Downloaded ESF but it wont work on steam instead it goes to CS

Best answers
I know this can be done because when i first installed steam i got esf... sadly i lost my half life cs key during my move :cry: ... anyways... i want to play esf on steam but the file which i downloaded from this site doesn't work...

Everytime i click on the Icon i get CS steam... but not ESF Steam...

Retired
Best answers
After you install steam run the install file for ESF and you should be able to play ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You installed it into:

SteamApps\youremailhere\counterstrike

instead of

SteamApps\youremailhere\half-life

If your half-life folder isn't there, then create it!

Best answers
ok hi im new too, adn my question is do u have to dl steam, and get counter strike to play? is there another way? cause i see people dont like steam :\

Best answers
Well, technically ESF doesn't require steam til 1.2.... so using your existing HL or retail CS cd and the key will work-- for now...

Steps for esf on steam:
1) Download and install the minimum STEAM installer from www.steampowered.com
2) When STEAM is set up from the installation, go to your games list and right-click on "Half-Life" and then do "Install"
3) During the Half-Life installation, it'll ask you which mods you want to appear in your 3rd party list (note: the installation will auto-detect your mods that you have installed on the WON version of HL/retail CS)
4) Select your mods. Finish the Installation.
5) Download the ESF Steam Pack 2.0 from www.esforces.com in their HELP section.
6) Copy the fmod.dll file from your OLD Half-Life folder located in your SIERRA directory and paste it in your NEW Half-Life folder inside the SteamApps directory which is inside the STEAM folder.
7) Enjoy ESF. You can enter through the games menu, or search for a server thru the server menu off the steam selection screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom