Dr. Gero Lab ???????

Best answers
Ok this map is already on esf1.2.3 but everytime I try to play it, it begins to load then it goes back to the esf menu

Is this map playable @ all???

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should be. I used to play it back in the days. Are you using Steam? And does it give any errors in the console?

Best answers
still doesn't work........it goes back to the esf menu after it says starting game server..........

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you are in the menu. Open the console and copy paste everything thats in there to this thread.

Best answers
ok.....found the issue

Reading bot_names file... done
Reading bot_chat file... done
Reading bot_personalities file... done
Reading sbot.cfg file... done
Reading skill.cfg file... done
L 01/20/2010 - 19:29:43: -------- Mapchange to esf_gero_lab --------
< Core > Microsoft Windows > 25c1464fd00aa9fd4c1c6dfb50a75bc4
Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'sprites/bubble.spr' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct

sooooo what does this mean?????

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have ECX installed right.

Well the amount of all models loaded (character models, auras, map models,...) is more than 512. And thats more than HL can handle. So it throws you out.

You have 2 choices.

Either play a map with less ENV models (though the map doesnt really have that many to begin with it may just work if the number is close enough).

Or you remove characters from ECX so that their models dont get loaded. You can do so by removing the charactername.amxx files from the core foulder.

Best answers
thanks........but will the maps work if i activate bots ??????????

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots have nothing to do with it. They only use allready loaded models.

When you start a server it starts by looking in the games code. It reads out all models needed by the game to run and loads them all which is allmost all files in the models foulder. But it allso looks at the map file and reads out what models are needed for the map. When it reads those it allso loads them.

The difference is. Player models are loaded only once. Then for each player/bot the game simply uses the model thats loaded into the game. So no additional loading happens. The problem is only if the initial requirement is higher than the capabilities. Once you are allready ingame where bots can be added you are safe from that error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom