Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale game quality & ESF

Best answers
yea man!
to me its the best dbz game ive ever seen and ive played many dbz games from the original gameboy to the ps3/360/pc
next to ESF of course :p
Im hoping this might inspire the ESF team a bit :)

EDIT:

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC4Lc4VXCoI

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'd certainly love for it to come to PC. Kinda looks like they saw ESf and said "Man, we got to make a DBZ game like that."

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is that coming to the States? It looks like one of those arcade machines that will only see light in Japan.

Doesn't look that great anyway in my opinion.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't that the Dbz game Namco is making for Arcades? And isn't is only available in Japan?

Yes, and it stinks a lot more for it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a japanese arcade game. It is not made for ANY consoles. And a thread about it was made weeks ago.

Best answers
i have a problam with Earth's Special Forces

i allready installed the game and all and i have STEAm on my pc and i have only counter-strike 1.6 installd and when i double click on Earth's Special Forces it open the counter-strike

please can anyone help me fix this problam

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need Half-life 1 and Half-life 1 alone. No other game will run it.

Best answers
game info at the top of my link answers alot of the simple questions that have been asked here.
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Platform: Arcade
Genre: 3D Fighting
Origin: Japan
Release: April 2011

i was posting this here in hopes of it giving some inspiration to the ESF team.
the people making the arcade game are professionals and im sure this isnt their first dbz game, alot of the ideas seen in the few screens and trailer thats out show great promise.
Im not sure why its being doubted, havent ever seen a dbz game like that!
its very refreshing and alot more innovative and accurate to the DBZ way of fighting then all of those "street fighter" style DBZ games, budokai/burst limit. There isnt anything really wrong with those games but ****! how many times are they gonna make the same game over again?
weve had games with that style since the snes and the only innovative dbz game i remember with the street fighter style was hyper dimension which had alot of cool ideas, they should have kept the series and made at least a sequel.

Like i said Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale is a very fresh and innovative game and im hoping as a DBZ fan that this will inspire the ESF team even if only a small amount.
Im hoping this will help the team capture what it is to be a Z fighter and fight to save the world or the complete opposite. There are already plenty of DBZ games out there that really dont capture that feel and that feel is what makes DBZ stand out from the ordinary fighting game!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
game info at the top of my link answers alot of the simple questions that have been asked here.
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Platform: Arcade
Genre: 3D Fighting
Origin: Japan
Release: April 2011

i was posting this here in hopes of it giving some inspiration to the ESF team.
the people making the arcade game are professionals and im sure this isnt their first dbz game, alot of the ideas seen in the few screens and trailer thats out show great promise.
Im not sure why its being doubted, havent ever seen a dbz game like that!
its very refreshing and alot more innovative and accurate to the DBZ way of fighting then all of those "street fighter" style DBZ games, budokai/burst limit. There isnt anything really wrong with those games but ****! how many times are they gonna make the same game over again?
weve had games with that style since the snes and the only innovative dbz game i remember with the street fighter style was hyper dimension which had alot of cool ideas, they should have kept the series and made at least a sequel.

Like i said Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale is a very fresh and innovative game and im hoping as a DBZ fan that this will inspire the ESF team even if only a small amount.
Im hoping this will help the team capture what it is to be a Z fighter and fight to save the world or the complete opposite. There are already plenty of DBZ games out there that really dont capture that feel and that feel is what makes DBZ stand out from the ordinary fighting game!
And ESF is ESF. We will not be mimicing others. We simply do what we come up with and offcourse user suggestions.

But if you want me to start on that game. Yes its great. BUT its also more or less a copy of Tekken tag team (or what ever the title for the tekken with 2 VS 2 matches with team mate comboes was). Its not as innovative as you may think. Its just a different ripoff from an already existing game. One that was out YEARS ago.

Nothing really wrong with that in itself as yes it kinda fits DBZ. But does it fit ESF? Not really. Its still a platform based 2D fighter game with little to no precise control over the characters or their movements. Its Budokai 3 shifted on to another engine and mixed with a Tekken game.

So in the end it still comes down to the following. The game you show for us to use as an "inspiration source" is yet another 2D fighter style game like all the rest of DBZ games and has nothing in common with ESF. One can hardly use ideas from a game which is made at core with an entirely different gameplay setting.

In a way us taking gameplay tips from that game would be like Valve taking gameplay tips from Street Fighter when they were working on HL2.

Best answers
What i meant by inspiration ranges from something as small as a simple animation or ground destruction effects to actual gameplay mechanics things that influence the feel of the game.
None of us have played the arcade game so most of what i say comes from my experience playing DBZ games throughout history, watching the show, and my own personal interests's'.
I find it hard to believe that nothing at all from the arcade games pics or vids makes u feel good inside or is at all inspirational.
You realize that the game your coming up with is also nothing new (the basis of your game) and your going off the things you think are cool/good ideas from watching Dragonball/Z/ even maybe GT and from the games youve played. You also know what not to do from dbz games youve played and disliked.
The same goes for any company making a DBZ game, theyre taking what they saw and trying to recreate the feel in a game.

I was hoping this would get peoples minds going and ideas cooking!
from what ive seen of the arcade game its very cool and having played tekken tag and marvel vs capcom 2 where u have team vs. battles, DBZ zenkai battle royale did not once make me think of those games or their play styles lol. For one its similar to zeq or bid for power in the sense that u control ur character in 3d not 2d in that "street fighter" style.
but hey!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, alot of this stuff can't be done on the old HL Engine. What they've already did is amazing, stuff no one would believable. And no, most DBZ games don't capture the feel, ESF is the closest I've come to feeling like it's DBZ. ZEQ is decent, but Bid for Power sucked.

Skmanga, I'm sorry, but if you think ESF is another generic DBZ game, you haven't played it. It's the farthest thing from it. No DBGT or movie stuff will be in it, either.

Have you even watched the latest videos? I don't think you have.

[video=youtube;2wipyoYdawI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wipyoYdawI[/video]

I don't think you, or anyone else really has the right to tell them how to make a game based off DBZ, as they've done amazing so far. You can suggest yes, but you're making claims like ESF is unoriginal, the devs don't know what they're doing, and that you're right. You're not suggesting...you're telling, there is a huge difference.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Thread renamed + moved to the proper section :).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, alot of this stuff can't be done on the old HL Engine. What they've already did is amazing, stuff no one would believable. And no, most DBZ games don't capture the feel, ESF is the closest I've come to feeling like it's DBZ. ZEQ is decent, but Bid for Power sucked.

Skmanga, I'm sorry, but if you think ESF is another generic DBZ game, you haven't played it. It's the farthest thing from it. No DBGT or movie stuff will be in it, either.

Have you even watched the latest videos? I don't think you have.

[video=youtube;2wipyoYdawI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wipyoYdawI[/video]

I don't think you, or anyone else really has the right to tell them how to make a game based off DBZ, as they've done amazing so far. You can suggest yes, but you're making claims like ESF is unoriginal, the devs don't know what they're doing, and that you're right. You're not suggesting...you're telling, there is a huge difference.
That's a lot of brown nosing. Do you even know what a "generic DBZ game" is? ESF could, and does easily fall under that category.

Best answers
Ahhhh you guys derailed my thread, got it moved and renamed :/
I dont think you guys are understanding what im trying to get across, and are accusing me of alot of negative things.
Can you please point out where i wasnt suggesting but dictating how the team should make their mod?
Can you please point out where i said that ESF is unoriginal?

Im going to quote myself in hopes of clearing this big mess:

"edit: also just wanna let you guys know that what you are doing with the half life 1 engine is amazing!!!
ive come to realize after all of these years that mouse+keyboard is what you need to truly capture the feel of a DBZ fight.
theres nothing really else out there like what you guys have, and so far just from some vids and screens you guys seem to have
the best and most authentic DBZ game ever in the works (in the gameplay dept. at least)!!
seriously u dont get to control a dbz character the way you seem to be able to in ESF:final in any other game out there!
oldschool BFP or zeq 2 might be in the same ballpark but you guys are really taking this to a new level making a fun, rewarding, in-depth and challenging dbz game"

Some of you are a bit too over protective and give the feeling that you would protect the ESF team before ur own children :D!
I was posting a game i happend to find a while back in hopes that even by just watching the trailer or checking out the screens the team would be inspired even if just a smidge and it would translate into a better ESF. (NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH ESF AS OF NOW ITS JUST THAT NOTHING IS PERFECT AND THERES ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT).
You guys might have mistook my defense of the arcade game as an attack to ESF and also my terminology, in my opinion theres a difference between a "Game" that is being created by paid professionals within a certain time frame being made for profit, and a "Modification" being made by a group of ppl that can range from amatures to pros who are creating a modification of the Half Life 1 engine, on their own time and money for fans of DBZ for free.
Which also has no indication of the quality of the final product neither does being on a paid professional game dev team. Both the arcade game and ESF could suck once released even tho i seriously doubt it :)

Is it so bad to try to share something i found awesome to a group of people i find awesome in hopes of making them even more awesome?!?!?

Way to throw me under the bus Mkilbride, we started off on such a good note!
For the record ive seen every ESF video there is to see multiple times i dont get why u claim what you do. i also know there wont be any DBGT content in the mod that does not mean that dbgt cant influence any of the decisions the team makes about their mod.
Also if this has influenced anyone against me i do own a legit copy of HL1 and HL2, matter of fact i own all of the orange box legally, i just havent wasted my time to validate it on the forum when the mod isnt even out.
I could say a lot more of whats on my mind i just dont want this to get any worse then it already has >_<

Also this thread could have stayed on the main board if people understood what i meant from the start and didnt waste their time posting off topic.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky probably moved the thread because it was related to that arcade game more than ESF itself. The renaming made it a little more informative ^^.

Both the ESF and the arcade game team have an idea of what they're after. There are a few similarites but they're going in two fairly different directions. The arcade one being more ground based with fewer players, along with multiplayer/engine differences. Suggestions are welcome but, as Grega's said, the team would like to have their own take at things without trying to copy other games too much.

I doubt I'll ever see one of those arcade machines, anime stuff rarely makes it to the UK ^^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom