DOOM: The Movie *WARNING: SPOILERS*

Best answers
I just recently seen this movie and I say it's an alright movie. One thing before you go see it, if you never play Doom 3, don't bother seeing it. Since I beat Doom 3 it was a treat to see. I got there about 10 minutes late into the movie but I don't think it would matter much to the story. The story goes these scientist guys were experimenting this chemical (I guess) and it turns out it makes them into hellish creatures and now Sarge (The Rock) and his team is assigned to take care o fthe problem. Okay, first off as a Doom fanatic, wtf? Mutated Zombies and Monsters? Where's does hell come into place?! It doesn't. This movie is all about the action. The story may suck but I saw it makes up with the action. It brought out the fan boy in me when they when into first-person view. Overall this movie isnt something I'd watch twice. 7/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if youre not a fan of Doom or crappy game movies, give it a miss?

Thanks for the heads up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey everybody, I just saw DOOM with my friend Scott and well...

Movie was great.

However, I don't recommend it for your hardcore DOOM fans, no Cyberdemon (might be in the 2nd one).

The firstperson action was pretty decent too, I didn't think it would be.

Whatever, I didn't feel like I wasted my money, anyone else see it?

Oh, and...hardly anyone was there to see it (Went @ 10:05pm)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ugh, so it does have the first person action in it? How much of it? Even the 10 second clips during the trailers were enough to give my stomach discomfort, I couldn't imagine being able to watch parts like that for more than a few minutes without getting nauseous

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
Ugh, so it does have the first person action in it? How much of it? Even the 10 second clips during the trailers were enough to give my stomach discomfort, I couldn't imagine being able to watch parts like that for more than a few minutes without getting nauseous

It was only about a continuous minute near the end.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie sucked until the very end of the movie. When whats his face "Reaper" or w/e got his "super human strength" and it went all FPS on it, and i was like YES! YES! and thenthe rock died and i was like **** YEA!

Best answers
I seen it and my first thought "Damn the theatre is gonna be packed", Damn was I wrong. There was more people still watching Corpse Bride then the opening of Doom. Anyways I liked it, I'm a Doom fan. I have to ask, Super Human Stength? Did you become so unimaginative that you used Super Human Strength? It wasnt even that powerful. Oh my god! Reaper is the chosen one! Now he can actually shoot a gun!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw it last night with my brother. It was awesome. The first person action was maybe 5 mins long, after the guy became - well - go see it.

Best answers
I saw it last night as well. I liked alot, specially the music and the FPS and all that was awesome. Only one thing. i wish it stuck to how doom was, like demons and creatures from hell, instead of haveing one extra chromosome and turning into a creature like that. besides that, loved it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the ending could have been better, if Reaper just threw the nade into the protal and saw the rock blow up and then when you saw the black part the credits came, that would have been awsome.

Like I said it sucked until reaper woke up. He didn't even have super human strengh. Well he did, but the rock was better >.>

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought this movie was better than expected. Though if you are really picky on how well game-to-movies stay true to the orginal game then your going to be dissapointed. The music was incredible in this movie since it seemed to fit so well with the scenes not to mention the music somehow reminded me of the original Doom music.

The Rock in this movie was awesome even though he went crazy. Which you would expect if all of those series of events happened to you.

The first person bit was very entertaining. A good way of pumping up everyone for the final fight.

The part I really liked about this movie is the consistency of lighting. Much like the game, it is always dark and the lights are constantly flickering or turning off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. I have to say, though the plot wasn't very much like the game--at least the chomosome thing, based on if you're a good or evil person, made you change, so it KINDA was still demons...sort of--I have to say that I liked the level of consistency between everything visually. The areas and computer panels and stuff looked a lot like the game's.

I really liked all of the fighting in it, too. Destroyer fighting that Baron in that pit was INSANE. I really thought that dude was gonna get away.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I really liked all of the fighting in it, too. Destroyer fighting that Baron in that pit was INSANE. I really thought that dude was gonna get away.
Yeah, that part was cool. I was kinda shocked when he died, cause he was whooping it's arse, and was pretty much up the rope.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O Hrm... this thread was made first, but the other has more replies... I'm going to leave the other one open and close this one.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah, the guy gave quite the fight.

I went to see this movie today, it's ok, a bit sloppy storyline but has good action. I haven't even played Doom myself, just seen from it when someone else has played it. I was expecting a theater full of your average Doom fanatic nerds, I think I only saw a couple of those, also noticed that alot of people were going to see this movie because all the other movies were sold out except Doom.

Best answers
i was suprise that asian guy died so quickly (i dont remeber his name) he looked kool and calm i cant believed he did becos the monster swipped his head

Overall it was a kool movie, i thot the rock was the good guy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Mac. He only had ONE line in the WHOLE movie, kinda sucked for him :p

Best answers
Just for all the people wondering why its mutated science creatures and not demons and hellish creations.....if they made it demons blood and guts zombies undead decapitated corpses and the unholy signs you get in the video game im prettysure they would have been sued for about 30 different retarded reasons and maybe 10 good ones :)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doubtful, shattered faith. Why hasn't The Devil's Advocate, The Ninth Circle, End of Days and other such movies been sued?

I always figured that they never go straight from the videogame's story because their target audience, the gamers, already know how it will end.

Best answers
Naw. its because of my view, i think. Did thoes have corpses ON PIKES in barren wastelands, and bodies piled up to your shoulders as you wade through blood...etc etc. Cause if they wanted Real doom they woul dhave to do that. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom