Dragon Ball Gt: Final Bout on the PSX. Bebi a confirmed playable character.

Best answers
So I figured I'd create this thread since I recently popped in my Final bout game the other day. I remembered all the things I used to do to try and unlock all these rumoured characted.

If you remember the was a code stating holding select and pressing square would make Bebi a playable character... Well that didn't work for me. Instead if you have gameshark or Pro Action replay, I figured out that I can put in a code that forces player 1 (or 2) to be any character. Bebi is the 18th character. I think the code specifically is 8003BCA6 - 0011. Also all the characters need to be unlocked for it to work too.

Another cool thing about what I noticed is that you can play Build-up Tournament against the computer using a similar code with a value in the 70s or 80s (can't remember :s)

Ex: To force player 2 to be a computer:
8003BCA8 - 007A (I have no clue which character this would be)
Ex: To force player 3 to be a computer:
8003BCAA - 0080 (6 characters after the one selected above)

Let me know if it works for u and if u've honestly! unlocked or found something in this game. Share it with us.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, forget Final Bout. Throw it in a fire, and let it die. That is nearly the worst game I have ever played. Practically unplayable because of the not so much broken, as shattered movement controls, which only allow you to practically CRAWL in the direction of your opponent.

Best answers
Never... ya it has slow parts but that's part of the gameplay. I think it was intentionally made not to be played Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh! You should play it with a PSX emulator, you can speed it up to fun levels.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With certain options you can speed up the emulation until the gameplay becomes a lot more fun.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do u mean speed it up to "fun" levels??? I have CVGS PSX emulator.
You speak of the devil! Roms? DB:GT roms? Now that's evil.

I remember reading that it was the worst Dragonball beat'em up ever. Try one of the newer ones or even Hyper Dimension if you can get hold of it. But if you like the game, have fun. I'm not telling you to stop playing it.

There's also one game... don't know much about it but it's something like ESF but I don't think I remember much about it. :heart:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You speak of the devil! Roms? DB:GT roms? Now that's evil.
I don't think he mentioned anything about ROMS, emulators are perfectly legal, they make as an integrated game system for the computer if you have the actual game, it can be ran from whatever optical drive it needs to be run from.

Best answers
Yup and Hyper Dimension is a super nintendo game. Final Bout is for the playstation 1 game. And in my opinion has good models, camera angle action, sprites/beams and melee moves (meteor smash is very cool) ESF is trying to do something like it actually with Advanced melee but doesn't look anywhere as good at the moment.

Also I am not comparing it to the Budokai series or anything like that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If both games were permanently sped up, they would be even better. The earlier DBZ games were always so slow, which doesn't make sense because the anime is fast paced. The only game that really captured the anime was DBZ Legends. Even though it was composed of 2D models, it still got the point across more than any other games that were released before it.

Best answers
I used to play final bout I think I still have the cd somewhere but the gameplay was slow and the computer always kicked my ass...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's because the computer's super attacks were most of the time unblockable and that was all that they did.

Best answers
LMAO I also have DBZ Legeands. Also a very fun game. It wasn't vast in it's moves but the team battles and 1 vs 2 made it fun. Speed is relative though. So yes the anime is fast paced but if the game really moved fast how good would u be at controling it and doing what u meant to do? Instead to similate speed (since it's relative) things moving at normal speed should move slower. A bit of a silly concept but I wonder what gameplay would be like for that. Imagine ur opponent is a lot slower than u. Instead of speeding u up, slow him down like matrix / max payne style. Even for online games. Have a reference speed and everyone connected to the server's real speed be based off of that. If it's below the reference speed ur guy moves slow. If it's above ur guy moves fast... iuno just babbling

Last edited:
Best answers
It's because the computer's super attacks were most of the time unblockable and that was all that they did.
I don't usually have a problem blocking. Unless I jumped over my opponent's head and had my back turned and couldn't turn around in time to block an attack.

Trust me in my youth days I've beaten this game on Hard many times with near perfect (only 1 or 2 hit on me) to try and unlock all these characters that aren't even in the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because relativity is totally relevant to final bout, one of the worst games ever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Bout was absolutely horrible. One of those games that makes you cringe from playing it. Not because it's a bad game, but because you just realized you're playing it, and because it's a horrible game.

Best answers
Final Bout was absolutely horrible. One of those games that makes you cringe from playing it. Not because it's a bad game, but because you just realized you're playing it, and because it's a horrible game.
This.

I felt like final bout was very boring. DBZ Legends on the other hand kept me entertained for hours.
I don't play DBZ games anymore. Same things over and over ;(

Best answers
Wow everyone seems to have the same opinion towards Final Bout. Maybe the DBZ theme is blinding me from realizing how bad it is. I don't know though because for me the game isn't slow unless you put your character in certain positions where he will have to reset. In the game it is possible to charge towards an opponent, dodge (3d), start a combo, stop mid-combo and start a fresh new (same or different) combo... all without ur opponent moving or any slow moments inbetween. It's also the only one out of the three with beam struggling too.

I think i'll have to use my tuner and make a video someday.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The music for the game is outstanding, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom