DoW Soulstorm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone got it yet? I think it's pretty awesome, though not much has changed for the old armies.
Flying units are a nice addition, but they don't change gameplay too much.
I really love the SoB, if you use them correctly, they're really deadly.

What I hate are some of the tech changes.

Best answers
its out but there is a problem Sob have a major Explote that people are rather annoyed at in multiplayer and De need a nerf abit but relic are working on patch

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its out but there is a problem Sob have a major Explote that people are rather annoyed at in multiplayer and De need a nerf abit but relic are working on patch
Just browsed their forums and was quite disappointed that there are so many bugs.
Haven't noticed that SoB glitch before, since I almost never abort things once started.
I'm pretty unhappy with the Chaos nerfs, but I also thought that they are just too strong on T1.

Btw I'm always looking for people to play with. (Well but gamespy is a slow ***** >.<)

Best answers
I got it. it is fun. i rarely play "online", I'm usually playing it with one or two buddies fighting against the computer. Neither of us are that good, hence we don't fight real people.

Always lookin for more people to play with :)

Best answers
Gamespy is pathetically inefficient and the Sisters bug isn't cool.

On the flipside the new races are pretty cool (particularly Dark Eldar) and the game appears to be a lot more balanced than Dark Crusade.

I'd be digging it alot more if I could get automatch to work consistently, however.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For anyone interested, Dawn of Skirmish AI v3.0 mod has been released these days.
It basically makes the campaign worth playing and prevents outbursts of laughter in skirmishes.
Link

Also anyone up for a game PM me. I'm fairly good, but nowhere pro xD.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whats the sob glitch you speak of?
When you build a holy icon listening post upgrade, it's cost increases.
If you abort it however, you get the new (higher) cost refunded, instead of the old (lower).
Some noobs win games this way without building a single powerplant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What expansions do I need to have to play this, with all the races?
Dow for Space Marines, Orkz, Eldar and Chaos. Winter assault for the Imperial guard. Dark Crusade for Tau and Necron.
And Soulstorm xD.
The complete package should be something around 50€

Edit: look for "Dawn of War: The Complete Collection", has every game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom