Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale game quality & ESF

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sky probably moved the thread because it was related to that arcade game more than ESF itself. The renaming made it a little more informative ^^.
Indeed.. unless I am mistaken, feel free to correct me regarding my actions :p.

From my point of view, this is more related to the new DBZ game than ESF.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ahhhh you guys derailed my thread, got it moved and renamed :/
I dont think you guys are understanding what im trying to get across, and are accusing me of alot of negative things.
Can you please point out where i wasnt suggesting but dictating how the team should make their mod?
Can you please point out where i said that ESF is unoriginal?
I'm not accusing you of anything. Except your thread sucks and it has a premise that sucks too.

"HAY GUYS I THINK THIS ONE GAME I HAVENT PLAYED SHOULD USE SOME THINGS FROM THIS OTHER THING I HAVENT PLAYED"

oh and DBGT is horrible, not saying DBZ is great, but get out.

Best answers
meh, next time ill be more direct...being polite dosent work.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, next time ill be more direct...being polite dosent work.
Ignore the Num Nums. You don't need to stop being polite just because someone gets a kick out of angering you.

The fact of the matter is, Esf and Zenkai are two VERY different types of games. One is built for arcades for a fixed number of competitors and is based on Tenkachi series of gameplay, which i basically 2D combat on 3D plane, while the other is made for 16+ players with completely freeform aiming and movement.

I can understand about your train of thought pertaining to seeking "inspiration" from more professional game creators, what is currently being done in Esf is way more innovative then any Dbz game that has been out to date. Also, why should the team look towards any other Dbz game for animations and such when the best source is the anime itself. And can you really vouch for the developers whose games you will never be able to play?

Best answers
Thx.
What i meant by the arcade dev team being professionals wasnt to imply that the ESF team are amateures (they are just as pro if not moreso), i meant that they are professionals so people would not take them lightly and dismiss them as a dev team making a ****y arcade game.
And the whole inspirations thing, i was hoping the ESF team would look at the arcade game which no one can say looks horrible and even if they just like the way they handle skyboxes or something as simple as a beam effect for example and in turn it inspired the ESF team to go and add/change the energy beams for the better then mission accomplished.

I didnt mean "UR GAME SUX, DELETE IT START OVER AND MAKE THE ARCADE GAME!", obviously there are limitations to the arcade game same with ESF theyre on the HL1 engine(cant believe it), point is no one as of yet in the history of mankind has made a DBZ game 100% true to the anime and if another team working on a random DBZ game found some innovative way to get 1% closer then why shouldnt that be something thats shared no one said anything about copy&paste.

editlol
see if you would have just called us asshats we could have avoided all of this.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Personally I think given our limitations what we've done so far is pretty amazing in and of itself. This new game may look nice and all, but its still just an arcade game with set characters and more of the same from budokai tenkaichi series gameplay. While looking at other games does help with seeing how they did such and such thing, we tend to like doing our own thing and try to be more original with ideas. Our main resource for reference is indeed the anime/manga though(more-so toward the anime).

For what little resources the hl1 engine has given us, our character models and stuff look pretty accurate compared to most other sources, as well as maps/enviroments. I also believe our gameplay, being unique in of itself, is prob as close to the feel of dbz combat as you could probably get in terms of a game. We've given players way more freedom to be able to do things a lot closer to the anime than any of the console games have, but i doubt anyone could ever get a game to be 100% accurate with the source. DBZ is far too chaotic to do right and make gameplay balance out, the end result would be a terrible game thats so unbalanced no one would want to play it.

Either way, thank you for posting about this game, I dont believe ive seen this one before, so was nice to look at.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tacos are amazing. Almost as awesome as waffles. But tacos really rule.

That aside, yes this does look like a fun game, don't know how it could inspire the ESF team though as ESF final looks leagues better in comparison.

buuut yeah, tacos. Rule.

Oh and one more thing. The cake. Is a lie.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Yeah, it actually existed. Who would've thought.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I will continue to ignore this game's existence unless I see a console port, don't care if it's now, or 2014.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It only has 4-Man battles from what I seen anyway.

btw shouldn't this be in Video Gaming?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[2] Like ESF Final better ^^
If it were at least 16 players and PS3 or Xbox would be interesting, Yet Japanese are very lucky, did not deserve the tsunami or the earthquake.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't understand how you like ESF better when you haven't played the alternative. Unless you live in Japan.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
A game that can only be played with four players and still only in Japan, I have to find the best thing ESF :fight:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Considering how the game looks and the obvious amount of money put into the game, they'll port it after a year or two's stint in the arcades. And the U.S. will eventually buy it and sell it out here.

Personally, I think ESF would be alot better but as no one is really sure if it'll ever be released, I'll definitely be hoping that this game is stolen and leaked out over the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom