Double tapping made easier?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
If they want to use it, more power to them. Scripts are nothing more than customizeation- the useful ones anyways. I find it might be slower to double tap, but I prefer the degree of control it gives me to use the double tap. It's more flexibility, which in turn allows the player more control, which in turn allows more potential, which, *breath* in turn allows for a greater possible skill level.

It's all preference.

::EDIT:: I'm always willing to help other players educate themselves on the topic of scripting. PM me to discuss or if you need help with it. There are some... lesser known scripts I'd rather not talk about, however, and refuse to teach people about due to exploits in the HL engine.
Point is if you are to furious you blow the swoop (happend to my friend all the time so he quit).

Not to mention evrything that is possible with scripts is possible with out them it just requires a greater skill to do it with out scripts.

And all you have to do is stay calm and the swoop will work normaly as soon as you get frustrated you loose controll over the dubbletap -_-

Best answers
actually i have found a few moves that are not possible to do without scripts..there are certain scenarios where the do give an edge which is why i do not like it when others use them against me

Best answers
wats the point in usin scripts, lessens the fun of the game.

nge

Best answers
There are some things scripts can do much faster than a human can normally without them, but most of the time it's rather pointless. I find that the amount of control they seem to take away is rather a disadvantage, though the degree of effcientcy they offer is an advantage. I still see it as a trade off, and prefer not to use them.

Best answers
its like usin aimbots on cs. theres no point to it. u just p**s ppl off and make an ass out of urself

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't use scripts. I don't cheat in games.

Cheating is for weaklings. =/

Anyway, I assume we get back on the topic of double tap swooping.

Best answers
I tested out the mechanics for one of the attacks that a person does to me in the european servers. And yes i do have that much time at 2 in the morning...i have found that a turning swoop that has a script for double tapping will execute where as one without the double tap will most likely not work. I had tested this on multiple ping servers along with multiple FPS. I had to partners help me out with this. If you wish to ask for who they are, you can PM me.

Sephize...i personally did not use the scripts, i have stated to you before and knowing you and your constant degrading of me while i fight, will have to state it many times later...that i DO NOT use scripts of any kind. I am just reporting that a simple double tap script can prove to be a larger advantage than others think

nge

Best answers
While it does undoubtably add some sort've advantage, it's not nearly the same as aimboting. Trust me on this one.

Best answers
aim botting is completely different...that requires a program, where as scripting only requires logic and binding...but it still gives the same feature...an advantage against other players

Best answers
Scripts do give advantage obviously. But to say scripts are cheats is going little to far imo. In games like CS or Quake, players on pro lvl always use scripts and its allowed.

I do however think people who script should say it and not keep it a secret.
Sephize is a good example he admits he uses scripts and it made him a better player obviously. Most noticeble the chain swoop angles. :devgrin:

Still it requires skill to play with or without scripts. As long as I know the players uses scripts im ok with it. Its even more challenging. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni said:
In games like CS or Quake, players on pro lvl always use scripts and its allowed.
Show me one CS league where the aimbot script is allowed and i'll believe you.

Aimbot means whenever you fire your recticle automatically points to the nearest enemy head, which means if you don't kill in your first shot then the second one would net you the frag for sure. You could kill about 4 guys in 2 seconds like this.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The thing is he's not talking about a hardcore script like that. He's talking about a minor script such as a buy-script where instead of pressing b-4-3 you just press f10 and you buy a colt, its the trivial scripts not the major ones. And I do believe those scripts have been against CAL rules since the versions before 1.5

Best answers
Yes they are illegal in matches...that is why they give 15 second buy times for matches...because people were not used to buying things normally. Just because people did it...does not make it right

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
b-8-1
b-4-3 or b-4-1

What could be simpler? Its like having a chair that stands you up for you. *ponders marketting possibiblities*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They added the Rebuy function so there's no need for a buy script, and no excuse for allowing scripts on servers/leagues.

Best answers
I wouldn't think binding f keys to guns would be against CAL rules, seeing as there is a CAL configuration released that enables that in the keyboard options.

Also... cl_cmdrate 101 helps you with the touble tapping. I thought it would be common sense. Having a higher fps helps also.

Best answers
I played in CAL for CS1.3 and also played Quake 1 at "pro" lvl.
Script were allowed, to some extend ofcourse!!

Aimbot is pure cheat. Binding some simple keys to one button is not a cheat imho.
Its called a ADVANTAGE in my book.

Thats why I want to know when I play against someone if he scripts or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom