Don't let my computer die

Best answers
Here's the situation.
My computer was full to the brim with trojans, spyware/adware etc.

So finally i decided to get rid of it and used McaFee anti virus scan and it just deleted so many things without even asking. So i'm sure it deleted a bunch of system tools etc. because now when i boot it up i get these errors with EXPLORER.EXE and other exes where pops up and its like 'memory refereced at so and so could not be found click ok to terminate' so all you can do is click ok and then another one comes up saying thesame thing for another .exe and then eventually when you've clicked all the oks it says system shut down and has a count down and then it just turns off. So basically i can't even get into anything to back up anything so i can format.
If there's anyway to fix this so i don't lose everything could someone help please. Perhaps there's a way where you put in the XP cd and can reinstall certain things but i don't know the commands.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a classic Windows mess. x_x
If you want to reformat, just boot the system into some form of a working state and get backing up your files.

Either try booting into "Safe Mode" (hold F8 when booting), or use a LiveCD and get to work. Then find your Windows CD and reformat. o_o

Best answers
i dont know... but there might be a way to use your System CD and repair your XP install. If it gets bad (like mine did), then just backup all your data to a CD and reinstall XP.

Sorry bud, its the best I can do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...not sure what you mean about, but every once in a while, if I'm viewing a ton of thumbnails or a thumbnail from a video, explorer will be asked to terminate. Sort of annoying, but not deadly. Never hapenned in Windows XP Pro. Only happenned since I've used WinXP Media Center. Probably not related. I have Norton Internet Security and it works better than anything I know.

Best answers
Ok thanks so much guys DragonDude's safe mode idea worked. I can get into it now without it shutting down so i can back up.
This thread can be closed now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom