Dragon Ball Z Movie 2013

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
DBZ Battle of Gods

I'm surprised nobody has posted this before! There is a new movie coming out march 30, 2013(Japan) which is declared as an official continuation of DBZ!
The official website also announced a comment by Akira Toriyama about the movie printed in Weekly Shōnen Jump #33: the Dragon Ball series creator notes that the adaptation will mark the first time he has been so deeply involved in the production of an anime, in this case as early as the screenwriting stages. Toriyama also says that the film will retain the atmosphere of the original while adding small amounts of "modern flavor."[1] Toei Animation released a press statement on July 17, 2012:
"The global phenomenon Dragon Ball is being made into a movie using Toei Animation’s latest technology, consistently realized as a Toriyama work, with the original author Akira Toriyama himself deeply involved from the script stage for the first time. An episode from between the animation series “Z” and “GT”, or in other words from the blank decade between the end of the battle with Majin Buu in chapter 517 of the manga and chapter 518, will be depicted for the first time.

Such well-known and charming characters as Krillin, Piccolo, and Vegeta will all make an appearance. A new story in the official history of Dragon Ball is born, neither a spin-off nor a side-story, one that can be enjoyed by both children and parents, manga fans and anime fans."
— Toei Animation's Press Release for the upcoming film - July 17, 2012[3]
Source: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Battle_of_Gods

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I searched DBZ Battle Gods and nothing came up!.... Can someone close and delete this thread then please?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*snip*

um u ok akira
Not that this exact picture was made by Toriyama (as it's Kai art style, not Toriyama's), but this character (Bills, or whatever his name) kinda resembles Babidi.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And maybe Broly is Goku from a different time.

On a serious note, I like the idea for These characters. I am hoping for a real sinister sounding voice for the purple cat. Can't think of which one he is.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe this will show gt goten in dragon ball z XD

--- edit ---

You know... when bardock became super saiyan (when he some how went to the past and planet plant or planet vegeta without vegeta lol...) he was the strongest as super saiyan not as strong as broly but he had the circles that changed the color of this sky here I'll give you the link to the video: http://www.dbz.tv/2/watch/dragonball-episode-of-bardock-special/ ok now skip to 14:16 a few seconds later you will notice his hair is flying upward and turning golden hes the strongest SSJ not LSSJ (lol) around or so I think... lol

--- edit ---

ok nvm about the goten thing I didn't notice him BECAUSE OF THE STUPID DAMN PICASLE

quite literally the biggest piece of shit i've ever seen come out of DBZ. i'm genuinely ashamed to say i was a fan of the series now.

--- edit ---

Hate to shit on parades but it's probably gonna suck.

DBZ manga is great.
DB Kai is pretty good for people who don't want to read the manga.

Everything else related to it is pretty bad, honestly.

Not looking forward to this. Try to get into different animations guys.

Ao no Exorcist
Bleach
Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
Claymore
Death Note
Hunter X Hunter
Naruto Shippuden
Naruto
One Piece
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Bakuman
Cowboy Bebop
Dr.Slump
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Gintama
Hajime no Ippo
Hajime no Ippo New Challenger
Jojos Bizarre Adventure
Mirai Nikki
Samurai Champloo
Soul Eater
FLCL
Sword Art Online
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Toriko

If you like dragonball these should all be tolerable-I don't know much about ones like fist of the north star- berserk- or rurouni kenshin but I hear they are also good.

I'm sure there are some others people would like to mention?
lack of Berserk makes your list suck le bawls.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
A cat can't be sinister?
Well tbh, I dont actually think this one looks cool at all...
I mean, for a DBZ come back I'd have expected a more serious-looking villain, like Broly, Bojack, Cooler, etc. This 'purple cat' is just a villain to make fun of :-/

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean, for a DBZ come back I'd have expected a more serious-looking villain, like Broly, Bojack, Cooler, etc. This 'purple cat' is just a villain to make fun of :-/
No. A villain to be made fun of is Bio-Broly. They are using Egyptian gods in this movie. Bills is the God of Destruction.

Though, we will see something from this, we haven't seen in a long long long long time. Since the Saiyan Saga.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I prefer a little bit of patented dbz slapstick style of seriousness. Egyptian cat god with stereo-typical egyptian eyes? That sounds good to me. That's what made Dragonball great to begin with.

Stop judging this movie based on the series and judge it by it's worth as a movie. Christ.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Maybe new villain has some transformation:)

That villain "Bill" is canon or non-canon? If it's canon, ESF Final should include him.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Many rumors that we will see in this movie SSJ3 Goku, SSJ3 Vegeta(!), SSJ3 Gogeta(!) and SSJ3 Gotenks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom