Dragon Ball GT: Transformation 2...dead?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was looking for information regarding this game (supposed to be released this September on GBA) and found that Gamespot and Gamespy have taken down all the information they had previously regarding it. GameFAQ's have wiped their Transformation 2 forum clean (there's only one topic there now, while the other forums remain intact). Atari had a page on it too, which is now strangely absent. Given that the game's less than four months away, I thought this was really odd unless Atari;

a) Secretly cancelled the game.
b) Plan on moving it to the DS.

Anyone know anything? o_O

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I was looking for information regarding this game (supposed to be released this September on GBA) and found that Gamespot and Gamespy have taken down all the information they had previously regarding it. GameFAQ's have wiped their Transformation 2 forum clean (there's only one topic there now, while the other forums remain intact). Atari had a page on it too, which is now strangely absent. Given that the game's less than four months away, I thought this was really odd unless Atari;

This is all I could find:

Wikipedia said:
Originally slated for a November 2005 release, a sequel known as "Dragon Ball GT: Transformation 2" is now on schedule for a September 2006 release. Not much is known about the game at this time. It is widely assumed that the game will take place during the Super 17 and/or Xinglong story arcs.

Best answers
Ravendust said:

sue them...a simply answer!!

Best answers
uncover bunker said:
sue them...a simply answer!!
Sorry but you can't just sue someone for taking down information. Especially when they are only third party resources that have no affiliation with the companies (Save Atari)

My guess is that they may be pushing the game back, or perhaps like your second guess, trashing it and moving it to a different console, or in this case, hand held.

It is kind of odd to see information taken down, there can actually be several reasons, but I don't see any of them being applicable here (Information wrongly leaked, etc). Though perhaps they are actually remaking certain aspects and want a clean slate. I know many games have done that before *COUGH STARCRAFT GHOST COUGH*

<b>EDIT - </b>

Wikipedia said:
Originally slated for a November 2005 release, a sequel known as "Dragon Ball GT: Transformation 2" is now on schedule for a September 2006 release. Not much is known about the game at this time. It is widely assumed that the game will take place during the Super 17 and/or Xinglong story arcs.
Didn't see that. I don't trust much of Wikipedia but that sounds like a liable explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom