Dragon Ball Z - Things You Didn't Like

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Way to completely kill the excitement.
There's excitement to a certain point. But when they pass by so many opportunities it just made me think "Are these guys ****ing stupid?"

Not to mention that it gets dragged out by doing this. Another thing I dislike about DBZ.

And as for Guru, he wasn't killed by Frieza. He died because of what he did (if what you say is true), but he wasn't directly killed by him. That just doesn't make much sense for me.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention that it gets dragged out by doing this. Another thing I dislike about DBZ.

And as for Guru, he wasn't killed by Frieza. He died because of what he did (if what you say is true), but he wasn't directly killed by him. That just doesn't make much sense for me.
It's supposed to create suspense and whatnot. If you're a super nerd (like me) and have watched all of DBZ multiple times they do explain why some characters in some battles give up opportunities, but in the end you just gotta accept it as part of the story.

You don't complain that Isildur didn't destroy the ring when he took it from Sauron's finger, cause if he did the whole story would've just not existed. Point is some things you just need to accept for what they are.

Guru died because of a broken heart that all his namekian children were being slaughtered (that was explicitly stated). Goku asked Kami if such an indirect way of being killed would be reversable by a dragon ball wish, apparently the answer is yes. Another thing you just need to accept.

Anyway, my dislikes of dragon ball, essentially as most people have said the long dragging out of stuff (30 episodes of Goku vs. Frieza is obscene). I also didn't like how it became Dragon Ball Saiyans after a while and all the other Z fighters essentially became useless (characters who were awesome in dragonball and the early parts of Z). I also very much hated Goten and Trunks, them turning ssj at like 7 and 8 was like raping a 4 year old with a tree branch.

Best answers
Yeah, even before the Namek saga, we see Vegeta blow the **** out of a planet.
Arlia was filler.

As for things I don't like about the show (Putting what FUNimation did to it aside)

-The filler for one, even ignoring the Garlic jr. and Anoyoichi Budokai arcs, just the way meaningless padding ruined the pace of the series.

-The Super Saiya-jin power up was too high, only Piccolo was able to keep up at the beginning of the Jinzoningen arc, everyone else was shelved.

-The Boo arc, I liked the return of the more mystical elements of Dragonball, but that didn't stop it from feeling tacked on.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Guru died because of a broken heart that all his namekian children were being slaughtered (that was explicitly stated). Goku asked Kami if such an indirect way of being killed would be reversable by a dragon ball wish, apparently the answer is yes. Another thing you just need to accept.
Not all of them were killed by Frieza. A lot of them were killed by Vegeta.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dzamija said:
Yeah, Frieza killed him. He died as a result of Frieza's actions.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not all of them were killed by Frieza. A lot of them were killed by Vegeta.
Yeah, pretty sure it was mentioned how those ones weren't revived by the Dragon (on earth a bunch of Nameks were trying to figure out where the Nameks from one village were, when Vegeta burst out laughing cause it was the village he had wiped out).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hated the Tell Sell style of powering up in the series. "If you call within 15 minutes, you get a Freeza Level 2 for free. BUT WAIT! There is more! Pay with your credit card and he will evolve to Freeza level 3! And if that isn't enough, use this special member card to make him go to his final form! Last but not least, we also have a special action now, he will go up to 50% of his power. If you take the full package, we will also send you Freeza final form, 100%...FOR FREE! Call now!"

You know..the constant power ups coming from nowhere. And when you finally thought someone was gonna die, he'd rise again, say that he will now stop the toying and go full power. Power up, and then the whole thing repeats...again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hated the Tell Sell style of powering up in the series. "If you call within 15 minutes, you get a Freeza Level 2 for free. BUT WAIT! There is more! Pay with your credit card and he will evolve to Freeza level 3! And if that isn't enough, use this special member card to make him go to his final form! Last but not least, we also have a special action now, he will go up to 50% of his power. If you take the full package, we will also send you Freeza final form, 100%...FOR FREE! Call now!"

You know..the constant power ups coming from nowhere. And when you finally thought someone was gonna die, he'd rise again, say that he will now stop the toying and go full power. Power up, and then the whole thing repeats...again.
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom