this game dosnt look so bad

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might rent it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At first I was really excited to get it, until I saw the previews at IGN. It looks very slow, and trite, I wasn't impressed at all. Of course, it could have been the tester that didn't know how to play, I'm definatley renting it first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^^^^^^ i agree ^^^^^^

although its got a rating of 9.6 on gamespot, so i guess it cant be that bad... its just kinda stupid that people like SV and some others can skin goku better than they can XD

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
^^^^^^ i agree ^^^^^^

although its got a rating of 9.6 on gamespot, so i guess it cant be that bad... its just kinda stupid that people like SV and some others can skin goku better than they can XD
Eh..? They didn't even review it yet o_O God of War only got a 9.2 and people are saying it's the action game of the year, dont think Dragon Ball Z: Sagas is going to get any higher...

Hmm... I doubt I'm going to buy DBZ: Sagas... Doubt I'm going to rent it either... Not sure if i even want to download it ^_^;

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehehehe ^_^ thanks gir, but seriously...im kinda dissapointed from those models =/ i mean, what were they thinking??!
the gameplay looks nice and all...but...i guess overall the game is ok.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry pcjoe, maybe i was reading the wrong place >;o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 9.6 is fan ratings. Bearing in mine 98% of DBZ fans are going to be like 'OMFG DBZ GETZ A 10!!1 LMAO!1!1' it's hardly anything to go by :S

To me, it looks like Jak and Daxter gone bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hardly any effort was put into this game... I am noticing several bugs in it as I'm going along... this game is getting worse and worse. :no:

...short, flawed, confining...

It's just not DragonBall Z.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, my brother bought the game (now he claims that its HIS even tho its being used by MY Ps2)...So we did co-op mode..

[align=center]MAYBE SPOILERS [/align]

We got to used to the moving, pretty simple, the only thing that sucks about moving in co op is that u cant drift from each other without being teleported to each other. You start off with the basic punch combo and kick combo and you can combine them (yet). you can fly anytime and fly faster the longer you fly and run faster the logner you run, but they are the same speed (for now). Ki attacks and explosions are PIMPED out.

Once we got the speical attack (goes too all characters) we tried the kamehameha and gallic gun. They look pretty hot, but wat sucks is that its not a beam, but a giant blast. But everything goes slomo when you charge the blast and you can lock on so you can hit easier.

Now...about the melee...Most of it is "preset combos" once you buy them all. my favorite (havent bought all yet) involves nothing bought from the combo section but the melee sections (indivisual melee attacks). The character hits them up into the air and if u press the otehr button, he slams them down and if u keep holding it, he knees him up right before he lands and smashes again. I make my own little combo by hitting up in the air, but instead of going to the next attack, i teleport and round house kick them away. Combing melee with beams and smashing characters into objects is very fun in this game and esf palyers should like it

speaking of esf, the teleport in this game..Once you buy it, it automatically teleports you to ur target if u press R2. You can keep teleporting on otehr sides of the enemy as long as you have enough ki, wether they are in the ground or air. but the cool thing about this, it makes EVERY beam attack a warp attack. I.E Im charging burning attack, and since it can be shot any time during the pose, you teleport while everything is going slow and shoot ur enemy for a surprise attack!

Now, the cons...This game is vey glitchy at time. Someitmes the players will just stop moving, sometimes it wont go to the next scene and one time we saw that ginyu wouldnt let go of block.

Now, finally transformations...I HATE the fact that their is a timer for transformation, but that would be ok if the fighting required didnt take as long. andi f the times wasnt so slow

So, my ultimate review of the game...

Melee:8.8

Beams:7.5

Movement: 9.6

Graphics:6 (for the models) 9.6 (for eyecandy)

Sound:4 The voices are so muffled...

Replay value: Well we havent beat the game yet, so we dont kow..but as of now, 7

So, if your not too big of a dbz fan, i say deffiantly try renting it atleast once just to try out its unique style, if ur a dbz fan, this is possibly a must IMO.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rented it, played it, it sucks. There's very little to do in this game. The fighting is lame, nothing deeper than a few combo's that you can't do much with. Movement is very sluggish and akward. Camera angles are pretty lame as well. 2 player mode is the same as single player mode, just that now you have two guys running around the map, making it harder to get around (contra style system, where one player can hold the other back by running to the other side of the screen) .beams look cool, but you can't struggle with them, since they're not even beams, they're blasts. Very linear game play, models look crappy, no cinematics in the game, they actually use animation from the series in between levels.

Atari is just pissing me off now, I could have probably coded a game way better than this if you gave me a few years. I strongly suggest anyone rent this game before they buy it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not garbage to me, but imrpovement is defiantly needed. Its cant compete with budokais standards, but if they used this gameplay as a oundation, potential defiantly shows. But it was just lazingly put together.

After we beat the game (like in 5 hours) we went back to buy the upgrade. The combos are borring until u get to the final one which is fast paced and give the charactr a shocking, orange aura.

As ive said, mastering the telepor move adds much fun towards the game. warping with a beam, warping in mid combo, warping while pulling off the "hyper blow" combo, and coming beams with melee. But the game is just too short and not enough melee moves, so they could of defiantly made it better.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X, You're a HUGE DBZ Fan, You're 14, You opinion on Dbz game's dont matter to me 0.o , why is it only you sticking up for this game >< Tell me 1 Great thing about this pile of doo doo....no offense =\ but this game.. is not worth renting or looking into by these post's -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a fact of life that middle-age programmers probably don't watch Dragonball, it must've been hard for them to get a feel for it.

Questions:
-Multiple transformations?
-Terrain damage?
-Attacks?

I can't rent this out for a week, although judging from the way this thread is heading, maybe that's not a bad thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The gmae looks pretty good, the levels are nice, there's destructable terrain. You can throw your enemies through piles of rocks and such, there are even some points in the game where you can nail an enemy far off into a mountain that's way off in the background. Regardless of all that, it still sucks, I hate it so much, that I'm mad I spent 7 dollars to rent it at blockbuster. The game has a bunch of glitches too. I was playing with my friend yesterday, and it froze during a boss battle. Also some bosses will make you play as one character in 2player mode, when this happens, there's a timer at the top right, and each time it runs out, control is given to the other player. There was a glitch where if you mashed the buttons a lot, you could somehow steal your firends turn. There was also a glitch where you wouldn't be able to move at all, you could only teleport around. In my opinion, the game isn't worth 3 dollars, it pisses me off to play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom