DONT RELEASE 1.3 UNTIL YOU'VE Read THis

Best answers
My Idea Lets Others See Your Skins

In Esf 1.2:
Lets say you download a super cool brolly skin but... nobody can share the joy in seeing you as brolly, but as a default character.

In Esf 1.3
Lets say I download this Super cool Brolly model an go into the server and everyone wants to gang up on me cuz i chose to use a skin of a super strong character.

How would this be possible?:
Well you know how if you only have esf and not evm.. but you join an evm server you begin download evm files until you have them all? Well... First, lets say open up *ESF* First there should be a button asking [whether or not you want people to see your skins]. There also should be a 2nd button asking [whether or not you want to see other people's skins] well if 1 of these checked yes it shoudl switch the cl_allowdownload to 1. This way when you join a server that has people in it using skins they want me to see i can quickly and easily download the skin.
Where do does the skin go?
The skin would go into a "temporary replacement model folder." Now to prevent the skin from replacing the Original character skin, there should be extra slots in the character menu. The "extra character slots" should only need 2 things to work.
1) the skin model.
2) And the orginal character's attacks that it uses.
Example:
Lets say someone in the server is using a brolly skin but the model's animations are for vegeta's attacks. Well.. after the skin is download it goes into your "tempory model folder" and then its copied from there to one of the empty slots with vegeta's attacks.
Now that you've downloaded the skin and have it in Your character menu you can now choose to USE the model yourself if you want to. Their should be about 10 emtpy slots for each character. And if a *skin slot* for a specific character fills up a menu should pop up asking could you like to replace a model with this skin(the name/picture of the model should come up too). There should also be a button asking where youde like to delete your temporary skins

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would it be cool? Yes, but what if I want to see MY custom character when I fight them? or what if I do not feel like waiting an extra amount of time for each server I join? Plus, there may need to be temporary sound files as well.

But I do like the temporary folder idea, like for certain servers that require a certain model of a character.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah i was just about to go over your house and smack you jinx

i read "DONT RELEASE ESF 1.3"

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

No. God no. First of all, that would mean that everytime you enter a server, not only would the server have to download models from your computer (I don't even think thats possible), but after that you would then have to download everyone elses models in the server. Do you have any idea how long that would take?

Best answers
i say it would take a minute to dl 5 people's models or maybe less... i edited what i posted to specify what i meant read again

this also solves the problem of using a your skin as the same skin someone else is using.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. Just no. I want to see my models, and thats it.

Best answers
**********There also should be a 2nd button asking [whether or not you want to see other people's skins] *******************

thats a quote from what i have above
please read again i edited what i posted earlier

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still against it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hate to break it to you, but this most likely won't happen. The problems (mainly the wait for not only the uploading of your skins onto the server and other people, but the downloading of others to you) of this idea completely outweigh the benefits, which are minimal and only eye candy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be quiet honest, I think this is a pointless idea. If people want to see your "Super cool Broly skin" then they can download it themselves.

And them seeing the skin doesn't change the fact that you're enjoying it.

Best answers
Well.. it would be *sorta* cool, but.. Well frankly there will always be some idiot who purposefully gets some suggestive model, or some messed up model on purpose just to mess with people..

Best answers
OK read carefully what i typed....
my idea would let you SEE THE DEFAULT SKINS BUT IF SOMEONE WAS USING A BROLLY SKIN FOR VEGETA YOU'DE ONLY THAT PERSON AS BROLLY AND NOT EVERY OTHER VEGETA AS BROLLY
And..
IF ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO DL SKINS FROM SOMEONES PC THEN.... MAYBE THE SERVER COULD DL A CUSTOM SKIN PACK. ThaT way when you join the server you only have to download all the custom skins available 1 time. ( This would also elminate the idiot who wants to use a messed up model because the server owner would be the 1 to decide which skins can be used on the server.

This would also add an even variety of characters. This would also encourage skinners to get better so their work could be used on a *good* server.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested this before, besides, there are even better ways of doing it.

really, search before you suggest something. Typing in caps doesnt make people read what you write, infact, it almost made me want to ignore you.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
OK read carefully what i typed....
my idea would let you SEE THE DEFAULT SKINS BUT IF SOMEONE WAS USING A BROLLY SKIN FOR VEGETA YOU'DE ONLY THAT PERSON AS BROLLY AND NOT EVERY OTHER VEGETA AS BROLLY
And..
IF ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO DL SKINS FROM SOMEONES PC THEN.... MAYBE THE SERVER COULD DL A CUSTOM SKIN PACK. ThaT way when you join the server you only have to download all the custom skins available 1 time. ( This would also elminate the idiot who wants to use a messed up model because the server owner would be the 1 to decide which skins can be used on the server.

This would also add an even variety of characters. This would also encourage skinners to get better so their work could be used on a *good* server.
Your still going to be waiting atleast ten or twenty minutes every god damn time you want to enter a server, I don't care how good the server is. It's not happening..

You also have to take into consideration the fact that the person downloading these models might not want to see them. I for example am perfectly happy with my custom models and do not want to see other people's models.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh my goodness, thank god you told us not to, we were just about to release 1.3 when I saw this message! I had to scream at the top of my lungs so that masta could hear me before it was too late. He had almost completed uploading it to the main page.

But yes, I like my skins, I don't really want to see an ssj sonic or ronald mcdonald shooting kame's everywhere. So no thanks.

Best answers
Thanks a lot Jinx! Seriously though, Kama makes a really good point, I have to agree with Kama now. Unless there was an option where you could choose if you want to see someones skin or not. That would be a good idea I think.

Best answers
Sub you wouldn't have to dl the skins cuz on your esf menu there would be an option asking if you wanted to see other peoples skins for not.. if you check no.. then you wouldn't have to dl the skins.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much no one will want to wait to download models everytime they go to a server, so most people will just disable it. If most people aren't using it, there is no point in it being in esf.

Best answers
please ready carefully what i said.. It would only take 1 download ... when joniing the server if The server HOsted all the available models. After that you wouldnt need to download anything. Meaning if i left the server... i could come back to the server without dling anything.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't want to wait twenty minutes everytime I join a new server. I also don't want my ESF folder to be 2 gigs because I have every model on earth. I would also prefer to choose the models I play with, if I want to have a particular model, I'll download and install it, I don't need the game to do it for me.

It's a bad idea Jinx. I mean no offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom