Dragon Ball: Raging Blast .... 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I don't care if they make another DBZ fighting game, but at least have the decency to change the goddamn fighting system. It's been exactly the same since what, Budokai 1?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm not bad you see more of the faical exspression's

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I don't care if they make another DBZ fighting game, but at least have the decency to change the goddamn fighting system. It's been exactly the same since what, Budokai 1?

Well as I stated before.

Budokai 1 - 3 and Infinite World = Street Fighter
Tenkaichi 1 - 3 = Armored Core
Haven't played any other games since Tenkaichi 3. Budokai 3 = The Best.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best dragon ball fighting games are legends, hyper dimension, super dragon ballz, super budoten is alright tooishh (well it was for the day).

lol all the PlayStation stuff was terrible, budokai 3 was getting there but there are too many characters- movie BS filler BS etc.

Super dbz is on ps2 its was done by the guy that did powerstone from capcom- pretty solid.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best dragon ball fighting games are legends, hyper dimension, super dragon ballz, super budoten is alright tooishh (well it was for the day).

lol all the PlayStation stuff was terrible, budokai 3 was getting there but there are too many characters- movie BS filler BS etc.

Super dbz is on ps2 its was done by the guy that did powerstone from capcom- pretty solid.

He also did work for Street Fighter 2/3 and DarkStalkers.
The game is pretty well rounded. But even so if Budokai 3 had Movie characters and all it still had the best Storymode play and it was pretty great to see a game like it of its time.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Visually it looks pleasant, but they could have done it with the first raging blast instead. To be honest I don't think they milk the PS3 capabilities...

Speaking of milk, they milk the franchise too much... the only way to fight it is to stop getting this game, or at least paying money for it. OFC we will need to kill all the children that buy this game, unless you have some MORE extreme measure to use.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seeing that the models are pretty much high poly, but the ears stay flat all the time v_v they could even model in the nails with that budget, and the texturing is horible, those black lines on folds etc, even the levels are not that impressive, goku beating vegeta.. i mean come on, there are tons of dbz characters out there, those two just got boring to me cuz they present them so damn much..

buy tenkaichi 3 and never look at other dbz games, no need to waste your time, it wont get better, they cant invent new hot water..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could never stand Super DBZ, I'm just not geared for the old-school ultra-advanced-control-mastery you see in similar stuff like Street Fighter. Never been my bag.

And my recent experience tells me I either forgot how to play, or was never really good at retro games. I tried playing some NES PC ports online, and good lord, so much of that stuff was so intensely unforgiving, although part of it could be that the action buttons were to the left of the directional buttons instead of to the right. I could barely get past the first level of the first Mega-Man game, and Bionic Commando kicked my ass to Narnia.

As said, it would probably have been easier with an actual controller, but either way I could tell this stuff was intended to seriously challenge you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PLEASE do not compare Tenkaichi to Armored Core. It's more like a clunkier version of Zone of the Enders.

I feel waaaay too trapped in Tenkaichi/Raging Blast. Even in Bu If you could take ESF, enhance the melee, make beam charging faster, add destructible and larger environments, and other tweaks, that'd be a mighty fine DBZ game. They focus a lot on the aesthetics and fan service, witch is nice, but I don't believe a single game has captured the vastness that is DBZ fighting. Budokai 3 was very nice (Burst Limit was a huge step backwards), but again I don't want a fighting game set up. Tenkaichi/Raging Blast tries to add vastness but you are so zoomed in that you can not experience being "in" an environment. ZOE has a much more lose feeling and a much larger battle field, so I hope they can start getting this vastness correct.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could never stand Super DBZ, I'm just not geared for the old-school ultra-advanced-control-mastery you see in similar stuff like Street Fighter. Never been my bag.

And my recent experience tells me I either forgot how to play, or was never really good at retro games. I tried playing some NES PC ports online, and good lord, so much of that stuff was so intensely unforgiving.
You can't do a hadouken? Thats like the bread and butter man.
Younger gen can't handle old school difficulty? Tsk Tsk.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmlaCJlxEZU&feature=channel

Anyone else notice that they're using shaders that are almost the same as ESF finals? this is the first time since budokai 1 they haven't used cell shading...

kinda makes me think the studio working on this is watching us...
Graphics seem like an upgraded version of Tenkaichi 1/2/3 to me. Not really cellshaded either.

Plus, no offence, but the ESF team is not the first development team to invent the power of overblooming everything.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously you just didn't look properly then. They're using a rim-lighting shader in raging blast 2 (smooth shading transition with a lighting emphasis around the edges, with high contrast shadows) they are no longer using a cel shader (flat colour and vivid contrast). By no means an exclusive technique, I recall we were inspired to use it because of SSBB and we wanted to get away from the stereotypical cel shader that had been used in every dbz game before. It's just quite a coincedence that they decide to use a shader thats almost exactly the same, just after we have.

BTW bloom has nothing to do with it, besides, I've been insisting ever since it was implemented to get it toned down, but the rest of the team doesn't agree. Shaders are the way that models are rendered, bloom is an environmental/full screen technique.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol @ the "enough depth to satisfy" advertising point in the trailer.

God I hope the maps are bigger. They give you such a small amount of choices to make when fighting them, even though it does get a DBZ like feel. But again, more loose movement like ZOE plz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom