Dragon ball KAI

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the heck is this?

Kai got cancelled anyways...and GT doesn't need to remade, but buried and forgotten.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
kai is not cancel , dragon ball kai is finish. episod 01 for 97 : saga sayan to cell

Last edited:
FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like KAI that much, I mean, the quality is very good, but I am really not too fond of the way they are cutting the series so short, I know it had a lot of filler, but not all of if wasn't fun, and it feels weird when I'm watching Kai, and remember of some scenes from Dragon Ball Z from my childhood, that actually aren't there anymore, but I wanted to see them again. D:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well it was unclear from the beginning about Kai spanning through all the DBZ sagas as there were rumors of 99 episodes before it even started airing in Japan. And oddly enough it was pretty popular despite being a rehash of a 20 year old series(perhaps it airing before One Piece had something to do with it since One Piece is right now the best selling Shounen Jump manga in Japan). I refused to watch it after episode 3-4 when they replaced the Makankosappo aftermath hole on Goku with a huge bruise however i've seen some Youtube HD vids and i like some of the redrawn frames while i dislike others(They really could've worked a bit more on cleaning up all the frames instead of redrawing a few which really tends to stick out while watching). Also not to mention the latest controversy concerning Kenji Yamamoto (the now former composer of DBKai music) getting accused of plagiarism and thus TOEI replacing his scores with original Shunuske Kikuchi music from the original Dragon Ball Z. It held up pretty well and showed that there is still an interest in Dragon Ball and it's merchandise. That's my opinion at least.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not surprised that Kai stopped at the end of the Cell Saga.

The original should have as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not surprised that Kai stopped at the end of the Cell Saga.

The original should have as well.
Wasn't it originally planned to end at Frieza?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, but it proved insanely popular.

So they milked it dry.
Actually there is no factual proof (as in no statements from Akira Toriyama nor any of his associates) that the series was planned to end at Frieza saga. It was all just a rumour!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually there is no factual proof (as in no statements from Akira Toriyama nor any of his associates) that the series was planned to end at Frieza saga. It was all just a rumour!
But a well founded one. I mean it would've been great to end there. Ending after Cell Saga is pretty good too i guess.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
I dont like Kai. they cut almost anything out of the battle scenes.
Eh? they cut out everything but the battle scenes. They removed most of the useless talking between them fighting.

DBkai was cut so that it was closer to the manga in terms of events that happened. Tis why they got rid of a bunch of the excess plot, Which I actually prefered. Being someone who watched Kai from start to end, I found it was a better way to rewatch dbz than goin through 200+ episodes just to get to the end of cell, and a lot of the new animation was pretty good. Overall while not as good as the original, it was more or less just as entertaining.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DB Kai is the best anime ever. End of story.

The sound artistry alone, puts everything to shame.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer the original.

In Kai, they removed:
Excessive blood
Gore
Swearing
Lotsa of cool stuff

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I totally agree with Gundam on this one. I remember that my bro watched only one episode with me, and he went away when Cell and Goku stared in eachother for like 5 minutes. Seriously. Now it's a lot better and closer to the manga, which it should have been from the start. And all of those insane boring fillers are gone like Gohan training with Piccolo and crying 50% of the time and whatnot. There was so much that I'm glad I rewatched the whole series through Kai.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
mkil, you prob watched the dubbed version... wasnt any of that cut in the subs as far as i can recall.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only ever watched the original dub, it did feel drawn out at times. However, we were getting 5 episodes a week, so it wasn't all bad. I did question how long 5 minutes could take. I was 12 at the time so I really didn't notice any of the censoring or poor time flow :p.

The Cell Saga would actually be a pretty good end. For me, DBZ was about Goku passing the flame to Gohan. By the Cell Games, Gohan had become Goku's successor and was ready to protect the Earth. The Buu saga saw him take a backseat to Goku again.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would contribute... but I still haven't finished watching Dbz. Soooo.... Yeah.

Btw, should I watch Kai or the Original?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom