Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Meteor/Tenkaichi 3 [PS2/WII]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DB Krillin and GT Goten; leaks or fakes?

You can tell those are fake. The proportions are crap. They look really unprofessional. If you look closely at Goten you'll notice that's just the Goku/Goten model, edited. Aside from that, I would say it's an average attempt. But really, know what you're doing before attempting something like this.

Best answers
You can tell those are fake. The proportions are crap. They look really unprofessional. If you look closely at Goten you'll notice that's just the Goku/Goten model, edited. Aside from that, I would say it's an average attempt. But really, know what you're doing before attempting something like this.
Looking closely, not seeing the "Goku/Goten model, edited"

I'd say if it's fake (Which I only assume because there's almost no info on this game as of lately) that it's a pretty good attempt. Proportions are fine, watch DB/GT sometime.

Best answers
Look guys we can all agree I have played all the dbz budokai's and i own them all, the nations went crazy for tenkaichi 1 when they realized that you could fight in a fully 3d emviroment and Tenkaichi 2 was just an upgrade of it, like dbz ecx (i think thats it's name) is to esf, there was alot of added things like moves, characters and the story mode was suprisingly familier to that of budokai 3. so they must have some pretty good ideas for them to take it anouther step beyond.

Best answers
and the picture of goten and krillen are definetly fake krillens head is to pionty, and Gotens eyes are from Gokus in BT2 and his arm is to thin (trust me this is fake becausae the artists for budokai are perfectionists).

Best answers
Don't double post, edit your first one to include your second post.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't double post, edit your first one to include your second post.
And bake me some apple pie too while you're at it.

But yeah, I'm kind of hoping that the new character are not counting/including the transformations of the current confirmed new characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, you know how it is at Spike, characters and transformations are counted as one and the same. I thought they were pretty good fakes *shrugs*

mf29 said:
Where did you get them from?
If I told you that, they wouldn't send me free stuff anymore ;O

Best answers
I have failed to see a B or Bt with any good story line. Only one that passed for me was Budakai 3. It was ok and i liked the arcade fighitng system in that. Ya the BT series figthing is new and fun but....this might make me wanna get a Wii even more. Btw i havent read this whole thread but do we know release date?

Best answers
(trust me this is fake becausae the artists for budokai are perfectionists).
The Super Buu from Budoukai 3 was just way too slim and his torso had almost no muscle marks. Looked more like Evil Buu to me, just pink. =X

But yeah, they really perfectionized everything in tenkaichi 2, graphics-wise. <3 Can't wait for 3! :eek:

And I hope they don't make the combat system more simple than the one in tenkaichi 2, I always found budokai 3's combat system more entertaining, but I guess that's just me. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All most people seem to focus on are the characters they're putting into each new installment. If figure you can only have some many before a strong sense of "who the **** cares" starts to set in. King Cold? Great, smashing, brilliant... but are a couple new characters enough to make this worth checking out? I was playing BT2 this weekend, and it was okay once you got the hang of it, but it still sucks balls next to the feel of playing something like ESF (I know we all know it's a great mod and I'm preaching to the choir, but the comparison is a valid one).

Let me know when they grow past their awkward up/down, left/right, forward/backwards flight controls, and let you fly around as you see fit. Seamless maps are another must. FF has had them for years, so I don't see why BT doesn't have them yet. Lose the stupid combo attacks too. Charging up and pressing three buttons to unleash a killer attack, even if it is avoidable, is just stupid. Chaining combos yourself with quick reflexes and practice is far more fun, and much more rewarding. I really think there's something to be said for the fact that they have taken no cues from the fan made mods as to what we (the fans) want from a game...

But I guess if they did it all, it would cost more, and then there would be nothing new to add in the next cash grab game they make.

That turned into a bit of a rant there, sorry. At least the graphics were pretty!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basslover722 said:
Btw i havent read this whole thread but do we know release date?
15th September :O

I don't want to say that seems rushed...but that seems rushed. I suppose they want to get it out the door before more people buy PS3's.

Best answers
Not new just scan rips =P, but high def scan rips so much obliged.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf, I can't believe they are making another one so soon. I hope to god the multiplayer will be better. Anyone know if they will add more then just 2 people fighting at once?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If a sequel can make it's predecessor look bad by comparison, it's succeeded. Budokai 3 > Budokai 2 > Budokai 1, BT2 > BT1, Buu's Fury > Legacy of Goku II > LOG1. Why? Because each game got a little deeper without making it overly complex. The fighting system was constantly improved on to make it balanced and smooth. If the developers want this game to succeed then they'll need to do the same. BT2 was, imo, the best DBZ game to date (including ESF), it'll be a hard one to top.

They need to make teleporting easier, like loosen up on the timings a bit but give it some kind of ki cost (like Budokai 3). That or give us a tutorial where we can practice teleporting out of different situations because I still have trouble teleporting out of the way of beams.

Create-a-character would make me buy this game on the day of release. DBO got a lot of interest because of it. Combine it with online play (not just passwords) and they have themselves a BT2-topper.

That map's in the Wii version of BT2, it's just empty space with a planet in the skybox iirc.

EDIT: More translated info from the scans;

They're including a lot more popular characters? I'd have thought anyone remotely popular is in there already, given that most Z fans find DB characters 'dull' and GT characters 'lame' and Z has been milked dry. That said, if they add GT Goku, Rildo and the other Shadow Dragon's, GT's story mode will be pretty much complete (and much longer).

Anyone care to place bets on the remaining 12 character slots? I think it's a given that King Vegeta will have an Oozaru form as all the other Saiyan warriors did. Here's mine (in order of likelyness);

1. Oozaru King Vegeta
2-4. GT Goku (Base/SSJ/SSJ3, SSJ4 is now a trans rather than a seperate character)
5-7. Rildo (Base/Mecha/Sigma)
8-9. Eis Shenron (Blue/Ice)
10-11. Nova Shenron (Red/Magma)
12. Dr. Wheelo (robo)

Although the scan says 'over 150', so other possiblities include;

Bio-Broly
SSJ Broly (no headband)
Oceanus Shenron
Naturon Shenron
Haze Shenron
Rage Shenron
GT Vegeta (SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ4 is now a trans instead of a seperate character)
Golden Oozaru (as an alt costume for Oozaru)
Android #14
Android #15

Sorry for poisoning your game ;o
Someone else's perspective.

Characters

* DB: 34
o Kid Goku DBZ (Great Ape)
o Kid Krillin
o Master Roshi (Full Power)
o Kid Chi Chi
o Emperor Pilaf [in the machine]
o Mai [in the machine]
o Shu [in the machine]
o Namu
o Giran
o Teen Yamcha
o Bacterian
o Man-Wolf
o Master Shen
o General Blue
o Silent Ninja Sergeant Major Purple Murasaki
o Mutaito
o Demon King Piccolo
o Cymbal
o Drum
o Tambourine
o Piccolo Jr.
o Metallic
o Android #8
o Teen Chi Chi
o Grandpa Gohan
o Akkuman (Devil Man)
o Mummy
o Mercenary Tao
o Robo Mercenary Tao
o Demon King Shura
o Lucifer

* DBZ: 187
o Goku (kaioken, SSJ 1, SSJ 2, SSJ3)
o Kid Gohan (great ape[R3, left], unlock potential[R3])
o Teen Gohan (SSJ 1, SSJ 2)
o Adult Gohan (SSJ 1, SSJ 2, Great Saiyaman)
o Ultimate Gohan
o Piccolo (Fuse w/ Nail, Sync w/ Kami)
o Krillin (unlock potential)
o Yamcha
o Tien
o Chiaotzu
o Raditz (Great Ape)
o Vegeta Saiyan Saga (Great Ape)
o Nappa (Great Ape)
o Saibamen
o Cui
o Frieza?s Soldier (alt. Costume can be different race of alien)
o Dodoria
o Zarbon (Transformed)
o Nail
o Moori (namekian hero)
o Guldo
o Recoome
o Burter
o Jeice
o Ginyu
o Frieza (2nd, 3rd, Final Form, 100% Final Form)
o Mecha Frieza
o King Cold
o Kid Trunks (SSJ)
o Teen Trunks (SSJ)- -capsule corp. t-shirt
o Teen Trunks w/ Sword (SSJ)
o Adult Trunks (SSJ, SSJU)
o Dr. Gero
o Android 19
o Android 18
o Android 17
o Android 16
o Android 15
o Android 14
o Android 13 (Super Android 13)
o Cell (Imperfect Form, Perfect Form, Super Perfect Form, Powered Weighted Perfect Form)
o Cell Jr.
o Vegeta Android Saga (SSJ, SSJU)
o Goten (SSJ)
o Supreme Kai
o Kabito
o Majin Vegeta
o Demon King Dabura (Meditated)
o Yamu
o Spopovich
o Yakon
o Pui Pui
o Majin Buu
o Majin Buu (Pure Evil)
o Super Buu (Power Weighted(buff form))
o Super Buu (Piccolo Absorbed, Gotenks Absorbed, Ultimate Gohan Absorbed)
o Kid Buu
o Uub (Majuub)
o Hercule
o Videl (Great Saiyaman #2)
o Garlic Jr. (Max Power)
o Mustard
o Vinegar (Max Power)
o Salt
o Spice (Max Power)
o Ginger (Max Power)
o Sansho (Max Power)
o Nicky (Max Power)
o Bardock (Great Ape)
o Kanassain - -Alien that gave Bardock Special Powers
o Toma (Great Ape)
o Borgus (Great Ape)
o Sugesh (Great Ape)
o Fasha (Great Ape)
o King Vegeta (Great Ape)
o Kid Vegeta (Great Ape)
o Kami
o Dr. Wheelo
o Misokatsun
o Kishime
o Ebifurya
o Turles (Great Ape)
o Rezun
o Lakasei
o Daizu
o Amond
o Cacao
o Lord Slug (Giant Slug)
o Slug?s Soldier (alt. costumes can be helmet and no helmet)
o Commander Zeeun - -Slug killed him
o Commander Dorodabo - -Piccolo killed him
o Angila
o Medamatcha
o Cooler (Final Form)
o Salza
o Doore
o Neiz
o Meta Cooler
o Meta Cooler?s Cyclopean Guard
o Broly (mind controlled SSJ, free will SSJ, Legendary Super Saiyan)
o Kid Broly SSJ
o Bio-Broly (Giant Bio-Broly)
o Bio-Warrior (alt. costumes can be different colors of warriors)
o Paragus (Great Ape) - -Broly?s Father
o Paragus?s Soldier (alt. costumes can be different races of alien)
o Bojack (Transformed)
o Kogu (Transformed)
o Bujin
o Bido
o Zangya
o Janempa (Janemba)
o Hirudegarn (Transformed)
o Minotia - -Tapion?s little brother
o Tapion
o Pikkon
o Arqua
o Chapuchai
o Froug
o Maraikoh

* DBGT: 38
o Kid Goku GT (SSJ, SSJ 3, SSJ 4)
o Vegeta GT (SSJ 2, SSJ 4)
o Adult Goten (SSJ)
o Pan
o Nezi
o Ribet
o Bizu
o Bon Para
o Don Para
o Son Para
o Luud
o Mutchy Mutchy
o Lord Don Kee
o General Rildo (Rildo 1, Rildo 2)
o Baby - -like when he fought Goten
o Baby Vegeta (Baby 1, Baby 2, Great Ape Baby Vegeta)
o Super 17
o Nova Shenron
o Ice Shenron
o Haze Shenron
o Rage Shenron (Giant Rage Shenron)
o Oceanus Shenron (Dragon Form)
o Naturon Shenron
o Syn Shenron (Omega Shenron)

* Character Fusions: 11
o Pilaf/Mai/Shu (Machine Fusion)
o Nezi/Ribet/Bizu (Sigma Cannon)
o Vegito (SSJ)
o Kabitoshin
o Gotenks (SSJ, SSJ 2, SSJ 3)
o SSJ Gogeta
o SSJ4 Gogeta

* What if characters: 16
o Frieza Fourth Form - -Form Cooler Achieves in Cooler?s Revenge
o Cooler (1st, 2nd, 3rd Forms)
o Bulla
o Chi Chi
o Gokule
o Tiencha
o Adult Gotenks (SSJ, SSJ 2, SSJ 3)
o Kid Pan
o Mighty Mask
o One armed Gohan (SSJ)
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585091

Best answers
All most people seem to focus on are the characters they're putting into each new installment. If figure you can only have some many before a strong sense of "who the **** cares" starts to set in. King Cold? Great, smashing, brilliant... but are a couple new characters enough to make this worth checking out? I was playing BT2 this weekend, and it was okay once you got the hang of it, but it still sucks balls next to the feel of playing something like ESF (I know we all know it's a great mod and I'm preaching to the choir, but the comparison is a valid one).
ESF has horrible gameplay it wouldn't sell if it was produced. ESF is more of an achievement and how they were able to turn half life into something totally different. Flying around raping your mouse isn't something to aim for. IMHO.

EDIT: Wow, they really boosted the number of characters...but how many of them do we just not care about :p

Paragus? What the christ? Did he even fight in the movie?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He shinned his little green flash light/Brolly controller. Plus he enslaved an entire planet.

Meh, sounds badass on paper, but I really do not care much for the new characters. It's the combat I'm waiting for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom