Dragon Age: Origins

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Dragon Age: Origins just came out yesterday and it's apparently really good. I still have yet to grab it, but I'm definitely going to get it soon. Not sure if I'll enjoy the MMO aspect to it, but I'm sure it'll still be fun.

Anyone have this yet?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Europe.

Getting it first thing this friday.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MMO aspect?

Explain please.
Sounds like it plays similarly to an MMO, minus the MM part. I hear there's wicked cameltoe going on in the equipmentless female models.

Best answers
It went live on Steam recently - I'm downloading it now. :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't have the highest expectations for it (as the last 2 BioWare RPG's I liked were both based on D&D and, as a result, were very deep as far as character creation and development go), but it's panning out to be a VERY well done game, in my eyes.

I'm a little bummed that the first patch for it decreases the difficulty on normal mode (which is what I have it set to, for now), and that there are only 3 base classes to start with, but the game still feels as though there is more depth to it than I gave it credit for. Looking forward to seeing just how different characters can become as the specialization classes become available to me.

I don't get the "MMO aspect" reference, sorry. The game feels more like NWN2 than it does like WoW or any other MMORPG. The only difference is that the timing of skill/ability usage is based on cool-downs instead of D&D's typical system of six-second rounds and 60-second turns (at least, I think that's what D&D does). Much like NWN and NWN2, you get separate points for class-specific feats and more universal skills. It even lets you take direct control over your other party members like NWN2 did (and allows you to assign some pretty intricate schemas for them when you're not controlling them directly).

Definitely worth picking up, from what I've seen. I'll try to remember to post more when I actually progress significantly in the game.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have only played through the beginning and just met Alister.... But the beginning reminds me much of Fable 1.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've watched gameplay vids and it just looks like X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance meets LOTR.

I hate squad based games... there's no challenge.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is allso a glitch in the game that lets you gain infinite experience after about 2 hours of gameplay XD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
There is allso a glitch in the game that lets you gain infinite experience after about 2 hours of gameplay XD
Hopefully that is a lie :] I find it to be a rather good game that can actually captivate me enough to see it to an end. But I havent stumpled upon any Bugs in the game, but if there is a glitch that makes it possible to gain infinite experience .... Do inform me how to make that a reality, It might not even be possible with every race/class ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Possible with every race or class as its a quest glitch. XD

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've watched gameplay vids and it just looks like X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance meets LOTR.

Erm... you may want to look more into the game, then. Unless you're playing on easy, the game does offer a challenge.

More over, this is far more a tactical, party-based RPG (feels very much like a non-D&D NWN). If that strikes you as being a "squad-based game", that's fine. But don't dismiss the challenge of the game based on the style. From what I've read, I don't think the dev's managed to finish it on the "nightmare" difficulty setting :p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mcJNB3Z48g[/ame]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

play it on hard or harder, and hope you don't meet a revenant.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lolz cool glitch xD but actually to bad it exists.
Now I get the feeling to do that on my first gameplay but it will make my game bored damn fast... so I try not to.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lolz cool glitch xD but actually to bad it exists.
Now I get the feeling to do that on my first gameplay but it will make my game bored damn fast... so I try not to.
Wait for the patch and itll go away ^^

Best answers
I'm finding it a very good game so far. Frankly, I'm afraid of just how much depth there is to this game.

My only quirk with the game though is how ridiculous Morrigan looks in any other armor than her initial robes. I'm so glad head gear doesn't appear during cutscenes or else I'd just be sitting at the dialogue options laughing my butt off.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom