DOOM!!!

Best answers
A movie based on the popular video game series Doom has been confirmed and has an official site up: http://www.doommovie.com/

They also have a trailer plus a very long interview with ID Software and a few of the cast members such as The Rock.

Personally I can not wait until this movie is released. I watched the trailer and it looks intense!

Post your thoughts and opinions.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome line of thought there Arthos, you almost made a complete post!

This movie will have to be better than the game, whether you liked the game or not, simply because it'll put the 'thriller' aspects back into the movies where they can be orchestrated in more creative ways than forcing zombies to claw at you out of closets and from behind walls that move for no reason. I don't really look forward to it, but I am not going to judge it just yet.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going on record right now: There is NO way this movie will be any good. Cut & Paste Action flick with a new name.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awsome! But I already heard about it 2 years ago, so I don't think it'll work. =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yuck. I hate video game movies and movie video games. It never works, so give up all ready!

DiZ

Best answers
HAHA i've been waiting for this one to come!

-ok...i just watched the trailer and it's look's exactly like Residnt Evil (the movie of course) ;/

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It will suck, but it won't suck REALLY bad as long as Paul Anderson doesn't direct it.

Best answers
Magus said:
It will suck, but it won't suck REALLY bad as long as Paul Anderson doesn't direct it.
Or Uwe Boll.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing it though. They've already announced the original monsters from the game will appear in the movie (CYBERDEMON :p ), and that the story WILL take place on Mars, unlike what early reports on the movie stated. So there still is hope ;)

AND they're not going for a full-star cast either. The only well-known actor I know is in the movie is The Rock, and he doesn't have too big a part in it AFAIK.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll see. We'll see. It'll probably end up so bad it'll be funny.

Best answers
Are they still using the same story that's been floating around the net for a while? No demons. No hell. Instead, some kind of virus that mutates people!
If they are still using that plot, this movie can burn in the hell it didn't include for all I care. If it turns out that it includes hell and demons, then I'll watch it, but my hopes aren't high.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh I dunno, it probably won't be the best movie ever but judging from the trailer I think it's gonna be pretty entertaining.

That and I'm a sucker for cheesy horror.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-JLN- said:
Are they still using the same story that's been floating around the net for a while? No demons. No hell. Instead, some kind of virus that mutates people!
If they are still using that plot, this movie can burn in the hell it didn't include for all I care. If it turns out that it includes hell and demons, then I'll watch it, but my hopes aren't high.
It's going to have Imps, Pinky Demons, Hell Knights, Barons of Hell, etc, etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just saw the trailer/teaser....just looks like a over sized resident evil too me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill judge it when i see it, and it does look like itll be a decent thriller/action.

however. im waiting for Barney: revenge of the dinosaurs D:

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it is anything like the Family Guy movie, I'll enjoy it.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Yuck. I hate video game movies and movie video games. It never works, so give up all ready!
Escape From Butcher Bay was pretty darn good (Chronicles of Rid**** movie game for those who havnt played it)

Some of the LOTR games on console are good, spider man 2 was good (console,,not pc obviously)

A decent portion of Star Wars games are classics (Tie fighter series, jedi knight series, Both Kotors)

So movie videogames do work,,,,some of the time.

As for videogame movies,,,,,well final fantasy wasnt a bad movie imo, not as good as it could have been, but it was enjoyable.

But if your watching Doom for anything other then some mindless carnage and the Rock,,,,your watching it for all the wrong reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom