, Independence Day director Roland Emmerich's remake of the sci-fi flick Fantastic Voyage and a big-screen adaptation of the Japanese manga Dragonball Z."

Plot outline:
"A young boy named Goku seeks out upon his grandfather's dying request to find the great Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls (of which he has one) in order to prevent Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the Dragon Balls to take over the world."

Bulma ... portrayed by Camila Sodi ("Mexican Entertainment TV program")

Directors, Producers, Stunts and Heroes Star James Kyson Lee auditions for role of Yamcha

^ This guy wants to be Yamcha.

"The Dragon Ball movie will adapt stories from Dragon Ball Z. The movie will start filming by end of 2007 (shooting in Montreal according to unconfirmed sources) and is scheduled to release in August 2008.

Stephen Chow, a long time fan of Dragon Ball, will produce the movie. James Wong of “The X-Files” and “Final Destination” fame is the director."

"Wong will not only direct the film, but he also rewrote an earlier script that was submitted by Ben Ramsey (The Big Hit). According to The Hollywood Reporter newspaper, the story centers around the alien Goku as an adult as he protects Earth — the very planet he was sent to destroy. Chatwin is training under the stunt firm 87Eleven (The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy, 300). Other roles are still being casted. Previous reports have indicated that shooting will take place near Montreal, Canada and in Mexico, and that Heroes actor James Kyson Lee is auditioning for the role of Yamcha."

Creature/character design / Animatronics / make-up ... Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc. ("Alien, Predator, Tremors, Santa Clause ...) http://www.studioadi.com/

SET SHOTS (TAKEN BY AN EXTRA):

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i293/liveactiondragonball/newdbsetpicbig.jpg

I can update this with news, or let me know if I've left anything out. I'm too lazy to remember.

Funny Photoshop edits of the cast (to see what the actors may look like in their roles):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyxZlOLRxQ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How quaint, I don't have faith in this movie.

Best answers
I hope it works well. Chi-Chi looks more like a hoe than an overprotecting mom and wife.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this film will suck donkey nuts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel he gives anarchy a bad image. Anarchy would be fantastic if everybody in the world/country with anarchy were nice, honest people.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think his goal is to represent your typical anarchist bravado.

If you watched the original Japanese version of Dragonball... you'd see Piccolo was a ruthless bastard.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
actually eric bana would have a good roll for vegeta(someone says it will be jet li...but he's too skinny...vegeta need to be more meat and bigger bone)

and chichi is,.........jamie chung?????? and bulma is??????? even ashley tisdale would have a better roll.....

eric bana for vegeta

ashley tisdale for bulma

megan fox for chichi

PS: but still i wont give any credit for this movie...the legend shell not remake

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't agree with any of you choices but Megan Fox should be in every movie, if even for a moment.

I was kind of hoping if a dbz movie were ever made, it'd be entirely in CG. None of the actors up there really stand out as being great at what they do, but I've also had limited exposure to them so I may be way off. Hopefully the fx will carry along what will in all probability be a mediocre movie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't agree with any of you choices but Megan Fox should be in every movie, if even for a moment.

I was kind of hoping if a dbz movie were ever made, it'd be entirely in CG. None of the actors up there really stand out as being great at what they do, but I've also had limited exposure to them so I may be way off. Hopefully the fx will carry along what will in all probability be a mediocre movie.

Blah. Every DB movie save for one crappy ultra low budget one nobody really remembers has been animated. I crave something RL. Now, CG as in Beowulf CG, you're getting warmer, but I want something genuinely fresh, something that's NOT a cartoon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The goku that fought king piccolo was a kid.

This movie is making so many things go wrong.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blah. Every DB movie save for one crappy ultra low budget one nobody really remembers has been animated. I crave something RL. Now, CG as in Beowulf CG, you're getting warmer, but I want something genuinely fresh, something that's NOT a cartoon.
Eh...CG is exactly what Beowulf, most of 300 and Advent Children were. It's realistic enough that they look passable as people, but not so realistic that the special effects look ridiculous, which is bound to happen in a live action dbz movie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it were done to look like REAL human characters I'd be fine, but I really wouldn't be too terribly thrilled by an hour and a half long version of the Tenkaichi intros...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
James Kyson Lee should get the role for Yamcha in my opinion. I can't really comment on anyone else. I can't even imaging who's going to play Krillin, or how that person is going to look without a nose...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as this movie doesn't turn out to be another Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins in the making, I might go see it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as this movie doesn't turn out to be another Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins in the making, I might go see it.
If that's the movie I saw a long long time ago with a main villain being that alien that could shoot lightning then I have but only 1 thing to say, It had a nice Roshi :p

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The actor's are decent. The crew, director, and producer seem competant. What's not to like?

Of course, you can't trust anything anyone says about the plot. Partly because stuff like that changes up until the last minute and partly because media journalists are so full of crap that it's coming out of their ears.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The actor's are decent. The crew, director, and producer seem competant. What's not to like?

Of course, you can't trust anything anyone says about the plot. Partly because stuff like that changes up until the last minute and partly because media journalists are so full of crap that it's coming out of their ears.
No kidding. So what if EW gives it a "C" when it comes out? We get a live-action movie! People will see the trailer for this in action movie previews for the next 8 months!

I'm satisfied to get anything at all. I'm sure there might be jarring plot elements, like Goku never being shown as a child, or Piccolo being the only villain, but I expect such things considering they want the first series out of the way so that DBZ can be ushered in in the next three films.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Exactly what you said - the plot.

And I don't know DBZ served its purpose as a cartoon (OMG ITS AN ANIME STFU MAGUS) but as a movie..I dunno man, this might get ugly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom