Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai for the PSP

Best answers
this might be fun in multiplayer,but only 18 characters !?!?.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sounds really awesome. I just hope they would make the game good, not sucky. All the "Dragonball Z" games lately are all boring. Lack in struggles, transformation at will, and even allot of the original DBZ features are missing. I see only 1 screenshot on the second link, if i am not mistaken. That looks like one of the DBZ games for the playstation 1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like a cross between Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi, could be pretty good.

It doesn't really matter if it's just 18 characters seeing as most of them were really similar anyway. I wonder if that 18 includes forms?

Sound Artist
Best answers
It said there is In-game transformations, so they won't separate all the forms like Tenkaichi and make it seem like theres a multitude of characters.

Best answers
i've played the demo i'ts pretty good nothing like Tenkachi more like the first budikai for the ps2 but now for psp

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It actually looks pretty good, visually, like an arcade style of tenkaichi.

Damn PSP ='(

Best answers
To me, after all the consideration I've taken in about this one, it looks like they just took Tenkaichi off PS2, degraded the graphics a little bit, and put in on PSP, and if you remember Tenkaichi, it started out as this new and innovative game, but after a couple days, it got very, very repetitve, doing the same things over and over again. They basically just tried to make it look good, so people would buy it. But about this game, it looks like a copy off Tenkaichi to me, but I am still definately going to try this one out. If it's more like Budokai 3 than Tenkaichi (like it said on this website, it's suppose to be a mix of both Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi) then I'm sure I will like it, cause I loved Budokai 3 so much.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
It actually looks pretty good, visually, like an arcade style of tenkaichi.

Damn PSP ='(
It's nothing like tenkaichi...so it was said.
Tenkaichi was one of a kind, and it sucked.
It's pretty much a newer version for the original Budokai series (Budokai 1,2,3).
Notice, it's not Budokai 4 or something it's a renew, something like that, thats the meaning of the word 'Shin' in japanese...so I heard in DbzOnPs2 boards XD

But it looks good for psp and thats a fact...
I didnt liked tenkaichi much...and I really wished for Janemba and Pikkon in a game style like the original Budokai's...

I really hope there is a god and they'll make a ps2 version (like they did for GTA: Liberty City Stories)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omgz >_> i cant believe people think tenkaichi has no depth.... Tenkaichi is a great game, i play it with my mates all the time D: the gameplay gets very indepth, took me at least a month to learn how to do everything completely possible. It only gets repetative if you use beams =\ i made a promise with myself never to use them unless my opponent lands with one first. No one can beat me with kid goku >=D kid goku > you all.

However this game graphically looks really awesome, i hope its like tenkaichi rather than budokai, budokai was too easy and repetative, it also didnt have the pace or look of dbz fights... I wish there was a video of this in action =\

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well we cant argue about taste ^^ Tenkaichi was fun for me...at first, then it got repetative and dull but I think that was because the COM cant play >_< I sometimes play with my friends but they got bord and annoyed quickly cause of the split-screen XD
One think I like about Tenkaichi is the huge amount of characters..
=P

Anyway, about that game =O they said it would have a completly new game-play, going more like the original budokai style but they revamped it completly so I think we can expect something new, again ^_^...though... I wish I had PSP now >_-

Sound Artist
Best answers
You're forgetting something VERY important, it's the first online DBZ game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tenkaichi was fun if you had someone to play against. The computer is annoying as hell and hardly ever puts up an entertaining fight.

It'll either melee you to death, or beamspam like a crackhead mother****er.

I enjoyed B3 a lot more, mostly because its unlockables (the Capsules) were far more interesting and useful than the crap you collect in Tenkaichi.

As for Shin Budokai - the only interesting thing it has going for it, IMO, is the multiplayer option, but we'll just have to see how that turns out.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
You're forgetting something VERY important, it's the first online DBZ game.
Tenkaichi?...=oo...wasnt online as far as I know XD

Edit:
Stupid me XD you meant Shin Budokai...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
;p Better just wait it out until you've seen gameplay clips and screens, Ravendust.

Best answers
Well, I know this thread is considered dead, but I don't if I should make a whole other topic, just to tell people this =/. You guys are going to be surprised when you see this review for the game:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/694/694278p2.html
I'm actually surprised, I thought the game would be fun...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O Whoa, wtf? I didn't think it would be that fast-paced and awesome. It's even got this stun move B3 doesn't have, among other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom