Double tapping made easier?

Best answers
Is there a way to bind a key to swooping in a certain direction instead of double tapping?
tanx Otius

Best answers
mm.. i thing there is smthng called script? is it smthng like that?

im not sure :D

THE EVIL TEAM!! said:
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 120 seconds.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested this a while back and mine was you hold shift to swoop like in Bid For Power. Shift was your button to turbo, to swoop and to send ki into your blast when you beam struggle.

Best answers
There is a script for that. I use it, but most players consider it cheating so you can't use it, nevertheless i dont care what a couple of buulaming luckplayers think of me...

If you really want to make a script, google for cs buy script. u can use the basics to make ur own... providing u can think logically

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is double tapping really that hard?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not hard, I just find it unresponsive, and when you have to get your timing down to literally tenths of a second you really can't have that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
It's not hard, I just find it unresponsive, and when you have to get your timing down to literally tenths of a second you really can't have that.
EXACTLY MY POINT! Hence why I said it would be easier if shift did the turbo, swooping and adding more ki into your blast.

Best answers
i think its fine, but yeh slightly slow to start ur tele if thats wat u mean, if ur telemelee'ing (lol)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tele when you need to move immediately, swoop when you have more time to react.

Best answers
point of the game...learning how to do it...not scripting to make it easier...certain moves cannot be done without those commands...therefor giving an advantage to those that use them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Sarutobi on this.
There has to be a certain challenge to playing or it wouldn't be fun. I prefer the double-tap swoop as it is now.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Tele when you need to move immediately, swoop when you have more time to react.
but u use both to confuse and attack the player wen they cannot defend

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who wants to defend anyhow it is proven that a good ofensive tactic can beat moast defensive tactics

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin said:
I have to agree with Sarutobi on this.
There has to be a certain challenge to playing or it wouldn't be fun. I prefer the double-tap swoop as it is now.
The game is challenging enough, much harder than CS or any other HL mod i've played. It pisses me off no end when someones swooping at me and there's like a 1/5 chance i'll just sidestep instead of swoop left. Unresponsive controls don't make a game more challenging, they make it more frustrating :S

Best answers
ull have to bash ur keyboard more lol. in evm wen u charge ur energy wat does it do wen u left click? the white ring?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well.. If you want to dodge someone swooping at you, you can always teleport. Damn Wolf and DJ Ready do it to me all the time. Luckily I find their pattern after a while :D

Best answers
i was just laming sum1 sooo bad, wen u tf into ssj2 they cnt fire beams right. stoped tfing and fired my own then tfed again. the guy got so p***ed off he left server lol

nge

Best answers
If they want to use it, more power to them. Scripts are nothing more than customizeation- the useful ones anyways. I find it might be slower to double tap, but I prefer the degree of control it gives me to use the double tap. It's more flexibility, which in turn allows the player more control, which in turn allows more potential, which, *breath* in turn allows for a greater possible skill level.

It's all preference.

::EDIT:: I'm always willing to help other players educate themselves on the topic of scripting. PM me to discuss or if you need help with it. There are some... lesser known scripts I'd rather not talk about, however, and refuse to teach people about due to exploits in the HL engine.

Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
well.. If you want to dodge someone swooping at you, you can always teleport. Damn Wolf and DJ Ready do it to me all the time. Luckily I find their pattern after a while :D
Not fair! DJ-Ready duels u :( i wanna duel him!

Anyway i prefer to be a noob :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom