ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
its kinda empty right now... but im looking forward to later pics. :)

Best answers
looks cool, nice rock structure!
But its a bit too small...and pic1 looks like a lake without water...
*pause*
mmh...Cold Steel? ...and... ...water?
*pause*
.....No f*ckin way!!!! ;)
show us some ingame shots, please!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i heard that he doesnt add water mutch.. his fps is dropping down! so very laggy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks pretty good but I think you should add grass around the big cliff thing (biggest tower in the middle) because the big patch of rocks make it look plain. Other than that it looks good considering you don't want to add water.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow thanks you guys! Considering this is the first map i ever made. It's even the first 3d program i ever touched. I only have one problem i can't figure out how to put an invisible wall around it and add a sky these are probably the reasons why I can't get the map running and make some ingame screenshots. As for the size ,i will do the best i can. Pherhaps it will be 4 times bigger or 6 times. We'll just have to see how the map is coming along. By the way do you guys want a namek village or freeza's ship?

Best answers
why do you want to add an invisible wall?
as for the sky, just build a cube around the map with the "sky" texture!
a namek village, freezas ship or something else, but if you make the map bigger, then you need to include something like that!

Best answers
nice work for your first map,

- make it bigger
- add namek trees
- that freeza´s ship idea sounds good
- what about namek water?
- try to make some whaterfalls

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm water lags for me, i am a voodoo user ,this map will be for the voodoo users who can't play esf_namek.bsp. This is just a tryout for me i'm not going to make it a lot bigger. My next map will be a lot bigger. Wich will probably be another namek map. And the namek sky is not a wad file, so how do I add it to the texture library?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all sorry for the triple post, but i wanted veryone to know this. I'm canceling the map cuz it's full of map problems. It has something to do with vertex manipulation if i fix the problem the map looks crap and becomes too big. But since it was just a basic try out, i will make a new one bigger and better. I will try to make it as big as esf_guru if i can hold the r-speed down. This time it will also be a namek map. But since i can't decide wich things i should add, I will give the choice to you guys.

1-Namek village.
2-Freeza's ship.
3-Goku's ship.
4-The ginyu space ships.

I won't add guru's place since esf_guru will come soon, and wouldn't like to copy someones map. BTW two choices are also fine but i won't add them all.

Best answers
wow...whats that..did you actually map the namek trees!
dude, there are already models for them: namekl.mdl and namekm.mdl, I think! Use these.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i know something.. how about adding a DEEEEEEEEP whole? same whit frieza almost destroyed namek whit his death ball attack..

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With some fire/lava light effects huh. I don't know ,that would mean i have to make night namek level. And the thing is i like namek the most by day.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
With some fire/lava light effects huh.. lol. i knew it :p i whas thinking of that.. but noo...... to mutch laggy.. but i whas thinking.. just before frieza fired that ball. namek whas still light.. what if its just a hole in the day ^_^

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose i could do that. By the way the new map is coming along nicely i can get ingame screenshots but i have to fix some errors first.

Best answers
Originally posted by Pwb
i know something.. how about adding a DEEEEEEEEP whole? same whit frieza almost destroyed namek whit his death ball attack..
I'm making a map based specifically around that hole. I have some rocky terrain with small lave pools around the map, and a giant hole right in the middle. As you go down, it gradually fades to black. If you go too low, it starts to hurt you.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
:eek: nice ^_^ i really want to see BOTH of your maps.. the more maps i have the better. i really like cold''s map as i can see on the pic's... you got some pic's to Sandrock?

anyway.. Cold: could you add electro sparks OR just some sounds?

Best answers
I haven't got much yet, just the basic layout right now. I have a few lava pools in and the hole, but the namekian cliffs around the outside of the map need major work.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well let me tell you something if haven't read the entire thread don't worry but i'm currently working on a new map and it's allready looking a lot better. I will post some screenies if i can solute the water problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom